watershed

Andy Burns

Aug 13, 2022, 3:24:46 PM8/13/22
I know that with online catch-up services, the watershed is less relevant than
ever, but if you're Film4, why put a film on at 18:50 with the recommendation
"not suitable for young children"?

Jeff Layman

Aug 13, 2022, 4:50:52 PM8/13/22
I suppose it depends on what is meant by "young" children, and what
content is considered unsuitable. It's not just catch-up, but could be
on a PVR for viewing at any time. Others might differ, but I would think
it unsuitable for any child of 6 or younger. Wouldn't they normally be
in bed around 7pm anyway?

--

Jeff

MikeS

Aug 14, 2022, 1:51:09 AM8/14/22
On 13/08/2022 20:24, Andy Burns wrote:
It is probably time to declare the TV watershed obsolete given that most
devices for TV viewing now have facilities for parental control.