X- Files - I Want To Believe....

Fred X

Jan 6, 2011, 9:45:07 AM1/6/11
... that it's not as bad as Digiguide would suggest as they only
give it one out of five! I remember that when it came out the
reviews weren't that great, but even Porky's gets two out of
five on Digiguide and they give Resident Evil 4/5. Is this
X-Files film really that bad?

Fred X

yaffle53

Jan 6, 2011, 9:49:32 AM1/6/11

It's probably about as good as a typical S9 X-Files episode.
Cheers
Jeff

Message has been deleted

The dog from that film you saw

Jan 6, 2011, 12:39:06 PM1/6/11

"Fred X" wrote in message news:op.vov5x...@netbook.wag54gs...

Fred X

i rather enjoyed it but it all seemed a bit... sad somehow.
it's very small - almost need not be an x files film and it comes so far
after the tv series that it almost seems like a school reunion type affair.
there's really not a lot of reason for it to exist - if you liked the first
X files movie this is a different beast altogether.

-- Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

Dry Gulch Pete

Jan 6, 2011, 5:39:12 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 2:45 pm, "Fred X" <apa...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Have a quick scan of imdb, Fred - the reviews seem mostly favorable!

Dry Gulch Pete

Jan 6, 2011, 7:09:10 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 2:45 pm, "Fred X" <apa...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Billy Connelly! - aaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dry Gulch Pete

Jan 7, 2011, 3:17:20 AM1/7/11
On Jan 6, 2:45 pm, "Fred X" <apa...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Watched 20 minutes - who told Billy Connelly he could act?

Sofa - Spud

Jan 7, 2011, 4:18:56 AM1/7/11

The first was OK but this was dire - they phoned in their lines - they
weren't the least bit interested in it. Something to do with a contract
is why they made it.

Fred X

Jan 7, 2011, 9:29:15 AM1/7/11
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 14:49:32 -0000, yaffle53 <jeff53....@gmail.com>
wrote:

That bad, eh?

Fred X

Fred X

Jan 7, 2011, 9:33:24 AM1/7/11
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:39:06 -0000, The dog from that film you saw
<d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:

> "Fred X" wrote in message news:op.vov5x...@netbook.wag54gs...
>
>> ... that it's not as bad as Digiguide would suggest as they only
>> give it one out of five! I remember that when it came out the
>> reviews weren't that great, but even Porky's gets two out of
>> five on Digiguide and they give Resident Evil 4/5. Is this
>> X-Files film really that bad?
>
> Fred X
>

> i rather enjoyed it but it all seemed a bit... sad somehow.
> it's very small - almost need not be an x files film and it comes so far
> after the tv series that it almost seems like a school reunion type
> affair.
> there's really not a lot of reason for it to exist - if you liked the
> first X files movie this is a different beast altogether.

I remember when it came out that I was wondering why they had waited so
long to make a second film? Most people would have lost interest in the
show by then, so what was the point?

Fred X

Fred X

Jan 7, 2011, 9:43:31 AM1/7/11

I suppose the 5.9 rating means it's not that bad, but it's not much
better than the 5.8 that Porky's gets. They should have put that on
the posters "It's not quite as bad as Porky's".

Fred X

Fred X

Jan 7, 2011, 9:46:10 AM1/7/11
On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:18:56 -0000, Sofa - Spud <comfy...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

Now that's what they should have called it - The X-Files: Contractual
Obligation. I don't think that anyone was still interested in The X-Files
by 2008 to be honest!

Fred X

Message has been deleted

Fred X

Jan 8, 2011, 9:15:12 AM1/8/11
On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 18:51:23 -0000, Ar <A...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:33:24 +0000, Fred X wrote:
>
>> I remember when it came out that I was wondering why they had waited so
>> long to make a second film? Most people would have lost interest in the
>> show by then, so what was the point?
>

> Maybe people "Want To Believe" that they could make a better X-Files
> film?

I believe the appropriate phrase is Epic Fail.

Fred X