Leap Year Hooray!

Sam Plusnet

Feb 9, 2024, 2:08:13 PMFeb 9
I was looking out of the window at the wet, cold, miserable day.
Wofe then mentioned.

"This is a Leap Year."

Wonderful! An extra helping of February is _just_ what we all need.

Why on earth couldn't they stick the extra day into June, or July when
we could all enjoy it?

Ozrats might be happy with the present arrangement, but I'm sure that is
accidental. Why couldn't Julius Caesar have come up with a scheme to
suit the Northern Hemisphere in the first place?

--
Sam Plusnet

Iain Archer

Feb 9, 2024, 2:41:01 PMFeb 9
On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 19:08:09 +0000, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> I was looking out of the window at the wet, cold, miserable day.
> Wofe then mentioned.
>
> "This is a Leap Year."
>
> Wonderful! An extra helping of February is _just_ what we all need.
>
> Why on earth couldn't they stick the extra day into June, or July when
> we could all enjoy it?

It's levelling up. February has been institutionally deprived for many
years all down to unconscious bias and the -archy.

Sam Plusnet

Feb 9, 2024, 8:26:21 PMFeb 9
February is truncated - and rightly so. No sensible Northern Hemisphere
inhabitant would want more of it!

Maybe we should do away with it altogether, and chuck some extra days
into the summer months to compensate.
Should we put up a petition to Parliament? I don't see any point in
'Regaining our Sovereignty' if we can't do something useful with it.

--
Sam Plusnet

Chris

Feb 10, 2024, 4:45:58 AMFeb 10
Snigger

Mrs McT

Vicky

Feb 10, 2024, 5:12:36 AMFeb 10
I only realised yesterday it's a 29er. I've been counting days all
wrong.