OT: Foopball

BrritSki

Nov 22, 2022, 12:33:44 PM11/22/22
Argentina, oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Hand of God cut off at the wrist...

Nick Odell

Nov 22, 2022, 2:49:18 PM11/22/22
As you may imagine, that news has gone down like a lead balloon over
here.

I've heard that Saudi Arabia has awarded a public holiday because of
that result: meanwhile in Buenos Aires, the Plaza de Mayo is
supposedly full of angry protestors. Okay, so the Plaza de Mayo is
always full of angry protestors but - protesting over the soccer
score????????

Highjacking this thread is probably the best opportunity I am likely
to get to let you know that I'll be maintaining radio silence on umra
for the next ten days or so. We are leaving tomorrow to go on a trip
to Cordoba, city and province, but whilst I expect that I will
probably be able to read umra while we are away, I won't be taking
anything capable of writing to usenet and I don't expect to be able to
be in touch again until after we get back.

Nick

BrritSki

Nov 22, 2022, 3:14:10 PM11/22/22
On 22/11/2022 19:49, Nick Odell wrote:

> Highjacking this thread is probably the best opportunity I am likely
> to get to let you know that I'll be maintaining radio silence on umra
> for the next ten days or so. We are leaving tomorrow to go on a trip
> to Cordoba

Enjoy !

Chris

Nov 23, 2022, 4:20:23 AM11/23/22
Enjoy! We won’t try to keep the noise down

Mrs McT

Mike McMillan

Nov 23, 2022, 4:52:31 AM11/23/22
Now, this term ‘noise’ - are we referring to a signal to noise ratio? In
any other newsgroup [if there are any still!], subjects relating to the
group’s name would be regarded as ‘signal’ and off-topic matters would
probably be ‘noise’. However …. In UMRA, there is probably a reversal to
this situation which means that any matters relating to TA would be ‘noise’
and ‘signal’ would be all the O/T discussions shirley?

Following this reasoning suggests to me that it would be a very easy matter
to ‘Keep the noise Down’!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Chris

Nov 23, 2022, 6:08:35 PM11/23/22
I forgot Himself is trying to confuss me. :)

Mrs McT

Linda Fox

Nov 27, 2022, 3:41:12 AM11/27/22
Chris <chris.m...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I forgot Himself is trying to confuss me. :)
>
> Mrs McT

Is that an amalgam of confuse and confess? Just imagining someone I knew
with a befuddled brain, "Forgive me father for I have duh duh... is this
where we're sleeping tonight?"

--
Linda ff