Halo

Jeff Layman

Jun 25, 2022, 5:20:25 AM6/25/22
I watched the first episode on Channel 5. Not bad, but I have yet to see
what's so different from the film "Starship Troopers".

More to the point, is that it's the only episode which will be shown of
Ch5. The rest are only available with a subscription to Paramount+.
That's *not* what appears to be the case in last week's Radio Times. It
was in the Ch5 listings as:
"10.00 New series. Halo"
1/9 Contact. US sci-fi action series based on the video game of the same
name..."

A couple of points. Firstly, when there's a new programme and RT has a
comment about it in it's preview/blurb pages there's a small "RT" by the
programme listing showing there's a comment. There wasn't one for some
reason in the Ch5 listing at 10.00pm. RT's "Best of the rest" blurb
refers to it as "A taster of the new Paramount+ fantasy adventure...".
But if you didn't see the blurb because there's no reference that it
exists, that it was a "taster" would have been missed.

Secondly, why show it as 1/9, when only the first one is free-to-air?
One explanation I can think of is that the Ch5 listing was meant to
misinform. I assume the RT listing is basically what is supplied by Ch5.
There's nothing more here either
<https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-bjtmda/halo-season-1/?episode=b-9tbc3n>.
It refers to "Season 1" and "All episodes".

Oh, did I forget to mention that Ch5 is owned by Paramount+? ;-)

--

Jeff

Mike Swift

Jun 25, 2022, 8:17:00 AM6/25/22
In article <t96k0n$33e$1...@dont-email.me>, Jeff Layman
<Je...@invalid.invalid> writes
>Secondly, why show it as 1/9, when only the first one is free-to-air? One
>explanation I can think of is that the Ch5 listing was meant to misinform. I
>assume the RT listing is basically what is supplied by Ch5. There's nothing
>more here either <https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-bjtmda/halo-
>season-1/?episode=b-9tbc3n>. It refers to "Season 1" and "All episodes".
>
>Oh, did I forget to mention that Ch5 is owned by Paramount+? ;-)

It reminded me of a more bloody version of The Mandalorian, it would
appear that the whole series is available on your nearest horseshoe
shaped magnetic download outlet if you're desperate to see other
episodes.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Max Demian

Jun 25, 2022, 8:52:39 AM6/25/22
Yes, the RT should do better. Write to them! They might print your
complaint. They warn you about that kind of thing with Channel 4 ("Just
the first episode is broadcast and the rest on All4"). In this case I
assume you have to pay real money to watch Paramount+ rather than just
be annoyed with adverts so it's even more important.

I watches a bit of it and decided it wasn't for me so no loss.

--
Max Demian