Dead Pixels?

Pete

Aug 17, 2021, 2:43:12 PM8/17/21
This may be a bit old-news for you lot, as I'm calling from
"Across the Pond", but The CW (a US network) is currently showing
the Channel 4 comedy "Dead Pixels", and I'm curious to know if
the original is as heavily bleeped as it is here! Are "f**k"s
and so on allowed on the air in the UK, or are they bleeped in
the original too? Anybody watch it?

Thanks,
-- Pete --

Andy Burns

Aug 17, 2021, 2:52:49 PM8/17/21

Pete wrote:

> I'm curious to know if the original is as heavily bleeped as it is
> here! Are "f**k"s and so on allowed on the air in the UK

Yes, after the 9pm watershed and especially on Channel4

Pete

Aug 17, 2021, 4:12:29 PM8/17/21
In article <io2ert...@mid.individual.net>,
Ahh! Good to know... The heavy bleeping acually detracts from
the flow of the show, as it can conceal more than just the swearing.

Thanks,

-- Pete --

Andy Burns

Aug 17, 2021, 5:41:36 PM8/17/21
Pete wrote

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Pete wrote:
>>
>>> I'm curious to know if the original is as heavily bleeped as it is
>>> here! Are "f**k"s and so on allowed on the air in the UK
>>
>> Yes, after the 9pm watershed and especially on Channel4
>
> Ahh! Good to know... The heavy bleeping acually detracts from
> the flow of the show, as it can conceal more than just the swearing.

I just realised my reply was ambiguous, I should have said "no it's not
bleeped at all" and "yes all the swearing is allowed on air"

Pete

Aug 17, 2021, 7:32:05 PM8/17/21
In article <io2ooe...@mid.individual.net>,
No problem...! (:-)) I understood exactly that!
(So much for the prized American "Free Speech"!)

-- Pete --

Calum

Aug 18, 2021, 8:53:23 AM8/18/21
Have watched both series and there is indeed no bleeping here.