Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
Dismiss

UMRA birthday info for 14 November 2023

23 views
Skip to first unread message

Birthday Monitor

unread,
Nov 14, 2023, 2:32:05 AM11/14/23
to
Birthday News for today, 14 November: Daniel Hebden-Lloyd, Wendy Tinley
and Ruairi Donovan.

--
I seem to be the new UBM - mail me for additions/updates/deletions

J. P. Gilliver

unread,
Nov 14, 2023, 6:53:48 PM11/14/23
to
In message <20231114070501....@umra.birthday.bot> at Tue, 14
Nov 2023 07:31:35, Birthday Monitor <ni...@leverton.org> writes
>Birthday News for today, 14 November: Daniel Hebden-Lloyd, Wendy Tinley
>and Ruairi Donovan.
>
When did we last hear of _any_ of those?
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Experience is the comb life gives you after you lose your hair. -Judith Stearn

Chris

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 9:09:08 AM11/16/23
to
J. P. Gilliver <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <20231114070501....@umra.birthday.bot> at Tue, 14
> Nov 2023 07:31:35, Birthday Monitor <ni...@leverton.org> writes
>> Birthday News for today, 14 November: Daniel Hebden-Lloyd, Wendy Tinley
>> and Ruairi Donovan.
>>
> When did we last hear of _any_ of those?

Unless Snappy remembers he has a stepson, not Daniel. Brine has forgotten
Ruairi, even Krait has (thought a horse had bitten out her tongue. Aliss
is too busy schmoozing cross clients to notice.

Wendy Tinley never posted often

Mrs McT

John Ashby

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 9:29:05 AM11/16/23
to
So whose party were the last two at last night?

john

J. P. Gilliver

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 9:35:29 AM11/16/23
to
In message <uj57q0$29tk1$1...@dont-email.me> at Thu, 16 Nov 2023 14:09:05,
Chris <chris.m...@ntlworld.com> writes
Ah, sorry, I'd forgotten (or didn't know) it was Daniel (A), Wendy (U),
and Ruairi (A).

Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
that's hidden until Brine's will.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

so that the vendors can "serve you better". As if you were a tennis ball, I
guess. - Wolf K, in alt.windows7.general, 2014-7-21

Serena Blanchflower

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 9:59:21 AM11/16/23
to
On 14/11/2023 23:51, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <20231114070501....@umra.birthday.bot> at Tue, 14
> Nov 2023 07:31:35, Birthday Monitor <ni...@leverton.org> writes
>> Birthday News for today, 14 November: Daniel Hebden-Lloyd, Wendy Tinley
>> and Ruairi Donovan.
>>
> When did we last hear of _any_ of those?

I think we heard that Daniel visited, just before his mother high-tailed
it to Sunderland. I think he even managed to visit Snappy and Jim,
while he was here.

I think we heard occasional references to Ruairi, since his sugar-mummy
arrangement fell apart. Just enough to know that he's back to standard
student levels of poverty.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. Why was the Egyptian boy confused?
A. Because his daddy was a mummy.

Serena Blanchflower

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 10:01:17 AM11/16/23
to
On 16/11/2023 14:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
> that's hidden until Brine's will.

Yes, he's a non-farming partner, same as Alice. That's why he had Ruth
acting as his representative, until he was 18.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. Which bird always succeeds?
A. A budgie with no teeth.

J. P. Gilliver

unread,
Nov 16, 2023, 11:25:35 AM11/16/23
to
In message <uj5arq$26it5$4...@dont-email.me> at Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:01:14,
Serena Blanchflower <nos...@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>On 16/11/2023 14:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
>>that's hidden until Brine's will.
>
>Yes, he's a non-farming partner, same as Alice. That's why he had Ruth
>acting as his representative, until he was 18.
>
Was there a sigh of relief - or similar - from Ruth when that
responsibility ended? I don't remember hearing such, but may have missed
it.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

The best things in life aren't things. - Bear Grylls (RT 2015/2/14-20)

Chris

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 4:14:13 AM11/17/23
to
Ruiari’s 21st.

