Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

Hellerat

Jan 22, 2023, 6:15:25 PM1/22/23
SPOILER-ISH

It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 4:23:44 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hell...@mail.com>
wrote:

>SPOILER-ISH
>

>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.

I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 4:25:52 AM1/23/23
wrote:

>SPOILER-ISH
>

>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
retire.

Hellerat

Jan 23, 2023, 4:48:07 AM1/23/23
I didn't listen properly to that part as I was busy waiting for disaster to happen, and I
didn't think it was going to be Adam's Yorkshire puds not rising, dramatic though that
might have been! I also realise that I my mind wanders (even more than usual) when I hear
scenes between Justin and Brian. Possibly also between Justin and anybody else.

Hellerat

Jan 23, 2023, 4:51:10 AM1/23/23
I know, I do so agree. Particularly Peggy, she should have pegged* it yonks ago. I'm still
upset this morning. It was very well done, though, and gives scope for "younger" (how old
is Debbie now?) returnees for the funeral.

*not my own coinage, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Mike McMillan

Jan 23, 2023, 4:57:33 AM1/23/23
‘Twas me I believe (and was nominated for a BT ISTR.)

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Hellerat

Jan 23, 2023, 5:13:34 AM1/23/23
Nice one, Cyril! (So to speak.)

Serena Blanchflower

Jan 23, 2023, 5:34:05 AM1/23/23
It's quite some time since we've heard Jenny in person and I think it's
far harder for the SWs to keep her there, but perpetually just out of
earshot, than for the older characters. This will be especially true
whenever there are storylines where the Aldridge family are centre
stage, such as Alice 'n' Chris, or Ruairi's life as a gigolo.

--
Best wishes, Serena
For everything you have missed you have gained something else; and for

krw

Jan 23, 2023, 5:52:19 AM1/23/23
On 23.1.23 10:34, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 09:23, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hell...@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my
>>> favourite characters go.
>>
>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B .  She surely wasn't high in the
>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>

> It's quite some time since we've heard Jenny in person and I think it's
> far harder for the SWs to keep her there, but perpetually just out of
> earshot, than for the older characters.  This will be especially true
> whenever there are storylines where the Aldridge family are centre
> stage, such as Alice 'n' Chris, or Ruairi's life as a gigolo.

There was at least one major scene in December (Brian out shopping with
Kate and Alice) which I am convinced was originally written for JD and
had to be re-written - it was nicely done but I do not think was
conceived as a scene for Brian. That would have been written about 3
months earlier - in early September and recorded mid-October or a little
later. Since then there have been frequent mentions of JD being
elsewhere or on the end of an important phone call. So I believe that
when she was due to be booked for that week (there was another scene
that week that did not feel "naturally" Brian) she was unavailable for
some health or personal reasons (I have seen posts stating a stroke but
nothing has proven to be "actual") and this week would have been written
in mid-October - so a discussion obviously took place about the
characters development.

I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Penny

Jan 23, 2023, 5:58:39 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky...@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...
Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 6:33:13 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42:46 +0000, krw <k...@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
>which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.

Who is Paddy? Have I not noticed a person in Ambridge?

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 6:33:48 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000, Penny <sp...@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:
BTN?

John Ashby

Jan 23, 2023, 6:51:56 AM1/23/23
Accepted.

john

John Ashby

Jan 23, 2023, 6:57:46 AM1/23/23
What will happen to Jenny's shares in Home Farm? Will Adam come back to
take over from Brian if he does retire (as what?) and how will that
interact with Stella? Will Debbie come vack from Hungary and will Kate
have to cancel visiting Nollie, torn between the duties of a mother and
a daughter? Will Alice relapse?

Don't miss the next exciting episodes of... The Aldridges, an Everyday
Story of People You Probably Wouldn't Like if You Met Them in Real Life.

john

Mike McMillan

Jan 23, 2023, 7:01:56 AM1/23/23
Can BT not be Copyright???

Serena Blanchflower

Jan 23, 2023, 7:09:10 AM1/23/23
My assumption is that Angela Piper has chosen not to make any
announcements and prefers to keep her health issues (or whatever else is
behind her leaving) private.

--
Best wishes, Serena
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. (Aesop)

Serena Blanchflower

Jan 23, 2023, 7:15:25 AM1/23/23
On 23/01/2023 09:25, Vicky wrote:
He may retire but I think it's more likely that he'll be trying to be
more involved again, rather than sitting alone in an empty cottage.
He's likely to drive Stella mad with his interference.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. What did baby corn say to mummy corn?

carolet

Jan 23, 2023, 7:18:02 AM1/23/23
On 23/01/2023 11:33, Vicky wrote:
I presume that Paddy is Jill. I have heard Patricia Greene being
referred to as Paddy.

