Airline - this week's twat

DVDfever Dom

Oct 13, 2006, 4:40:51 PM10/13/06
No, not the drunk who pissed himself after crashing out in the terminal
(why was he left alone to fall asleep and piss himself? That was never
explained), but the arrogant shit who was a minute late so check-in
closed and he insisted they make an exception for him because he flies
with them all the time, allegedly.

If he did fly with them frequently, he'd be more aware of their
policies on turning up late after check-in closes, the bearded twat.

ne...@buffy.sighup.org.uk

Oct 13, 2006, 6:07:33 PM10/13/06
DVDfever Dom <goo...@dvdfever.co.uk> wrote:
> If he did fly with them frequently, he'd be more aware of their
> policies on turning up late after check-in closes, the bearded twat.

Isn't it time that Airline was killed off.

How often do we need to see some idiot screaming and shouting after arriving
late IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS. Are the staff are going to break the rules
on camera and get fired just so you can get on a plane?

Then there are the drunks, the people who arrive without their passport,
without their luggage, without their brains.

It's a tired format and was really never much more than a 30 minute advert
for EasyJet.

--
Geoff Lane, Airstrip One

steeler

Oct 13, 2006, 7:44:13 PM10/13/06

<ne...@buffy.sighup.org.uk> wrote in message

A poor advert for SleezyJet. I agree that the staff are usually polite and
right to enforce the rules - but I don't want to turn up (on time) and fly
with the type of customers who always seem to be featured on this program.
All the show has done is encourage me to always book scheduled.

Graculus

Oct 14, 2006, 2:42:50 AM10/14/06
"steeler" <nos...@nomail.com> wrote in message

> A poor advert for SleezyJet. I agree that the staff are usually polite
> and right to enforce the rules - but I don't want to turn up (on time) and
> fly with the type of customers who always seem to be featured on this
> program. All the show has done is encourage me to always book scheduled.

<snob> I flew on a Charter flight (First Choice) for the first time in over
10 years, preferring the likes of BA and other full-service airlines
normall. Oh My God! The last time I saw so many nylon shell suits and fat
slags in pink crop-tops was when I was unlucky enough to fly into Manchester
in the middle of the holiday season. </snob>

Mr Scummy

Oct 14, 2006, 4:30:31 AM10/14/06
Graculus wrote:
> "steeler" <nos...@nomail.com> wrote in message
>
> <snob> I flew on a Charter flight (First Choice) for the first time in over
> 10 years, preferring the likes of BA and other full-service airlines
> normall. Oh My God! The last time I saw so many nylon shell suits and fat
> slags in pink crop-tops was when I was unlucky enough to fly into Manchester
> in the middle of the holiday season. </snob>

I also flew First Choice to Crete a couple of months ago and was amazed
by the number of chavs.

Highlight of the trip was when the plane flew through a thunderstorm
(lightning flashing outside the windows) and heavy turbulence and they
all started shrieking and squealing like they were about to die.

allan tracy

Oct 14, 2006, 8:17:12 AM10/14/06

> If he did fly with them frequently, he'd be more aware of their
> policies on turning up late after check-in closes, the bearded twat.

It would help a bit if they explained the reasons for such a policy
because there are some very good reasons as to why the check-in has to
close spot-on.

Stuff like calculating the payload and ordering the appropriate level
of fuel which could be completely undermined by letting on one more
bearded twat.

Marcus Houlden

Oct 14, 2006, 9:01:45 AM10/14/06
On 14 Oct 2006 05:17:12 -0700, allan tracy <thunderb...@hotmail.com>
wrote the following to uk.media.tv.misc:

Also kind of tricky trying to catch a plane when it's thousands of feet up
and somewhere over mainland Europe or the Atlantic.

mh.
--
http://www.nukesoft.co.uk
http://personal.nukesoft.co.uk

From address is a blackhole. Reply-to address is valid.

steeler

Oct 14, 2006, 12:05:39 PM10/14/06

"Marcus Houlden" <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk> wrote in message