Another rubbish plot. Or at least it was a rubbish way to portray
something serious. Krait simply refuses to admit Jakob is a loner and ends
up, usually, making him feel a prat.

Mrs McT

Chris

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 4:14:14 AM11/17/23
to
J. P. Gilliver <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <uj5arq$26it5$4...@dont-email.me> at Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:01:14,
> Serena Blanchflower <nos...@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>> On 16/11/2023 14:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
>>> that's hidden until Brine's will.
>>
>> Yes, he's a non-farming partner, same as Alice. That's why he had Ruth
>> acting as his representative, until he was 18.
>>
> Was there a sigh of relief - or similar - from Ruth when that
> responsibility ended? I don't remember hearing such, but may have missed
> it.

Yes. Think she said as much to Stella not so long ago.

Mrs McT

Serena Blanchflower

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 6:06:09 AM11/17/23
to
On 16/11/2023 16:21, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <uj5arq$26it5$4...@dont-email.me> at Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:01:14,
> Serena Blanchflower <nos...@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>> On 16/11/2023 14:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
>>> that's hidden until Brine's will.
>>
>> Yes, he's a non-farming partner, same as Alice.  That's why he had
>> Ruth acting as his representative, until he was 18.
>>
> Was there a sigh of relief - or similar - from Ruth when that
> responsibility ended? I don't remember hearing such, but may have missed
> it.


I think so, but I can't remember in any detail.

--
Best wishes, Serena
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall
be well. (Julian of Norwich)

Vicky

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 7:17:45 AM11/17/23
to
On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:06:06 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
<nos...@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>On 16/11/2023 16:21, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <uj5arq$26it5$4...@dont-email.me> at Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:01:14,
>> Serena Blanchflower <nos...@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>>> On 16/11/2023 14:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>>> Does R still have any interest (legal I mean) in the farm? I suppose
>>>> that's hidden until Brine's will.
>>>
>>> Yes, he's a non-farming partner, same as Alice.  That's why he had
>>> Ruth acting as his representative, until he was 18.
>>>
>> Was there a sigh of relief - or similar - from Ruth when that
>> responsibility ended? I don't remember hearing such, but may have missed
>> it.
>
>
>I think so, but I can't remember in any detail.

fb thought he could have gone home, changed, and gone back.

Sam Plusnet

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 1:08:13 PM11/17/23
to
On 17-Nov-23 11:06, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

> Best wishes, Serena
> All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall
> be well. (Julian of Norwich)

Just for a millisecond or two, I confused Julian of Norwich with John
Julius Norwich - but then I bet no-one ever saw both of them at the same
time in the same room.

--
Sam Plusnet

Nick Odell

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 4:01:45 PM11/17/23
to
Nah: John Julius Norwich could never have fitted into one of Julian's
frocks.

On a similar track of confusion, and possibly nominative determinism,
after listening to "Profile" on Radio 4 this weekend, I wonder what
Judith and Donald were thinking when they named their son Antony
Blinken?

US Secretary of State......... A Blinken
16th President of the United States Abe Lincoln

Nick

J. P. Gilliver

unread,
Nov 17, 2023, 7:16:55 PM11/17/23
to
In message <nokfli9puderrrtle...@4ax.com> at Fri, 17 Nov
2023 21:01:20, Nick Odell <nicko...@yahoo.ca> writes
[]
>On a similar track of confusion, and possibly nominative determinism,
>after listening to "Profile" on Radio 4 this weekend, I wonder what
>Judith and Donald were thinking when they named their son Antony
>Blinken?
>
>US Secretary of State......... A Blinken
>16th President of the United States Abe Lincoln
>
>Nick

(-:

My favourite recent example was when our local news - I'm not sure why,
I think perhaps there'd been an exceptionally low tide and calm weather,
so it could be closely examined - sent a man to look at the rusting
structure off one of our coastal towns; the man they sent was called
Piers.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

John Ashby

unread,
Nov 18, 2023, 2:30:46 AM11/18/23
to
I remember her on Round Anglia Quiz.

john

Iain Archer

unread,
Nov 18, 2023, 3:41:35 PM11/18/23
to
And didn't she do well!
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages