Two big wooden men carrying a ladder

1 view

Peter

Jul 7, 2021, 2:20:00 PM7/7/21
"Two big wooden men carrying a ladder", or something like that. What
does it mean?
[Hancock, 8, 12, 19 o'clock today.]
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Richmond

Jul 7, 2021, 7:09:21 PM7/7/21
Peter <peterxp...@hotmail.com> writes:

> "Two big wooden men carrying a ladder", or something like that. What
> does it mean?
> [Hancock, 8, 12, 19 o'clock today.]

"As for the “two big wooden men carrying a ladder” quote from ‘TheRail
Strike’ we have no lesser authority than Ray and Alan’s agentTessa
LeBars to thank for her answer of: “this is a reference to
anadvertisement at side of railways, usually in fields, in which
twoenormous wooden figures were carrying ladders, probablyadvertising
paint”
"

https://www.tonyhancock.org.uk/uploads/docs/The%20Missing%20Page/Vol%207%20-%20No%201.PDF

Peter