> On 14 Oct 2006 05:17:12 -0700, allan tracy <thunderb...@hotmail.com>
> wrote the following to uk.media.tv.misc:
>

>>> If he did fly with them frequently, he'd be more aware of their
>>> policies on turning up late after check-in closes, the bearded twat.
>>
>> It would help a bit if they explained the reasons for such a policy
>> because there are some very good reasons as to why the check-in has to
>> close spot-on.
>>
>> Stuff like calculating the payload and ordering the appropriate level
>> of fuel which could be completely undermined by letting on one more
>> bearded twat.
>
> Also kind of tricky trying to catch a plane when it's thousands of feet up
> and somewhere over mainland Europe or the Atlantic.

Often the plane has not taken off, they have just closed check-in for the
reasons stated by the previous poster. That is what gets some idiots so
confused - they cannot get past the idea of "I can see the plane, let me on
it".

Dom Robinson

Oct 14, 2006, 2:17:58 PM10/14/06
In article <nV7Yg.140818$5O2....@fe09.news.easynews.com>, nos...@nomail.com
says...
Tell them no and they won't listen to any reasons at all. I felt a bit sorry
for the guy in Belfast who said he got held up by security, but then he was
like the family last week who also got delayed and no-one asked for them to
alert the check-in desk so they knew about it.

However, while it was unnecessary of him to keep effing and jeffing over the
issue, I was surprised at the girl who didn't ask him not to swear (which is
usually the first thing you'd do after it's clear the first time he did it
wasn't a one-off and he'll carry on doing it) and also found the situation
amusing.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

New music charts - http://dvdfever.co.uk/music.shtml
DVDfever Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/user/DVDfever

Message has been deleted

Bruce Stewart

Oct 15, 2006, 7:01:48 PM10/15/06
DVDfever Dom wrote:

I remember seeing something like this a while back, I just hope some of the
people see themselves and how they acted.

Bruce S.

--
Replace the by by blueyonder

DVDfever Dom

Oct 15, 2006, 7:12:21 PM10/15/06

I doubt they'll think they were in the wrong. They'll just sign a
release form to use the footage, thinking that "I was in the right,
Easyjet were in the wrong. I'll come out of this looking marvellous!" :)

Dom Robinson

Oct 16, 2006, 3:43:45 PM10/16/06
In article <l5r3j25efo72k934g...@4ax.com>, {$usenet-spamdump$}
@mrtickle.demon.co.uk says...
> In <MPG.1f9b2b338...@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>, Dom Robinson

> <Usethe...@inthesig.com> wrote:
> >However, while it was unnecessary of him to keep effing and jeffing over the
> >issue, I was surprised at the girl who didn't ask him not to swear (which is
> >usually the first thing you'd do after it's clear the first time he did it
> >wasn't a one-off and he'll carry on doing it) and also found the situation
> >amusing.
>
> They used to show a tough Liverpool check-in woman who didn't suffer
> fools gladly - I hope she's still in it?

Jane Bolton? She left a couple of series ago.
Message has been deleted

DVDfever Dom

Oct 16, 2006, 5:34:33 PM10/16/06

Mike Henry wrote:
> In <MPG.1f9de8d53...@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>, Dom Robinson

> <Usethe...@inthesig.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <l5r3j25efo72k934g...@4ax.com>, {$usenet-spamdump$}
> >@mrtickle.demon.co.uk says...
> >>
> >> They used to show a tough Liverpool check-in woman who didn't suffer
> >> fools gladly - I hope she's still in it?
> >>
> >Jane Bolton? She left a couple of series ago.
>
> No, the "Jane and Leo show" was at Luton. The woman I'm thinking of was
> at Liverpool airport (not Leanne Chung). She reminded me (attitude wise)
> of the DSS woman from "Bread" :-)

I remember her, although Leanne sounded more like Aveline :)

Yes, I think she left as well. She certainly hasn't been on it for a
while.

Leo reminds me of a cross between Charlie Brown and Louis Walsh :)