Pioneer VSA-E06 just died, advice?

Julie Sinar

May 18, 2002, 2:34:39 PM5/18/02
I've had a Pioneer VSA-E06 amp for a few years now and I've been very
happy with it. For the first time today I have had a problem with it.
While watching a DVD it just died. No sound comes out of it all, and
also the frount input knob does not work, though it will change inputs
via the remote controll.
I've checked out Google and there seems to have been other people
who've had problems with the power supply.
Can anyone comment whether this sounds like it could be the same
thing, and also if anyone's had one repaired how much it costed them.
Thanks in advance,
Julie

mike.greenslade45

May 19, 2002, 3:27:35 AM5/19/02
I had the same problem with my E07. It was only 3wks old at the time
so,still under warranty. Mind you it took 7wks to get it repaired.In the
mean time I bought a Denon Amp and kept the EO7 as a spare. If you're
prepared to wait,I would get take out a Warranty with 'Domestic and General'
but dont say your unit is faulty.wait a few days and put it in for repair.
Or,get a new Amp if you can afford it,as the EO6 is Old now.
"Julie Sinar" <si...@lineone.net> wrote in message

Julie Sinar

May 19, 2002, 1:35:44 PM5/19/02
"mike.greenslade45" <mike.gre...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<arIF8.345$Nh.2...@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net>...

> I had the same problem with my E07. It was only 3wks old at the time
> so,still under warranty. Mind you it took 7wks to get it repaired.In the
> mean time I bought a Denon Amp and kept the EO7 as a spare. If you're
> prepared to wait,I would get take out a Warranty with 'Domestic and General'
> but dont say your unit is faulty.wait a few days and put it in for repair.
> Or,get a new Amp if you can afford it,as the EO6 is Old now.

The E06 might be old but i've been 100% satisfied with it up until
now, and would not 'upgrade' just for the sake of it, that said I
don't want to have to pay a lot out, only for it to fail again. So
i'll probably get a quote on the repair and go from there. I don't
think I could ever defraud an insurance company like that, that's why
honest peoples premiums are so high :-)
Have you been happy with your Denon? If I have to buy another the
Denon 3802 is on my shortlist.

Thanks

Julie

mike.greenslade45

May 19, 2002, 5:59:54 PM5/19/02
I am really happy with my Denen10SE, always had Yamaha Amps before EO7,then
came the 10SE. Never kept many Amps over 1yr as Technology being the reason
for upgrades.Saying that,I've had my Denon10SE for nearly 2yrs now. Whatever
your OUTCOME good luck. By the way-Domestic and General will Insure Items
up to 5yr Old(when I last enquired).
Mike.

Webbo73

May 20, 2002, 4:17:18 PM5/20/02
you could probably get a good deal on an E08 now... now I'd love an AX-10,
but the price, size and power consumption are factors for me (plus I'm very
happy with my E07) - also the E06 might be old and I don't think it has DTS,
but if you can live with that and don't want 6.1/7.1 (which I don't), then
I'd stick with it - assuming the repair cost isn't prohibitive. It is a
very high quality amp and the build quality is superb (and it looks great
too I think).

webbo

bed.mis...@googlemail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 4:51:46 AM9/22/17
A little late, this is more for anyone else having the same issues, OP probably doesnt have the amp anymore.
I had the same problem and fixed it by replacing 2 Fuses that look like resistors and are on the middle regulator board (Its the stack of boards screwed to a heatsink next to the speaker connections).
You can look at the service manual to find the 2 fuses.