Agatha Raisin "I thought I'd crash with you for a few days"

Peter

Aug 11, 2021, 9:00:47 AM8/11/21
Would Agatha Raisin say "I thought I'd crash with you for a few days"?
[AG, 13:30, etc, today, R4Ex.]
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Nick Odell

Aug 11, 2021, 6:47:55 PM8/11/21
On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 14:00:42 +0100, Peter <peterxp...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Would Agatha Raisin say "I thought I'd crash with you for a few days"?
>[AG, 13:30, etc, today, R4Ex.]

That's a very good question.
(Everybody on the radio these days seems to preface their answers with
"thats a very good question" so why shouldn't I?)

The radio production has, for me, the atmosphere of a classic
between-the-wars amateur detective story so I have to keep reminding
myself that the first of the AR series is set in the early 90s and
subsequent ones are set even later. AR is about fifty years old when
the stories begin so she would have been fairly young when this sort
of phrase became commonplace. It's worth remembering too that
according to the books she doesn't come from quite the upper class
background that she perhaps aspires to. There's a Wikipedia entry on
AR - it's easily searchable.

Nick

Peter

Aug 12, 2021, 9:09:19 AM8/12/21