spoiler 17th Nov

Chris

Nov 17, 2023, 2:16:09 PM11/17/23
Fantastic acting, but what a plot!

Mrs McT

J. P. Gilliver

Nov 17, 2023, 3:36:46 PM11/17/23
In message <uj8e5m$2u1nm$1...@dont-email.me> at Fri, 17 Nov 2023 19:16:06,
Chris <chris.m...@ntlworld.com> writes
>Fantastic acting, but what a plot!
>
>Mrs McT

Yes. I got very fed up of being manipulated into thinking "will they get
there just in time to catch her snuffing him".

Mind you, I could now eat a fish finger sandwich ... (haven't bought
fish fingers for decades if ever: I'll maybe look into what they involve
next time I shop.)

To keep leaf vegetables clean and crisp, cook lightly, then plunge into iced
water (the vegetables, that is). - manual for a Russell Hobbs electric steamer

Jenny M Benson

Nov 18, 2023, 5:20:10 AM11/18/23
On 17/11/2023 20:26, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> Mind you, I could now eat a fish finger sandwich ... (haven't bought
> fish fingers for decades if ever: I'll maybe look into what they involve
> next time I shop.)

Well worth paying a bit extra for specifically Haddock Fish Fingers, IMHO.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Clive Arthur

Nov 18, 2023, 7:50:44 AM11/18/23
On 17/11/2023 19:16, Chris wrote:
> Fantastic acting, but what a plot!
>
> Mrs McT

I was hoping that Pat would run in and do the deed.

--
Cheers
Clive

J. P. Gilliver

Nov 18, 2023, 9:37:35 AM11/18/23
In message <krrheo...@mid.individual.net> at Sat, 18 Nov 2023
10:20:06, Jenny M Benson <Nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> writes
>On 17/11/2023 20:26, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> Mind you, I could now eat a fish finger sandwich ... (haven't bought
>>fish fingers for decades if ever: I'll maybe look into what they
>>involve next time I shop.)
>

>Well worth paying a bit extra for specifically Haddock Fish Fingers, IMHO.

I'll try to remember haddock.

About the only fish I often buy are (I think they're sashimi?) what we
used to call crabsticks, though they now call them seafood sticks
(presumably because they have no crab in them). I eat them as they are
as a snack.

User Error: Replace user, hit any key to continue.

Nick Odell

Nov 18, 2023, 10:25:33 AM11/18/23
On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 10:20:06 +0000, Jenny M Benson
<Nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 17/11/2023 20:26, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> Mind you, I could now eat a fish finger sandwich ... (haven't bought
>> fish fingers for decades if ever: I'll maybe look into what they involve
>> next time I shop.)
>

>Well worth paying a bit extra for specifically Haddock Fish Fingers, IMHO.

Excellent suggestion. If you are price-conscious, may I suggest first
reading Xanthe Clay's deconstruction of the fish finger market here:

<https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/columnists/best-fish-fingers-birdseye-vs-aldi-waitrose-sainsburys/>

Also available without having a subscription to the Telegraph here:

https://archive.ph/njj0n

Nick

Chris

Nov 18, 2023, 12:30:55 PM11/18/23
Clive Arthur <cl...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/11/2023 19:16, Chris wrote:
>> Fantastic acting, but what a plot!
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> I was hoping that Pat would run in and do the deed.

In her very much wild younger days I reckon she would have.

Mrs McT

Chris

Nov 18, 2023, 12:30:55 PM11/18/23
J. P. Gilliver <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <uj8e5m$2u1nm$1...@dont-email.me> at Fri, 17 Nov 2023 19:16:06,
> Chris <chris.m...@ntlworld.com> writes
>> Fantastic acting, but what a plot!
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> Yes. I got very fed up of being manipulated into thinking "will they get
> there just in time to catch her snuffing him".
>
> Mind you, I could now eat a fish finger sandwich ... (haven't bought
> fish fingers for decades if ever: I'll maybe look into what they involve
> next time I shop.)

I didn’t catch that, thanks. Can’t see the point of fish fingers in extra
bread.

More shouting to come still. Hope to goodness, Rob hasn’t insisted on Alan
taking the funeral.

Mrs McT

Penny

Nov 18, 2023, 2:40:57 PM11/18/23
On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 14:34:09 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver" <G6...@255soft.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>About the only fish I often buy are (I think they're sashimi?) what we
>used to call crabsticks, though they now call them seafood sticks
>(presumably because they have no crab in them)

I learnt just the other day, that sashimi is thinly sliced meat, not fish.

Rather longer ago, on YouTube, I learnt the seaweed sheets used for rolling
up sushi and such, is good food for moth orchids, along with turmeric (mix
together in a jar and, after trimming off any dead looking bits, soak the
whole plant for an hour). I've tried it and it certainly revitalised one of
my very sad orchids which didn't want to grow any flower stems.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Vicky

Nov 18, 2023, 5:10:39 PM11/18/23
Bread - sandwiches - replaces chips

Sam Plusnet

Nov 18, 2023, 8:27:12 PM11/18/23
That latter link ran me through a whole series of capchas (however it's
spelled) without ever letting me though.

--
Sam Plusnet

Nick Odell

Nov 19, 2023, 4:36:39 AM11/19/23
How odd. It's never done that to me before. But I am more often the
creator of or finder of other people's archived links than a reader of
what's been linked to.

Nick