Google grupās vairs netiek atbalstītas jaunas Usenet ziņas un abonementi. Vēsturiskais saturs joprojām ir skatāms.

OT - what's the sketch?

11 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 10. apr. 19:46:5310.04.01
uz
yes, it's random OT topic time from me.
i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*
and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
who are the fellow students, and who has exams?
and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.

so first to grumble will be me:
it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress :-)
on the plus side i'm not working at the weekends for the next few weeks, but
you know, that doesn't make it any easier. i only escape the house to go to
the library :-)
but it'll be over in a month, and then i can face.........The Real World.
eeeeeekk!
:-)

natalie
thinking we've been on-topic for a while now so is taking liberties.

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 10. apr. 20:15:0410.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> yes, it's random OT topic time from me.

Hurrah!

> i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*

Eek. Good luck!

> and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?

Revision, in theory. Actually, I did a reasonable amount of work today.
Feeling very virtuous.

> who are the fellow students, and who has exams?

First week of June, mine are...

> it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress :-)

:-(

It's the overachievers who are scariest. The ones who seem to be in the
library 24/7. The ones who tell you that no, you shouldn't read those
references because they're the ones the lecturer gave you and they're too
obvious...

> thinking we've been on-topic for a while now so is taking liberties.

And why not.

Niall

--
A mistress: something between a mister and a mattress.

Ben 'Lurker' Hall

nelasīta,
2001. gada 10. apr. 20:50:2710.04.01
uz
My exams start end of may first year A level student (AS). Not really
looking forward to them, GOD I hate exams.
What you guys studying im on: English
Psych
Computing
Gov+Pol
Damn revision sucks!

Ben

(Actually that was kind of gibberish!)

Sieue

nelasīta,
2001. gada 10. apr. 20:57:4110.04.01
uz
what is everybody up to at the moment?

Majorly stressing over my move to Cyprus - too much to do, not enough time,
there's not enough time....

> who are the fellow students, and who has exams?

Speak to me next year

> and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.

Not a student except for what I do to keep my brain active. SAHM (stay at
home mum) which roughly translated means the person who does all the rubbish
jobs and gets the blame. Bit like real life. But no pay, sick leave or
holidays which is rough. OTOH I get to do exactly what I want to do most of
the time - which at the moment is alternating between procrastinating and
panicking.

Sue
--
Ah, not asleep, where were we?

Stephen Powell

nelasīta,
2001. gada 10. apr. 21:41:1710.04.01
uz

"natalie" <nat...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> yes, it's random OT topic time from me.
> i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*
> and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
> who are the fellow students, and who has exams?
> and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.

OK then. At the moment I'm writing up my project. I have 6 days left to
finish the draft. The prject can be a maximum of 7500 words not inclusive
of tables, figures etc. I'm at about 3000 words now (I figure 1000 words a
day). I have to write an introduction, abstract and discussion on it,
whilst also adding a bit about colour schemes. My project is titled
"Web-site development of a graphics display interface for protein databases
". It has, on the whole consisted of downloading plugins, trying them out
to decide how feature packed and easy to use they are. Explaining to my
supervisor why images on her Mac PowerBook look blocky (1027*768) while they
dont on her SGI they dont (at least 1900*something equally large).

Writing the project is a pain as there basically is very little science
behind the choice asa far as I can see. No surveys were used, only a few
discussions between her and myself where we brifly discussed must haves and
played with a few plugins. This makes the write up tricky. Not least
because I'm a biochemist. Lab reports I can do easily, I've had 3 years
practice. Product development wrt to selection of an appropriate plug in to
spin molecules in I have no experiance in. My supervisor is supposed to
give me a paper to model mine on. She hasn't, so I'm largely guessing
(though miracles of miricles I did manage to find a few papers that actually
have some relevance to this today). I will have very few references to
journals, one or two to a couple of text books (a JAVA book and a HCI book)
and probably many many references to scattered websites. The introduction
is supposed to be quite long, it is also supposed to be a literature review.
As stated, I dont have much in the way of official literature.

Anyway, the draft is to be in by the 17th. The Final copy is to be submitted
on the 27th. I suspect there may be a lot of alterations. Or a complete
rewrite at this state. 2 weeks after the 27th, finals begin. I've not
started revising yet.

