Short Cuts[1] Covid Media, Stubbs Cars and Annika McStranded

1 view

Nick Odell

Aug 18, 2021, 1:46:28 PM8/18/21
[1] My short cuts - not the radio programme of the same name

In a discussion about social media influencers and how they get paid
on The Media Show this afternoon, one contributor remarked WTTEO
"Covid has given people the opportunity to go viral." You couldn't
make it up, could you?

Does anybody know whether the Una Stubbs episode of Women Talking
About Cars" had been previously planned or whether it had been a last
minute schedule change by way of a tribute?

And I see that Radio 4 favourite (well, a favourite of mine) Annika
Stranded has moved: both to TV and to Scotland. I suppose that means
we can't expect any new radio series to be made. Shame.

Nick

Iain Archer

Aug 18, 2021, 4:05:33 PM8/18/21
Nick Odell <gurzhfvp...@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote on Wed, 18 Aug
2021 at 18:46:26:
>Does anybody know whether the Una Stubbs episode of Women Talking About
>Cars" had been previously planned or whether it had been a last minute
>schedule change by way of a tribute?

It was definitely introduced as a schedule change, though I don't
remember the specific wordage, other than that it referred to her
recently dying. That's enough for me; the sentiment is implicit.. It
was very welcome.
--
Iain

Nick Odell

Aug 18, 2021, 4:57:14 PM8/18/21
On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:04:11 +0100, Iain Archer <iane...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Yes indeed. She always seemed to be a genuine and nice person and the
attempted explanation for her relentless cheerfulness made me more
than a little sad. She died too late for Last Word last week so I
expect she will be mentioned this Friday - though at time of writing,
no subjects are showing on the LW webpage.

Nick