Re: Great British Dig:Your Back Garden, oddity ?

Mike Swift

Mar 7, 2021, 8:10:16 PM3/7/21
In article <s22t04$huj$1...@dont-email.me>, Jethro_uk
<jeth...@hotmailbin.com> writes
>Interesting to hear a new phrase in history: "Anglo-Scandinavian" ... that's
>appeared since my schooldays.

Typical Luvvie types rewriting history, up here in God's Own Country we
say Viking, I suppose there must have been some Angles but we have more
in common with Scotland than the southern descendants of William the
Bastard and his Norman French who decimated the North.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Calum

Mar 12, 2021, 8:45:45 AM3/12/21
On 07/03/2021 15:54, Jethro_uk wrote:
> Not bad fare, all in all.
>
> Was puzzled by the second episode where - unless I misunderstood - they
> decided to leave a skeleton that had clearly been meaningfully interred
> in the ground in someones back garden.

Couple of weeks since I saw it so I can't remember, but I thought they
did give a reason--too fragile to move or something? They did say at the
end that the other remains they'd found were to be re-interred in the
local churchyard, so it wasn't just that they couldn't be bothered.

Mike Gooding

Mar 12, 2021, 8:53:33 AM3/12/21
I do wonder at what point does archaeology become uncomfortable? I remember Phil wasn't at all keen on disinterring a WWII plane crash.