Well you asked :-P

Eggz

Tony Gowland

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 04:53:0211.04.01
uz
> yes, it's random OT topic time from me.
> i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*
> and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
> who are the fellow students, and who has exams?

Mwah hah hah hah haaaaa. Been there, done that. It's awful, isn't it? Anyway,
good luck.

> and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.

I am curently making the underground half of a large science park, which is
doing my head in, since Maya occasionally deletes or replaces my texturing,
apparently at random.

Well, you did ask.

--
Tony Gowland
http://freespace.virgin.net/freaky.zoid/

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 07:21:1411.04.01
uz

Tony Gowland <to...@blahblahblah.com> wrote in message

> > yes, it's random OT topic time from me.
> > i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*
> > and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
> > who are the fellow students, and who has exams?

Did the finals thing in 1998 In Politics + Mod hist at Brunel Uni, couldnt
get a job so Im now studying
_deep breeth_
Advanced dream weaver, flash,fireworks photoshop, visual basic, websight
design. creative photoshop,networking, PC maintenace and repair, and quark
express.
_gasp_
My exams are around Middle of June and oh yes I'm standing for District and
County elections on the 7th June
My wife is doing her first year exams for her MBA in two weeks and we are
going insane.

Mike

Ian Mitchell

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 11:43:0811.04.01
uz
I've got exams in a couple of weeks, but loads of coursework to do at the
mo, hence why I've been quiet for some time...

I'm also trying to get some work sorted out for the summer, I'm really
looking forward to earning some cash again and using my time to its' full
extent, as a student has anyone noticed how empty timetables can be, I mean
17 hour weeks over 2 x 12 week semesters, so much wasted time...

Well, need to get back to some work... later folks...

Tony Gowland

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 11:54:3111.04.01
uz
> extent, as a student has anyone noticed how empty timetables can be, I mean
> 17 hour weeks over 2 x 12 week semesters, so much wasted time...

You do realise that the rest of the time you'er meant to be going over
recommended reading, and back over lecture material, don't you? We were
recommended to spend two hours of private study for every hour of lecture.

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 13:02:2811.04.01

> > extent, as a student has anyone noticed how empty timetables can be, I
mean
> > 17 hour weeks over 2 x 12 week semesters, so much wasted time...
>
> You do realise that the rest of the time you'er meant to be going over
> recommended reading, and back over lecture material, don't you? We were
> recommended to spend two hours of private study for every hour of lecture.

I think this says it all.......

To the tune of "Park Life" by Blur....

*ARTS LIFE*
Laziness is a preference to the habitual voyeur of what is known as
ARTSLIFE!
A morning lecture can be avoided if you take the route straight through what
is known as
ARTSLIFE!
John's got too little work, he gets intimidated by the dirty York Computing
students, they love a bit of it!
ARTSLIFE!
Who's that idiot working, you should cut down on your science life mate, get
back to bed!

Allllllllll my lectures
My two-oo lectures
I some-times go to them
Go to them in my
ARTSLIFE!

Know what I mean?

I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the
cleaner
ARTSLIFE!
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea, and I think about leaving the bed
ARTSLIFE!
I play pool, I sometimes play Daytona too, it gives me an enormous sense of
having done something
ARTSLIFE!
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge that there
will always be another grant cheque devoted to me ...

Alllllllll my lectures
My two-oo lectures
I some-times go to them
Go to them in my
ARTSLIFE!

Its got nothing to do with your 9 o'clock lectures you know
And its not about your lecturers who go on and on and on and on.....

Alllllllll my lectures
My two-oo lectures
I some-times go to them
Go to them in my
ARTSLIFE!

Mike

Ben 'Lurker' Hall

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 13:11:0111.04.01
uz

mikegibson wrote in message ...

> My exams are around Middle of June and oh yes I'm standing for District
and
>County elections on the 7th June

What party are you standing for? Studying Politics is very interesting and
im also a fully signed up member of a certain party (Labour, im not ashamed,
honest) which makes things...Interesting. Which constituency are you in, im
down in Kent. How is F&M in your area, down here its all but non existent I
have no idea what all the moaning about it is about. Bloody farmers.

Ben

BTW Sorry if this post offended anyone, but there ya go.

Claire Dikecoglu

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 13:46:4211.04.01
uz

"natalie" <nat...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> yes, it's random OT topic time from me.
> i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*

Arrgghh...already?? Poor love, I still have time. Not much...but some.

