Pointless Celebrities.

Mike Swift

Apr 13, 2023, 8:26:37 PM4/13/23
The dodgy BBC have struck again.

I might be being paranoid but in this quiz every time someone gives an
answer and then realises they have got it wrong and give another one the
stock answer is" I'm sorry, we have to accept your first answer"

Last night someone gave an answer and then changed their mind to a
different pronunciation which was accepted, it turned out the original
pronunciation was correct but they got a 100 score.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Steve

Apr 14, 2023, 4:23:34 AM4/14/23
On 14/04/2023 2:26, Mike Swift wrote:
> The dodgy BBC have struck again.
>
> I might be being paranoid but in this quiz every time someone gives an
> answer and then realises they have got it wrong and give another one the
> stock answer is" I'm sorry, we have to accept your first answer"
>
> Last night someone gave an answer and then changed their mind to a
> different pronunciation which was accepted, it turned out the original
> pronunciation was correct but they got a 100 score.
>
> Mike

I think they are easier on the celebrities generally and they get easier
questions.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Apr 14, 2023, 9:34:09 AM4/14/23
On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 01:26:21 +0100, Mike Swift
<mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote:

>The dodgy BBC have struck again.
>
>I might be being paranoid but in this quiz every time someone gives an
>answer and then realises they have got it wrong and give another one the
>stock answer is" I'm sorry, we have to accept your first answer"
>
>Last night someone gave an answer and then changed their mind to a
>different pronunciation which was accepted, it turned out the original
>pronunciation was correct but they got a 100 score.
>
>Mike

That's a good reason not to watch "Celebrities".

Dave W

Apr 14, 2023, 5:16:11 PM4/14/23
<mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote:

>The dodgy BBC have struck again.
>
>I might be being paranoid but in this quiz every time someone gives an
>answer and then realises they have got it wrong and give another one the
>stock answer is" I'm sorry, we have to accept your first answer"
>
>Last night someone gave an answer and then changed their mind to a
>different pronunciation which was accepted, it turned out the original
>pronunciation was correct but they got a 100 score.
>
>Mike

No, they said "ornithopter" then changed it to "ornicopter". Not
mispronunciation.
Dave W