Incredibly vague sixties (?) kids TV theme question

Angus

May 17, 2013, 3:08:09 PM5/17/13

There's some TV advert on at the momnent, I can't even tell you what its
advertising, but its on a lot.

It uses what I think is basically a rip-off of an old kid's TV theme and
then drifts into something else.

I think the original was a foreign import involving children, and I
think its Australian featuring, I think, aboriginal instruments. Nice
little groove actually. Very gentle, slow paced and sort of thoughtfully
optimistic.

As best as I can tell it sort of strums G then C then G then D

G ching-ching...ching
C ching-ching...ching
G ching-ching...ching
D ching-ching...ching

Last of the B Fivers, you are my only hope, what is the theme? Its
definitely NOT Skippy!

Angus

May 20, 2013, 5:02:09 PM5/20/13
In article <MPG.2c009068f...@news.demon.co.uk>,
angus@_ANTISPEM_angusm.demon.co.uk says...
Little bit less vague: The advert that is currently using the music (or
part of it) is for MacDonald's Fruitizz, check it out - you know you
want to. :)

.....maybe I'm remembering an advert from the sities, but I think it was
a TV show.

Vince M Hudd

May 21, 2013, 8:23:55 AM5/21/13
Angus <angus@_ANTISPEM_angusm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <MPG.2c009068f...@news.demon.co.uk>,
> angus@_ANTISPEM_angusm.demon.co.uk says...

[...]

> > Last of the B Fivers, you are my only hope, what is the theme? Its
> > definitely NOT Skippy!

> Little bit less vague: The advert that is currently using the music (or
> part of it) is for MacDonald's Fruitizz, check it out - you know you want
> to. :)
[...]
> .....maybe I'm remembering an advert from the sities, but I think it was a
> TV show.

Does this help?

http://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/2012/05/mcdonalds-fruitizz/

It doesn't answer the question of the TV show, but does identify the music -
and notes that it's been used on screen many times.

--
Soft Rock Software: http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd: http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/

Angus

May 21, 2013, 2:02:07 PM5/21/13
In article <mpro.mn5efv006...@softrock.co.uk>,
vin...@softrock.co.uk says...

> Angus <angus@_ANTISPEM_angusm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <MPG.2c009068f...@news.demon.co.uk>,
> > angus@_ANTISPEM_angusm.demon.co.uk says...
>
> [...]
>
> > > Last of the B Fivers, you are my only hope, what is the theme? Its
> > > definitely NOT Skippy!
>
> > Little bit less vague: The advert that is currently using the music (or
> > part of it) is for MacDonald's Fruitizz, check it out - you know you want
> > to. :)
> [...]
> > .....maybe I'm remembering an advert from the sities, but I think it was a
> > TV show.
>
> Does this help?
>
> http://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/2012/05/mcdonalds-fruitizz/
>
> It doesn't answer the question of the TV show, but does identify the music -
> and notes that it's been used on screen many times.

Thanks Vince, that's the fella - also direct to Youtube link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Sa1CbxOFs

I found my funny old brain wondering today if it was anything to do with
that early sixties Robinson Crusoe show. I know its not the main theme
music, but maybe....

Probably not. Some kind of association there perhaps. Darn, this group
10 years ago would have nailed this in hours. :)

Mike Hubbard

May 22, 2013, 5:30:31 PM5/22/13
On Tue, 21 May 2013 19:02:07 +0100, Angus
Grassenhauer by Carl Orff (the Carmina Burana bloke).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9_6W6bVoQ