> and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
> who are the fellow students, and who has exams?
> and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.

Well currently buckling under the pressure of a dissertation, essay,
presentation and exam to do by 6th June. Help! I have been a regular at
the library for weeks and I'm not even going home for easter break because
of my newfound relationship with the library. I can't cope. I also feel
that I should be looking for a career-type job but every monday when I look
through the Guardian I just get depressed. Have you seen how low some
starting salaries are in London? I'm going to be in a cardboard box.

That pretty much represents my current state of mind.

Claire

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 13:52:0511.04.01
uz
> What party are you standing for? Studying Politics is very interesting and
> im also a fully signed up member of a certain party (Labour, im not
ashamed,
> honest) which makes things...Interesting. Which constituency are you in,
im
> down in Kent. How is F&M in your area, down here its all but non existent
> have no idea what all the moaning about it is about. Bloody farmers.
>
> Ben
>
> BTW Sorry if this post offended anyone, but there ya go.

I was a councillor for London borough of Hillingdon and took the oportunity
to study Politics and Modern History at Brunel Uni (I havn't run into Jono
but I still go back for Amatuer dramatic and karioke) as Brunel was in my
ward.
The government society was made of labour and conservative students and we
all got on pretty well. (mainly because we would get drunk talking politics
in the bar and then people would get off with each other)
My nick name was OTB Official Tory Ba***rd when I had my thirtieth birthday
they changed it to Old Tory Ba***rd
Studying politics is very interesting IMHO as well but it is always good to
keep an open mind.

I hope I don't offend any one either but I think Ben and I are allowed to
voice our political persuasions
If we start arguing we can always take it to email .

Mike

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 14:14:3211.04.01
uz
Arrgghh...already?? Poor love, I still have time. Not much...but some.

> > and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
> > who are the fellow students, and who has exams?
> > and if you're not a student, just tell us anyway.
>
> Well currently buckling under the pressure of a dissertation, essay,
> presentation and exam to do by 6th June. Help! I have been a regular at
> the library for weeks and I'm not even going home for easter break because
> of my newfound relationship with the library. I can't cope. I also feel
> that I should be looking for a career-type job but every monday when I
look
> through the Guardian I just get depressed. Have you seen how low some
> starting salaries are in London? I'm going to be in a cardboard box.
>
> That pretty much represents my current state of mind.
>
> Claire

What are you studying?

Mike

The Dude

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 15:06:2511.04.01
uz
"natalie" <nat...@nospam.com> wrote in message

It's kinda crunch time for me, I'm in training at the Hydrographics Office
in Taunton to be a Mapping and Charting Officer. It's week 13 of 17 in
quite a condensed course, it used to be 6 months long without computer
training which I'm currently doing. There's no final test as such, but it's
a scary prospect that in four weeks time I'll updating Charts and stuff!!

Peace
Dave

Greg Townsend

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 17:34:2911.04.01
uz
In article <gWMA6.3044$FD1.3...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes
It at times like these I am thankful I am doing a modular degree. Lots
of little exam-lets and a dissertation at the end.

So that means my pain is spread over years not months.....?

Hmmmmm not so good :-(
--
Greg
================================
Then it's news at neutron.org.uk
I hate that spam
================================

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 17:51:1311.04.01
uz

"Greg Townsend" <nos...@neutron.org.uk> wrote in message

> In article <gWMA6.3044$FD1.3...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes

> It at times like these I am thankful I am doing a modular degree. Lots
> of little exam-lets and a dissertation at the end.

that sounds better than saving everything up for two years and then 'wham!',
everything is examined all at once.

but then when you phrase it that way, that doesn't seem too good :-)

> Hmmmmm not so good :-(

the basic gist of this thread is study/exams = pain!
i enjoy learning but this whole exam thing just bites.

natalie

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 17:58:0011.04.01
uz
"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > i'm not able to post so much since my finals start in a week - *gulp*
>
> Eek. Good luck!

ta muchly :-)

> > and so i got to wondering, what is everybody up to at the moment?
>
> Revision, in theory. Actually, I did a reasonable amount of work today.
> Feeling very virtuous.

and i had a bad day...but i had visitors and had to be hospitable. plus my
mum brought me lots of chocolate - woo hoo!

> > who are the fellow students, and who has exams?
>
> First week of June, mine are...

here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
formal, that it just makes me laugh.