--
CaroleT

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 7:20:49 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:57:45 +0000, John Ashby <johna...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
Debbie will comeback for the funeral. Would there be provision for
the shares in the original deed. Or would they go to Brian as
inheriting if Jenny made a will. Or might she have left them to one of
her children?

I think Kate will feel it her duty to go to SA to comfort Nolly for
her break up and loss of gran.The she will have her proposed road trip
to cheer them both up, using any money Jenny left her or Nolly. Then
she'll bring Nolly back to Ambridge. I hope Alice will have enough
support to be ok.

From the spoiler about today Stella is in a vulnerable position in the
long term but for now is in control, surely.Brian though won't want to
arrange a big loan as he will be mourning.

John Ashby

Jan 23, 2023, 8:12:51 AM1/23/23
It was copied right.

john

Mike McMillan

Jan 23, 2023, 8:29:34 AM1/23/23
:-)))

Nick Odell

Jan 23, 2023, 9:10:14 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000, Penny <sp...@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

Ambridge is becoming far too Italianate: all those residents (and best
friends) who are plodding on towards or past their centuries. Italian
Ambridges like Acciaroli
<https://www.npr.org/2016/03/30/472442367/in-one-italian-village-nearly-300-residents-are-over-100-years-old>
seem to attribute longevity to anything from piety and pasta to olive
oil and free love. What's Ambridge's secret?

(Well deserved BTN, BTW!)

Nick

Nick Odell

Jan 23, 2023, 9:13:28 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:57:45 +0000, John Ashby <johna...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

:-)

...yet it hardly seems any time at all since folk were complaining
that it all seemed to have turned into a sit-com called "The
Grundies."

Nick

Jim Easterbrook

Jan 23, 2023, 9:15:22 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:10:09 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

> Ambridge is becoming far too Italianate: all those residents (and best
> friends) who are plodding on towards or past their centuries. Italian
> Ambridges like Acciaroli
> <https://www.npr.org/2016/03/30/472442367/in-one-italian-village-
nearly-300-residents-are-over-100-years-old>
> seem to attribute longevity to anything from piety and pasta to olive
> oil and free love. What's Ambridge's secret?

Unknown chemicals seeping into the Am from Home Farm.
--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

krw

Jan 23, 2023, 9:36:22 AM1/23/23
Paddy is Adam's father.

krw

Jan 23, 2023, 9:41:30 AM1/23/23
On 23.1.23 11:57, John Ashby wrote:
> What will happen to Jenny's shares in Home Farm?

Typically most husbands and wives are advised to make a will leaving
their assets to the wife / husband as such transfers are free of
inheritance tax. I would assume that once the new partnership was
created JennyD made a new will as part of the new arrangements.

If I remember correctly the farm was split in 13 shares
Brian 3
Jenny 3
Adam 2
Debbie 2
Kate 1
Alice 1
Rugrat 1

However that might be wrong. So Jenny had 3 shares. She cannot leave
one each to the 4 children - but I wonder if she will leave one each to
Kate / Alice and Rugrat?

If they revert to Brian it means that he only has to keep one other
shareholder onside to win every decision. Could be entertaining!

krw

Jan 23, 2023, 9:42:19 AM1/23/23
I reckon his roving eye will soon find a suitable new bedmate.

BrritSki

Jan 23, 2023, 11:41:21 AM1/23/23
Interfering with Stella ? Yes, that's likely. OP

Jim Easterbrook

Jan 23, 2023, 12:09:26 PM1/23/23
You think they might bond over an agriculture machinery catalogue?

BrritSki

Jan 23, 2023, 1:07:59 PM1/23/23
Yes, and consensual drilling will occur.

Vicky

Jan 23, 2023, 1:46:57 PM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:10:09 +0000, Nick Odell <nicko...@yahoo.ca>
I think it is different in Europe. They have longer periods of warmth
and sunshine for the old people to sit around in.

Mike McMillan

Jan 23, 2023, 2:02:21 PM1/23/23
I suppose she might assist him to sow some wild oats.

Nick Odell

Jan 23, 2023, 3:00:37 PM1/23/23
On 23 Jan 2023 17:09:24 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
The "Parish" magazine, perhaps?

Nick

Nick Odell

Jan 23, 2023, 3:03:05 PM1/23/23

Penny

Jan 23, 2023, 3:30:00 PM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 19:02:20 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodl...@virginmedia.com> a gribouillé dans la poussičre...
A resultant sprog would really put the cat among the pigeons!
(But I don't believe Stella would allow it.)

