Regional BBC1 in HD 2023 Q1, finally

Ar

Nov 28, 2022, 12:23:45 PM11/28/22
BBC has finally decided to introduce regional BBC1 in HD, so we will get
the regional news in HD, despite many regions having HD recording
ability for quite a while already. However, the article suggests that SD
BBC1 is to get the axe on satellite to make room for it on the satellite
system. Freeview (terrestrial) doesn't seem to be affected.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1701882/Freeview-Sky-TV-update-BBC-channel-HD-regional-news

NY

Nov 28, 2022, 4:12:03 PM11/28/22
"Ar" <A...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:tm2qqv$20st5$1...@dont-email.me...
I'm surprised that BBC didn't decide to leave a single non-regionalised
version of its channels on Freesat, after replacing the SD versions of all
its other regions with HD versions. The extra bandwidth needed would have
been small but they would have ensured SD compatibility for a long time
rather than confining it to terrestrial broadcasts.