Sound flutter on film.

Dave W

Sep 27, 2022, 6:44:51 PM9/27/22
I'm watching the film of the Queen's 1953 Coronation, shown recently
on C4. I remember seeing it as a lad. It's been digitally restored,
and static shots are now magnificently rock steady. However the sound
is godawful. Dreadful frequency flutter most noticeable on the clock
bell. The film must have been in a sorry state to produce that. Surely
in this day and age it should be possible to de-flutter the sound?
--
Dave W

Stephen Wolstenholme

Sep 28, 2022, 6:08:51 AM9/28/22
On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:44:38 +0100, Dave W <dave...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
I watched the Coronation on a neighbours TV when I was 4 years old
then I forgot all about it. Then I watched the restored version when I
74 years old and forgot all about it again except for sound. As you
say the fluttering was noticeable. If it had been processed in some
way to remove the flutter it may have seemed a bit artificial.

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Dave W

Sep 28, 2022, 4:46:32 PM9/28/22
Surely it would sound more natural if they could vary the pitch at a
regular rate that had been synchronised with the flutter? Like
flywheel sync on an old TV.
--
Dave W