Ruth is not alone

Vicky

Nov 24, 2022, 11:50:19 AM11/24/22
I'm watching an episode of This Farming Life and this features 2
brothers farming 20 miles apart. They've got together with all the
children for supper and they're not having a hearty home-made soup or
stew. They're having pizza :) .

Mike Headon

Nov 26, 2022, 5:59:41 AM11/26/22
In a certain soap opera we watch, pizza appears to form 95% of the diet!
--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R

Linda Fox

Nov 27, 2022, 2:39:12 AM11/27/22
Mike Headon <po...@YCKMHWA.com> wrote:
> On 24/11/2022 16:50, Vicky wrote:
>> I'm watching an episode of This Farming Life and this features 2
>> brothers farming 20 miles apart. They've got together with all the
>> children for supper and they're not having a hearty home-made soup or
>> stew. They're having pizza :) .
>>
> In a certain soap opera we watch, pizza appears to form 95% of the diet!

IRTA of course as soup opera. Any suggestions?

--
Linda ff

Mike McMillan

Nov 27, 2022, 3:35:30 AM11/27/22
Spagetti Rings Cycle.

And for main course:

The Barber of Saveloy.

if we can include puddings as well:

The Chairman Dances on the skin of a rice pudding.

The Nutcracker *Ouch* Sweet.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Sid Nuncius

Nov 27, 2022, 5:26:47 AM11/27/22
Oxtails Of Hoffmann
Ladle Macbroth Of Mtsensk
The Tureen Of The Screw

--
Sid

Jenny M Benson

Nov 27, 2022, 6:20:21 AM11/27/22
On 27/11/2022 08:35, Mike McMillan wrote:
> The Nutcracker*Ouch* Sweet.

Oh, you had to rub it in, didn't you.

Last night I bit into a Rington's Chocolate Brazil Nut Biscuit - which
is the most GORGEOUS creation ever dreamed of - and broke my denture.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Mike McMillan

Nov 27, 2022, 6:36:33 AM11/27/22
Jenny M Benson <Nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27/11/2022 08:35, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> The Nutcracker*Ouch* Sweet.
>
> Oh, you had to rub it in, didn't you.
>
> Last night I bit into a Rington's Chocolate Brazil Nut Biscuit - which
> is the most GORGEOUS creation ever dreamed of - and broke my denture.

Oh Dear! The worst form of Teething Troubles then?

John Ashby

Nov 27, 2022, 6:40:21 AM11/27/22
What was sliced bread the best thing since?

john

Jenny M Benson

Nov 27, 2022, 8:10:08 AM11/27/22
On 27/11/2022 11:40, John Ashby wrote:

> What was sliced bread the best thing since?

Do you listen to that prog on the rayjo? I find it really interesting
and the recent one on heaters was very useful as I had been wondering if
those little things that look like a glorified plug were any good.
Following the prog I shall definitely not be getting one.

Mike McMillan

Nov 27, 2022, 8:42:22 AM11/27/22
Jenny M Benson <Nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
It is to me, criminal that the advertisers of such products are allowed to
get away with their claims for the plug-in socket sized heaters. A
kilowatt heater running for 1 hour is not going to produce more than a
kilowatt hour of heat on its’ own (unlike a heat pump which extracts heat
by using electricity to run a compressor enabling it to extract heat from
the air and use this to heat a space which may well allow the pump to
produce 3 kilowatts of heat for every kilowatt of electricity consumed to
power the system.

Those small electric heaters usually have a ceramic mass in them which the
electrical element heats up - and it is then blown out of the front grill.
One might argue that not all the energy is given off as heat anyway so they
are probably less efficient than a conventional convector or oil-filled
radiator type heater. I can’t recall the power rating of these devices but
if for arguments sake, I say they are 500 watt/h, it will certainly not
warm up anything much larger than a rabbit hutch in minutes as they seem to
claim!

