Don't watch Le Brea on Ch5 tonight...

Jeff Layman

Aug 1, 2022, 3:46:54 PM8/1/22
...unless you have a subscription to Paramount+. Channel 5 are playing
the same trick that they did with "Halo" just over a month ago. This new
Sci-Fi series has the pilot episode showing on Ch5 at 2200. To see the
rest you'll have to take out a subscription to Paramount+.

--

Jeff

Mike Swift

Aug 1, 2022, 8:29:34 PM8/1/22
In article <tc9ajc$137o1$1...@dont-email.me>, Jeff Layman
<Je...@invalid.invalid> writes
Other ways are available to watch.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Max Demian

Aug 2, 2022, 7:16:24 AM8/2/22
Somebody complained in the Radio Times letters page about Halo, but they
haven't made it unambiguous for Le Brea. They do it better when Channel
4 play the same trick by use of the word "only".

--
Max Demian

Jeff Layman

Aug 2, 2022, 7:32:12 AM8/2/22
I checked my EPG for next Monday. Le Brea was missing.

Is truth stranger than fiction? The timing couldn't be better!
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/02/sinkhole-25-metres-wide-prompts-investigation-near-chilean-copper-mine>

--

Jeff

Max Demian

Aug 2, 2022, 11:58:50 AM8/2/22
On 01/08/2022 20:46, Jeff Layman wrote:

The Guardian slagged it off, but vaguely said it was on Channel 5. They
didn't even say when it was/is on. That's typical of the Graun, who
often review something without saying whether it's a TV programme, a
theatrical production or a magic lantern show.

--
Max Demian

JNugent

Aug 2, 2022, 1:39:42 PM8/2/22
Saw the first seven eight minutes on P+.

It's pretty fast-moving. Like ER when it started. Or 9-1-1 before they
introduced all the woke stuff.

I'll catch the rest later.

Natalie Zea... Hmmmmm....

JNugent

Aug 4, 2022, 4:15:06 PM8/4/22
Just in case anyone is interested...

Via Sky Cinema, the Paramount+ channel ostensibly includes Season 1 of
"La Brea".

But there are currently only eight episodes of Season 1 (which consists
of 10 episodes) available.

Numbers 2 and 10 are missing. (!!)

A query at Sky revealed that the difficulty is at the Paramount+ end of
things, that they are aware of the problem and hope to get it resolved.

Having watched Ep 1, the absence of Ep 2 is a bit of a bind.

Fingers crossed.