King Street Junior

Peter

Jul 15, 2021, 7:45:03 AM7/15/21
Forsythe or Forsyth?
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Peter

Jul 15, 2021, 1:29:29 PM7/15/21
Peter wrote:
> Forsythe or Forsyth?

Some explanation might be called for. The web page
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kk7pr
has both 'Forsyth' and 'Forsythe'. I think the first is correct.

Nick Odell

Jul 23, 2021, 5:52:55 AM7/23/21
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:45:00 +0100, Peter <peterxp...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Forsythe or Forsyth?

And is it Brigit as per summary or Brigitte as in the cast list?

Oh, if only we had some sort of Generally Omnipresent Ordinator
Gathering Linked Enquiries, we might interrogate it on the subject.

Nick

Peter

Jul 23, 2021, 6:38:34 AM7/23/21
'tis my belief that she's properly Brigit Forsyth. Whenever I hear her
on the wireless I'm reminded of Thelma in the Likely Lads.

Nick Odell

Jul 23, 2021, 11:28:44 AM7/23/21
On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:38:32 +0100, Peter <peterxp...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:45:00 +0100, Peter <peterxp...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Forsythe or Forsyth?
>>
>> And is it Brigit as per summary or Brigitte as in the cast list?
>>
>> Oh, if only we had some sort of Generally Omnipresent Ordinator
>> Gathering Linked Enquiries, we might interrogate it on the subject.
>>
>> Nick
>>

>'tis my belief that she's properly Brigit Forsyth. Whenever I hear her
>on the wireless I'm reminded of Thelma in the Likely Lads.

I think you are right.

An investigation courtesy of the Generally Omnipresent Ordinator
which Gathers Linked Enquiries for Brigit Forsyth turns up the lady
from The Likely Lads and an investigation down the same route for
Brigitte Forsythe redirects to Brigit Forsyth.

Nick