> > it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress :-)
>
> :-(

yes but tonight i have chocolate, so we have a :-).
tomorrow, otoh......

> It's the overachievers who are scariest. The ones who seem to be in the
> library 24/7. The ones who tell you that no, you shouldn't read those
> references because they're the ones the lecturer gave you and they're too
> obvious...

i hate those people. it is of course hate borne from envy.

> > thinking we've been on-topic for a while now so is taking liberties.
>
> And why not.

just you wait until i'm done, then it'll be celebration time. well quiet
celebration since i tend to breakdown from all the stress [1] but watch out
for major posting sprees. i'll be back in business.

natalie
[1] you'd expect relief but then all the tension that's been building up
lands on me, and i get ill. but still no exams so i don't mind too much.
i'll put my feet up and watch the tennis :-) [2]
[2] that sounds soooo good right now.

Greg Townsend

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 18:26:1911.04.01
uz
In article <Pj4B6.4756$Ow3.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes
On reflection taking 24 modules with exams for each is a better option
than building up to one heinous exam at the end.

And I actually love the subject I am taking (Business Information
Management)

Now this could be considered to be sick and twisted, but I just love
those Database Management Systems etc. sigh

QrizB

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 18:31:5711.04.01
uz
> it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress
:-)

Me? I got over the stress of finals back in 1991.

This year, it's the stress of getting married to the woman I love (10
days time and counting ...)

--
QrizB

"It's such a fine line between stupid and ... and clever"

Helen H

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 18:38:2111.04.01
uz
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:58:00 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

<lots snipped>

>just you wait until i'm done, then it'll be celebration time. well quiet
>celebration since i tend to breakdown from all the stress [1] but watch out
>for major posting sprees. i'll be back in business.
>
>natalie

I remember that phase sooooo well. My abiding memory of the
post-finals euphoria was standing in a friends' living room and
watching myself smash a bottle of milk across their newly laid,
polished floor boards. I knew that my hand, somehow, should hold onto
the bottle .... but my brain had disconnected from the rest of my
body. I've always been able to identify with the Buffy state of mind
at the end of Graduation Day. Where Giles goes into his synchronicity
blurb and Buffy just looks at him and says "Fire bad, Tree pretty". In
my case I just looked and said something profound like "Oo .... milk
on floor, bottle dead". They gently but firmly put me into a taxi and
sent me back to my flat ...... I remember nothing after that for about
3 days.

Good luck ...... and remember - if you're stuck just ponder on the
power of positive thought. Lots of folks around here will be thinking
of you and wishing you well!

Helen

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 18:38:1911.04.01

> In article <Pj4B6.4756$Ow3.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes
> >

> On reflection taking 24 modules with exams for each is a better option

> than building up to one heinous exam at the end.

yes it is, but i had no option in this matter sadly.

> And I actually love the subject I am taking (Business Information
> Management)
>
> Now this could be considered to be sick and twisted, but I just love
> those Database Management Systems etc. sigh

you know what i really loved? i studied philosophy for two years and i
adored logic. this comes under the sick and twisted heading i think :-)

natalie

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 18:53:3511.04.01
uz

"Helen H" <hel...@easynet.co.uk> wrote in message

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:58:00 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> <lots snipped>
> >just you wait until i'm done, then it'll be celebration time. well quiet
> >celebration since i tend to breakdown from all the stress [1] but watch
out
> >for major posting sprees. i'll be back in business.
> >
> >natalie
>
> I remember that phase sooooo well. My abiding memory of the
> post-finals euphoria was standing in a friends' living room and
> watching myself smash a bottle of milk across their newly laid,
> polished floor boards. I knew that my hand, somehow, should hold onto
> the bottle .... but my brain had disconnected from the rest of my
> body. I've always been able to identify with the Buffy state of mind
> at the end of Graduation Day. Where Giles goes into his synchronicity
> blurb and Buffy just looks at him and says "Fire bad, Tree pretty". In
> my case I just looked and said something profound like "Oo .... milk
> on floor, bottle dead". They gently but firmly put me into a taxi and
> sent me back to my flat ...... I remember nothing after that for about
> 3 days.

that's eerily similar to my state of mind following my last of exams - i was
spaced out, falling down stairs due to complete lack of co-ordination and
chronic migraine girl. it was strange, like my body knew i couldn't take it
before the exams and had saved it up until i was done.
so yeah expect lots of posts saying 'fire bad, tree pretty'!
but thanks for saying that helen, appreciate it :-)

> Good luck ...... and remember - if you're stuck just ponder on the
> power of positive thought. Lots of folks around here will be thinking
> of you and wishing you well!

awww, that's sweet. i'll be around a little, but i can't get involved in
big discussion threads because my brain is refusing to function in an
'angel' manner.
so i'll say this here, niall i loved your review but my brain has not the
capacity to respond!
but yeah, who's going to maintain the appropriate quota of wesley/gunn
mentions per week while my exams are on?!

natalie
who wants her posting power back

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 19:17:2111.04.01
uz

QrizB <Qr...@dev.nul> wrote in message

> > it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress
> :-)
>

> Me? I got over the stress of finals back in 1991.
>
> This year, it's the stress of getting married to the woman I love (10
> days time and counting ...)
>
> --
> QrizB

Congratulations, Long life and happiness to both of you.

Mike

(I got married the year of my Finals, so I should get over the stress in a
bout four years, Stress Bunny or what)

Greg Townsend

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 19:30:3511.04.01
uz
In article <Y%4B6.4894$Ow3.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes

logic??

I'll admit you have me beat :-)

Richard Gadsden

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 20:11:0011.04.01
uz
In article <aq4B6.4781$Ow3.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com> on Wed,
11 Apr 2001 22:58:00 +0100, nat...@nospam.com (natalie) wrote:

> here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
> giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
> formal, that it just makes me laugh.

Just remember Buffy & co in maroon and the Mayor's speech and then don't
blow the place up by mistake.

OK?

--
Richard Gadsden
"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 20:37:0711.04.01
uz

"Richard Gadsden" <richard...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <aq4B6.4781$Ow3.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com> on Wed,
> 11 Apr 2001 22:58:00 +0100, nat...@nospam.com (natalie) wrote:
>
> > here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
> > giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
> > formal, that it just makes me laugh.
>
> Just remember Buffy & co in maroon and the Mayor's speech and then don't
> blow the place up by mistake.
>
> OK?

i shall be most upset if the ceremony is interrupted by a dodgy CGI snake!

natalie

Ben 'Lurker' Hall

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 21:21:0111.04.01
uz
Its cool to meet some one into politics on the same level as me (OK your
more accomplished), in my A Level class im the ONLY Labour supporter so I
always have to fight of the opposition from my solitary corner. It sure is
cool because of the debates we get going, a whole lecture can get side
tracked which pisses of the teach pretty bad. My political interest was
probably passed down to me through my parents, my mother being the leader of
the county Labour party and all (not gloating, trust me it isn't something
you gloat about), its total stress at home at the mo, but that's all the fun
of politics for ya.

Ben

Come the revolution, I shall rule the world!

Ben 'Lurker' Hall

nelasīta,
2001. gada 11. apr. 21:27:2511.04.01
uz
Marriage eh? Well good luck and all the rest. Being only 17 that's something
I shouldn't have to think about for some time to come yet, but even now it
sounds daunting.

Ben

Tony Gowland

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 04:29:3412.04.01
uz
> I think this says it all.......
>
> To the tune of "Park Life" by Blur....

<snip Arts Life parody>

You read Nouse, then? Only, I used to write for them last year, and have a
feelign that Arts Life thing was written by the guy who was my Innuendo
editor.

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 04:33:0912.04.01
uz
. My political interest was
> probably passed down to me through my parents, my mother being the leader
of
> the county Labour party and all (not gloating, trust me it isn't something
> you gloat about), its total stress at home at the mo, but that's all the
fun
> of politics for ya.
>
> Ben
My Parents have always been conservative, My stepfather was leader of
Westminster City Council in the Sixties, and Lord Mayor. My mother has just
started getting activly involved standing in my old seat when I moved away
and she's about to become deputy Mayor and she has asked me to be her
escort!, However a mate of mine has vegan non-smoking communist parents, and
he is one of the most right wing conservatives I know.
It takes all sorts..........

Mike

mikegibson

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 04:41:3312.04.01
uz
> > To the tune of "Park Life" by Blur....
>
> <snip Arts Life parody>
>
> You read Nouse, then? Only, I used to write for them last year, and have a
> feelign that Arts Life thing was written by the guy who was my Innuendo
> editor.
>
> --
> Tony Gowland
It was doing the rounds on email at University a few years back and I was
doing a social sciences degree.It just seemed so appropriate.
I remembered it and did a quick search on the net and I found in a student
e-mag from Egham I think.