Hellerat

Jan 23, 2023, 3:39:04 PM1/23/23
On 23/01/2023 22:29, Penny wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 19:02:20 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodl...@virginmedia.com> a gribouillé dans la poussière...
>> Jim Easterbrook <ne...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk> wrote:

>>> You think they might bond over an agriculture machinery catalogue?
>>>

>> I suppose she might assist him to sow some wild oats.
>
> A resultant sprog would really put the cat among the pigeons!
> (But I don't believe Stella would allow it.)

Isn't Stella way over the age of parturition? I imagine her as in her late forties. Have I
got the wrong end of the drill again?

--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

steve hague

Jan 23, 2023, 4:39:24 PM1/23/23

>>> Interfering with Stella ? Yes, that's likely. OP
>>
>> You think they might bond over an agriculture machinery catalogue?
>
> The "Parish" magazine, perhaps?
>
> Nick
If Brian wears his cravate at a jaunty angle, who knows what could happen?
Steve

Penny

Jan 23, 2023, 6:10:59 PM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 22:40:35 +0200, Hellerat <Hell...@mail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On 23/01/2023 22:29, Penny wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 19:02:20 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>> <toodl...@virginmedia.com> a gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> I suppose she might assist him to sow some wild oats.
>>
>> A resultant sprog would really put the cat among the pigeons!
>> (But I don't believe Stella would allow it.)
>
>Isn't Stella way over the age of parturition? I imagine her as in her late forties. Have I
>got the wrong end of the drill again?

I've no idea, they all sound so young to me.
Some women do get surprise bundles when they least expect it, believing
it's 'the change' until it's too late to take another path.

Chris

Jan 24, 2023, 1:21:48 PM1/24/23
Penny <sp...@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 19:02:20 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodl...@virginmedia.com> a gribouillé dans la poussière...
>> Jim Easterbrook <ne...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk> wrote:

>>> You think they might bond over an agriculture machinery catalogue?
>>>

>> I suppose she might assist him to sow some wild oats.
>
> A resultant sprog would really put the cat among the pigeons!
> (But I don't believe Stella would allow it.)

Nah, she’s got the measure of him. Level headed person (though there is
something about her and Justin in the past, early days when she first
arrived which seems a long time ago now.

Mrs McT

Sam Plusnet

Jan 24, 2023, 2:34:12 PM1/24/23
On 23-Jan-23 20:03, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:42:17 +0000, krw <k...@whitnet.uk> wrote:

Of Brian:
>> I reckon his roving eye will soon find a suitable new bedmate.
>
> Nah: who's going to be remotely interested in an old farmer who's
> pushing 90?

Which brought to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

"What first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

--
Sam Plusnet

Clive Arthur

Jan 24, 2023, 6:19:42 PM1/24/23
On 23/01/2023 14:42, krw wrote:
> On 23.1.23 12:15, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

<snip>

>> He may retire but I think it's more likely that he'll be trying to be
>> more involved again, rather than sitting alone in an empty cottage.
>> He's likely to drive Stella mad with his interference.
>>

> I reckon his roving eye will soon find a suitable new bedmate.

Ruairi's sugar mummy, Julianne, will insist on attending the funeral and
Brian will step in.

To lose one mummy, Ruairi, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose all
three looks like carelessness.

--
Cheers
Clive

Vicky

Jan 25, 2023, 4:35:02 AM1/25/23
On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 23:19:39 +0000, Clive Arthur
<cl...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>On 23/01/2023 14:42, krw wrote:
>> On 23.1.23 12:15, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>> He may retire but I think it's more likely that he'll be trying to be
>>> more involved again, rather than sitting alone in an empty cottage.
>>> He's likely to drive Stella mad with his interference.
>>>

>> I reckon his roving eye will soon find a suitable new bedmate.
>
>Ruairi's sugar mummy, Julianne, will insist on attending the funeral and
>Brian will step in.

What do you mean by step in? Save Rory from a possibly unhealthy
relationship, as she has too much control, or step in instead of Rory?
It would be a bit messy to make her his new mother.

BrritSki

Jan 25, 2023, 7:29:46 AM1/25/23
On 24/01/2023 23:19, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 14:42, krw wrote:
>> On 23.1.23 12:15, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> He may retire but I think it's more likely that he'll be trying to be
>>> more involved again, rather than sitting alone in an empty cottage.
>>> He's likely to drive Stella mad with his interference.
>>>

>> I reckon his roving eye will soon find a suitable new bedmate.
>
> Ruairi's sugar mummy, Julianne, will insist on attending the funeral and
> Brian will step in.

The open grave ? The open pus ++++ NO CARRIER ++++

BrritSki

Jan 25, 2023, 7:30:08 AM1/25/23
YANAOU