BBC One regions + more all in HD now

Ar

Feb 22, 2023, 12:25:24 PM2/22/23
If you have FTA satellite / Freesat / Sky (NOT Freeview) - as of today
(Wednesday 22nd), the BBC seem to have completed their moving channels
around, so you can watch all the UK's BBC One regions in HD. The BBC
have axed all the SD versions to replace them with HD. However, based on
my quick observations, the following regions DO NOT have HD for their
regional news. Come on BBC, HD has been around for a long time now.

East
East Mids
North East?
South East
West Mids
Yorks
Yorks & Lincs

The rest of those regions output is of course in HD, just not the
regional news. Channels like BBC South HD and BBC London HD are in full
HD for regional news, although they do seem to mix with SD shot footage
still.

Also, BBC Parliament on satellite has become HD as well, the SD channel
getting the chop. And BBC Four HD got moved to a different transponder
without the BBC telling anyone.

There's an BBC Alba HD, BBC Scotland HD, and BBC Wales HD - but I don't
care about those.

NY

Feb 23, 2023, 4:51:36 AM2/23/23
"Ar" <A...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:tt5j62$1ikdo$1...@dont-email.me...
> Also, BBC Parliament on satellite has become HD as well, the SD channel
> getting the chop.

All the SD versions of the BBC channels (in non-regionalised, red-slate
form) have been moved to 12422H
https://www.lyngsat.com/muxes/Astra-2F_UK_12422-H.html as a short-term
measure. I'm not sure how long they will remain there. However I've heard
reports that they may not appear in the Freesat EPG and list of channels,
and that you may need to access them in nono-Freesat mode. I use TVHeadend
on a Raspberry Pi, which only operates in non-Freesat mode, so I can see
them just the same as any other channels.

After BBC Parliament first became available on 10733 H in HD, a few days
ago, it looked as if they were still getting the sub-SD 544x576 feed and
upscaling it. I was about to make a facetious comment about turd-polishing,
but it looks as if the pictures are now 1920x1080. So our MPs are now
sharper - in appearance if not brains ;-)