Whats Nouse?

Mike

Tony Gowland

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 04:59:0912.04.01
uz
> It was doing the rounds on email at University a few years back and I was
> doing a social sciences degree.It just seemed so appropriate.
> I remembered it and did a quick search on the net and I found in a student
> e-mag from Egham I think.

Ah right.

> Whats Nouse?

One of the University of York student papers. With a comedy section called
Innuendo, which is where that Arts Life thing started (hence the references to
York in it). Also available in the same series: A Common People thing, and a
shit-load more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 17:56:2012.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
> giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
> formal, that it just makes me laugh.

Speaking as someone who has to wear a suit, a white bow-tie and a
commoner's gown for exams, that doesn't seem so bad...[1]

>> > it's exam stress for me. horrific paralysing final year exam stress :-)
>>
>> :-(
>
> yes but tonight i have chocolate, so we have a :-).

"Money cures everything except boredom. And food cures boredom, so..."
:-)

Niall

[1] I also have to have a mortar-board style hat, but we can carry that
and use it as a pencil case.

--
--------------
(01865) 286716

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 18:05:2312.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Greg Townsend" <nos...@neutron.org.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <gWMA6.3044$FD1.3...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> writes
>>
>> It at times like these I am thankful I am doing a modular degree. Lots
>> of little exam-lets and a dissertation at the end.
>
> that sounds better than saving everything up for two years and then 'wham!',
> everything is examined all at once.

Better for getting a degree, probably. Arguably not as good as actually
making you learn things.

Niall

--
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon.

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 18:06:5012.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> you know what i really loved? i studied philosophy for two years and i
> adored logic.

Musn't...make...comment... ;-)

Niall

--
Seems like there's a hole in my dreams.

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 18:08:0412.04.01
uz

I'm 20. I know people a year older than me getting married this summer.
Eek. [1]

Niall

[1] I'll be 21 by the time it actually happens, but that doesn't make it
any less scary...

--
Immerse your soul in love.

Bert The Turtle

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 18:13:1012.04.01
uz
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:56:20 +0000 (UTC), Niall Harrison
<s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> sang of their undying love for toast and
then spake thusly:

>natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
>> giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
>> formal, that it just makes me laugh.
>
>Speaking as someone who has to wear a suit, a white bow-tie and a
>commoner's gown for exams, that doesn't seem so bad...[1]

<snip>

>[1] I also have to have a mortar-board style hat, but we can carry that
>and use it as a pencil case.

Ah, yes, but you're not allowed to wear it until post-graduation, are
you? I thought those blokes in bowlers fined you otherwise.

Or maybe I've been had... [1]

Tim

[1] Though sadly not in the way you might think [2]
[2] Shutting up now.

----
"All those with psychokinesis raise my hand"

http://www.ordifica.com/

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 18:42:5512.04.01
uz
Bert The Turtle <even...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:56:20 +0000 (UTC), Niall Harrison
> <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> sang of their undying love for toast and
> then spake thusly:
>
>>natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
>>> giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
>>> formal, that it just makes me laugh.
>>
>>Speaking as someone who has to wear a suit, a white bow-tie and a
>>commoner's gown for exams, that doesn't seem so bad...[1]
>
> <snip>
>
>>[1] I also have to have a mortar-board style hat, but we can carry that
>>and use it as a pencil case.
>
> Ah, yes, but you're not allowed to wear it until post-graduation, are
> you?

Such a shame, that...

> I thought those blokes in bowlers fined you otherwise.

That, or lock you in the dungeons under university square.

Niall

--
Does it take the fireworks to make you look in wonder?

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:07:3512.04.01

> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
> > "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
> > giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
> > formal, that it just makes me laugh.
>
> Speaking as someone who has to wear a suit, a white bow-tie and a
> commoner's gown for exams, that doesn't seem so bad...[1]

oh that's been done away with here thankfully. that would make exam trauma
that much worse to take, though i'm sure the gown would be handy in the cold
exam halls.

natalie

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:14:3812.04.01

> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > you know what i really loved? i studied philosophy for two years and i
> > adored logic.
>
> Musn't...make...comment... ;-)

oh go on...

natalie

Bert The Turtle

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:20:1912.04.01
uz
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:14:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>

sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:

Even *I* know that some things are too easy to comment on ;-)

Tim

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:22:5612.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

No, I wouldn't want to risk upsetting you in your current delicate mental
state. :-)

Niall

--
Can music save your mortal soul?

