So fairwell now.

steve hague

Nov 23, 2022, 7:42:12 AM11/23/22
Wilco Johnson. You made many people feel good.
Steve Hague

Sid Nuncius

Nov 24, 2022, 1:58:15 AM11/24/22
On 23/11/2022 12:42, steve hague wrote:
> Wilco Johnson. You made many people feel good.

Indeed. I have seen a lot of fantastically exciting bands in my time -
including The Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc.etc. - but
none has ever quite matched the sheer visceral thrill of seeing the
original Dr Feelgood at close range in the Cambridge Corn Exchange in
early 1975 as part of the Naughty Rhythms Tour.

Just the four of them - Wilko, Lee Brilleau, John B. Sparkes and The Big
Figure - no flashy light show, minimal equipment...and they set the
place alight (metaphorically, you understand). It's one of my most
cherished musical memories, and I have plenty to choose from.

Thanks, Wilko. Go well.

--
Sid

Nick Odell

Dec 7, 2022, 7:31:02 PM12/7/22
I was at the more folky end of the Southend/Canvey Island music scene
though I married the cousin of one of Tim Gentle's Gentlemen who
didn't become Procul Harem. Anyway, I digress: those guys were
electric - and I don't mean the amplification. The Southend gigs were
so full of energy and their presence raised the profile of all the
rest of us, I'd say. And we'd bump into the odd Feelgood or Flyer in
the music shops we all used to frequent. Good times and Wilko was
absolutely a legend in his own lifetime.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Julien Temple documentary
Oil City Confidential. Terrific!

As you have already said, Sid, Go well, Wilko.

Nick
--
Apologies for the Gillivery.
Apologies if I'm repeating remarks already made in this thread because