Jenny M Benson

Nov 27, 2022, 9:31:32 AM11/27/22
On 27/11/2022 13:42, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Those small electric heaters usually have a ceramic mass in them which the
> electrical element heats up - and it is then blown out of the front grill.
> One might argue that not all the energy is given off as heat anyway so they
> are probably less efficient than a conventional convector or oil-filled
> radiator type heater. I can’t recall the power rating of these devices but
> if for arguments sake, I say they are 500 watt/h, it will certainly not
> warm up anything much larger than a rabbit hutch in minutes as they seem to
> claim!

The expert on the prog was favouring an oil-filled radiator versus a
small fan heater or the ceramic plug type. He said the "plug" would
quickly heat a person sitting near it but when the thermostat chipped in
and switched it off the person would really notice the loss of heat and
be tempted to up the thermostat. Better to heat a whole space rather
than have an output directed to a particular area.

Also, he recommended not just switching it off when not in use but
unplugging it and said people should never even leave the room with one
switched on. Also to be careful touching as they get incredibly hot.

Definitely not recommended.

Chris

Nov 27, 2022, 12:37:11 PM11/27/22
Jenny M Benson <Nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Yes we do, Jenny.

Mrs McT

Sid Nuncius

Nov 28, 2022, 2:10:15 AM11/28/22
Humperdinck's Heinzel und Gretel
Campbellini's - Knorrma - the new Covent Garden production, of course
Handel's Rada-Miso
Bizet's The Pearl Barley Fishers
Mussorgsky's Borscht Godunov and The Golden Cock-a-leekie
Mozart's Consommé Fan Tutti

(Oh, come on - give me a break. Opera/soup puns aren't easy, you know.)

John Ashby

Nov 28, 2022, 4:01:40 AM11/28/22
They seem to be coming easily enough to you, Sid.

john

Sid Nuncius

Nov 28, 2022, 4:24:40 AM11/28/22
Well, I'm really struggling with Vichyssoise and Mulligatawny, I must
admit. I thought one might describe Bryn Terfel as a
bouillabaisse-baritone, though, and I can picture enthusiastic audiences
shouting "Bisque! Bisque!" at the end.

IGMC.

Jenny M Benson

Nov 28, 2022, 4:31:18 AM11/28/22
On 28/11/2022 07:10, Sid Nuncius wrote:

> (Oh, come on - give me a break. Opera/soup puns aren't easy, you know.)

But you make it *look* so easy, Sid!

Kate B

Nov 28, 2022, 6:20:31 AM11/28/22
Don't get your coat, dear Sid, sit down again and have a nice bowl of
Ribolletto.

--
Kate B

Mike McMillan

Nov 28, 2022, 9:36:53 AM11/28/22
And you could then enjoy this bowl of Salieri soup with Mozartella cheese
sprinkles.

krw

Nov 28, 2022, 10:03:12 AM11/28/22
How did a llama get in here?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Mike McMillan

Nov 28, 2022, 11:06:41 AM11/28/22
It created one helluva ding-dong at the door until it was allowed ( a loud?
) in.

Joe Kerr

Nov 28, 2022, 3:16:27 PM11/28/22
On 28/11/2022 09:24, Sid Nuncius wrote:
Puccini's La Boheme contains the aria Mulligatawny hand is Frozen,
though Puccini may disagree.

There is probably a Fledermaus Suppe eaten around Wuhan. It would sound
so much more exotic than Biānfú tāng.

--
Ric

Chris

Nov 29, 2022, 4:11:27 AM11/29/22
It escaped from La Snell’s fingers

Mrs McT

Chris

Nov 29, 2022, 4:11:27 AM11/29/22
Keep it up, SidNun!

Mrs McT

BrritSki

Nov 30, 2022, 5:26:38 AM11/30/22
YAMatronAICM5purpletablets

Nick Odell

Dec 7, 2022, 7:31:03 PM12/7/22
ITYM BlueDiamond-shapedTablets

Nick
--
Apologies for the Gillivery.
Apologies if I'm repeating remarks already made in this thread because

BrritSki

Dec 8, 2022, 3:33:39 AM12/8/22
I have no idea what you mean ;)