Access via AIOE

Osprey

Jan 27, 2023, 5:44:23 AM1/27/23
I normally access usent groups via AIOE server ... but it seems dead.
Is it just today, or is it permanent?

John Finlay

Jan 27, 2023, 7:23:26 AM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 10:44, Osprey wrote:
> I normally access usent groups via AIOE server ... but it seems dead.
> Is it just today, or is it permanent?

Me too. I've just moved to another newsgroup provider after 3 days outage

Osprey

Jan 27, 2023, 8:05:53 AM1/27/23
> Me too. I've just moved to another newsgroup provider after 3 days of outage

What other free usenet provider is suitable ? can you advise

Steve Hague

Jan 27, 2023, 8:14:32 AM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 10:44, Osprey wrote:
> I normally access usent groups via AIOE server ... but it seems dead.
> Is it just today, or is it permanent?

I haven't been able to log in via AIOE for a couple of days. I bit the
bullet and paid for news.individual.net, which is working fine.
Steve

Jenny M Benson

Jan 27, 2023, 8:30:50 AM1/27/23
I've been with news.individual.net (commonly known in these parts as
"Berlin") for yonks and don't remember ever having a problem. The cost
of subscription is negligible, even for a very poor person like me.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

John Finlay

Jan 27, 2023, 8:53:16 AM1/27/23
I tried eternal september. Seems to be free after registration.

Steve Hague

Jan 27, 2023, 10:21:22 AM1/27/23
Yes, it's cheap and it works.
Steve

Mike Ruddock

Jan 27, 2023, 10:41:58 AM1/27/23
Agreed. To coin (not) a phrase: AOL

Mike Ruddock

Vicky

Jan 27, 2023, 12:18:59 PM1/27/23
MTAAW

KRW

Jan 30, 2023, 4:24:47 AM1/30/23
Not just me then?

I hope this arrives via Plusnet.

--
*Kosmo

Jan 30, 2023, 1:50:48 PM1/30/23
On 30-Jan-23 9:24, KRW wrote:
> Not just me then?
>
> I hope this arrives via Plusnet.

Does that explain why some of your posts come from "KRW" whilst others
are from "krw"?

Not a big deal, but I was intrigued.

--
Sam Plusnet

krw

Jan 30, 2023, 6:58:05 PM1/30/23
Yes. I have spent most of the afternoon trying to configure smtp to
work with Plusnet - I normally use yahoo for authenticated smtp -
something which was part of my email setup from a long time ago and the
reasons for which are now a mystery to me - but yahoo was not playing
ball (or any other game) and rejecting all logins for a while and so I
have used a couple of other smtp authentications to get posts and emails
moving - but have also had to create a couple of new identities to get
things working again.

I blame the idiot who cannot remember to document his setups.

Anyone know if aioe is going to get better?
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Mike McMillan

Jan 31, 2023, 3:01:33 AM1/31/23
He has two separate cases to keep them in.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Steve Hague

Jan 31, 2023, 7:50:32 AM1/31/23
No, a witch turned it into a newt.
Steve

Sargan

Jan 31, 2023, 8:55:57 AM1/31/23
Have set up on that .... pretty slow but better than nothing

Sam Plusnet

Jan 31, 2023, 3:39:31 PM1/31/23
There is still room for some variation. Krw, or kRw or...

--
Sam Plusnet