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:22:1812.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> > "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> > here's a funny thing - i've got my graduation info through and i was
>> > giggling at me in a gown and purple hood. the whole thing seems so damn
>> > formal, that it just makes me laugh.
>>
>> Speaking as someone who has to wear a suit, a white bow-tie and a
>> commoner's gown for exams, that doesn't seem so bad...[1]
>
> oh that's been done away with here thankfully. that would make exam trauma
> that much worse to take, though i'm sure the gown would be handy in the cold
> exam halls.

Possibly. Not so handy with exams in june, though...although you can
undress somewhat when you're in the exam hall.

Niall

--
No more worries and doubt, the good will come out.

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:24:3612.04.01
uz

"Bert The Turtle" <even...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:14:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:
>

> >"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

> >> Musn't...make...comment... ;-)
> >
> >oh go on...
>
> Even *I* know that some things are too easy to comment on ;-)

yeah, you both say that but neither have you have made a constructive
comment have you?!
:-P

natalie
thinking they're both all talk

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:31:1912.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

>> Possibly. Not so handy with exams in june, though...although you can
>> undress somewhat when you're in the exam hall.
>

> yeah, shirk those pyjamas.....

Quite.

niall

--
Eternal pyjama boy.

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:26:2912.04.01
uz

"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

yeah, shirk those pyjamas.....

natalie
:-)

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:27:1412.04.01
uz

"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

that's actually very wise. i'll accept this as your reply if you are not
just trying to dodge thinking of something to say :-)

natalie

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:34:5912.04.01
uz

"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

not even a smile? boo!

> niall

ha! the attack of the lower case letters - i have worn you down.

natalie
glad she made clearly labelled this thread OT

Bert The Turtle

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:42:2012.04.01
uz
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:24:36 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>

sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:

>"Bert The Turtle" <even...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:14:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
>> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:
>>

>> >"Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

>> >oh go on...
>>
>> Even *I* know that some things are too easy to comment on ;-)
>
>yeah, you both say that but neither have you have made a constructive
>comment have you?!
>:-P
>
>natalie
>thinking they're both all talk

That's just typical men though, isn't it?

Tim
aware that he's sounding very camp, and rather concerned about the
image he may be cultivating...

Ian Mitchell

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:38:4712.04.01
uz
> > 17 hour weeks over 2 x 12 week semesters, so much wasted time...
>
> You do realise that the rest of the time you'er meant to be going over
> recommended reading, and back over lecture material, don't you? We were
> recommended to spend two hours of private study for every hour of lecture.

Oh, I do private study Tony, but it's still a weak academic year. I think,
sorry - I hope that the weak timetable factor is mainly attributed to the
whole FIRST YEAR thing (apparently 2nd year is a bit more of a bitch). You
must admit that an academic year that spans six months (give or take) at uni
and the rest of the time off in the summer (or whenever) is wasting much
time, no-one (with the exception of your super-brainy students) will use
their time to its full potential... am I wrong?

Maybe I'm just cynical because last year I worked full time and was only
given 25 days a year for holiday...

Bert The Turtle

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:54:4012.04.01
uz
For what it's worth, I've spent a couple of weeks working in a
solicitors' firm to get some work experience, and then I've been
revising for my EC competition and land law exams which are at the end
of next week. This, in itself, probably doesn't sound that bad, but
there are technical difficulties with revising something that you
didn't... vise... in the first place.

Plus redesigning my college's website. Plus sorting out a career. Plus
recovering my computer from the sudden and frankly rather bizarre
disappearance of the disply drivers from my hard drive, and it's been
a rather eventful week.

In case anyone's interested, there is usually a period between about
twenty past five and half-past five when I sometimes get about five to
ten minutes to myself :)

Tim.
feeling stressed 'cos he hasn't packed up his life to go to uni yet,
even though he's going in one day...

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:50:3812.04.01

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:24:36 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:
>

> >"Bert The Turtle" <even...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:14:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
> >> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:

> >> Even *I* know that some things are too easy to comment on ;-)
> >
> >yeah, you both say that but neither have you have made a constructive
> >comment have you?!
> >:-P
> >
> >natalie
> >thinking they're both all talk
>
> That's just typical men though, isn't it?

indeed

> Tim
> aware that he's sounding very camp, and rather concerned about the
> image he may be cultivating...

isn't it a bit late to *now* be thinking of your reputation in this group?!
:-)

natalie
and if you're still online, get on to IRC at #theHellmouth-spoilers.

Bert The Turtle

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 19:57:0212.04.01
uz
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:50:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>

sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:

<snip>

>> Tim
>> aware that he's sounding very camp, and rather concerned about the
>> image he may be cultivating...
>
>isn't it a bit late to *now* be thinking of your reputation in this group?!
>:-)

Ah. Good point. :-p

>natalie
>and if you're still online, get on to IRC at #theHellmouth-spoilers.

Nngh. Roll on LAN card, that's what I say...

Tim

natalie

nelasīta,
2001. gada 12. apr. 20:02:0012.04.01

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:50:38 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> Tim
> >> aware that he's sounding very camp, and rather concerned about the
> >> image he may be cultivating...
> >
> >isn't it a bit late to *now* be thinking of your reputation in this
group?!
> >:-)
>
> Ah. Good point. :-p

twas a mere joke....you're held in very high regard.

natalie

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 13. apr. 15:43:5413.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Niall Harrison" <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

>> natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>> > yeah, shirk those pyjamas.....
>>
>> Quite.
>
> not even a smile? boo!

Oh alright, then, just for you:

:-)

Happy now?

>> niall
>
> ha! the attack of the lower case letters - i have worn you down.

Goddamn memes. :-)

> glad she made clearly labelled this thread OT

Looking more and more like a wise move all the time...

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 13. apr. 15:46:2513.04.01
uz
Ian Mitchell <ian.mit...@virgin.net@nospam> wrote:
>> > 17 hour weeks over 2 x 12 week semesters, so much wasted time...
>>
>> You do realise that the rest of the time you'er meant to be going over
>> recommended reading, and back over lecture material, don't you? We were
>> recommended to spend two hours of private study for every hour of lecture.
>
> Oh, I do private study Tony, but it's still a weak academic year. I think,
> sorry - I hope that the weak timetable factor is mainly attributed to the
> whole FIRST YEAR thing (apparently 2nd year is a bit more of a bitch).

Yes, things generally do get tougher as you go on. It also depends
whether you're doing a science subject or an arts subject - the former
have more timetable work, although arguably the same amount of work
overall [1] - and, to a lesser extent, what university you're at. Having
said that...

> You must admit that an academic year that spans six months (give or
> take) at uni and the rest of the time off in the summer (or whenever) is
> wasting much time,

...It's rather odd to hear a student voicing this opinion! :-)

Niall

--
When he lunged onto the hood she stopped to tell him she'd been wrong
- he was thrown head over heels into the traffic coming on.

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 13. apr. 15:47:3713.04.01
uz
natalie <nat...@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Bert The Turtle" <even...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:24:36 +0100, "natalie" <nat...@nospam.com>
>> sang of their undying love for toast and then spake thusly:
>>

>> >natalie
>> >thinking they're both all talk
>>
>> That's just typical men though, isn't it?
>
> indeed

Ay! I'm not *all* talk, I'll have you know. Just 90% or so. :-)

Niall

--
Go Bug Jack Barron!

Niall Harrison

nelasīta,
2001. gada 13. apr. 15:48:2513.04.01
uz
Bert The Turtle <even...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Plus redesigning my college's website.

With a photo of you? :-P

Niall

Liza Baron

nelasīta,
2001. gada 13. apr. 17:33:2513.04.01
uz
"Ben 'Lurker' Hall" <ha...@babylonstarwars.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

im
> down in Kent. How is F&M in your area, down here its all but non existent
> have no idea what all the moaning about it is about. Bloody farmers.
>
> Ben
>
> BTW Sorry if this post offended anyone, but there ya go.

Yup, for the record it did but as you said, there ya go
---
Liza - some of my best friends own farms

joake...@gmail.com

nelasīta,
2013. gada 7. sept. 00:10:5507.09.13
uz

joake...@gmail.com

nelasīta,
2013. gada 7. sept. 00:11:4207.09.13
uz
Guess what? I found a site that's giving Minecraft codes away for free! freeminecraft.cc
0 jauni ziņojumi