OT: Q. Software to repair corrupt powerpoint files

Keith

Nov 4, 2007, 7:42:05 AM11/4/07
Is there anybody in Lincoln who has any software to repair corrupt
powerpoint files? Or is there any that you know of, please? It seems like
you have to pay for the slightest utility prog. on the internet these days -
and the cheapest I could find was £50 to get a non-demo fully functional
version!!!

Thanks - Keith

Grooove

Nov 4, 2007, 12:04:16 PM11/4/07
"Keith" <r.fra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Is there anybody in Lincoln who has any software to repair corrupt
> powerpoint files?

Hi Keith,
I may be able to come up with something. Is it desperately urgent?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David ~ Lincoln UK

JS

Nov 4, 2007, 3:38:03 PM11/4/07
what exactly is the prob / error message ?

"Grooove" <gro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

robert...@my-deja.com

Nov 5, 2007, 1:28:53 AM11/5/07

You might try downloading Open Office (www.openoffice.org) - it is
completely free. I don't know about powerpoint, but I have frequently
used it to open word files that microsoft turn's its nose up at, and
rescue the content. IBM are currently giving away the beta of lotus
symphony, which would be another thing to try,

Keith

Nov 10, 2007, 8:59:03 AM11/10/07
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions.

The error message is: Cannot open type of file

OpenOffice does not work either - crashes out with data input/output error
when you load one of these files.

95% of the content is still there, as seen with a preview of the £50
recovery programme.

I will try the IBM beta version of lotus symphony next.....

Keith.

rody...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2012, 9:15:55 AM7/16/12
Dear Keith,

Do you use any data recovery software for your powerpoint file if not you can use it and restore your data of corrupted powerpoint files there are so may software which help you one of them is Recoveryfix for Powerpoint Repair you can download a trial version of this software from here http://www.pptxfile.com/

silva...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2012, 2:43:51 AM12/13/12

To repair damaged pptx file or ppt file you can use the best PowerPoint repair software. This software is available in free trial version you can download and preview recovery results.

For More Details: http://www.filerepairsoftware.com/damaged-powerpoint-pptx-presentation-repair.html
Download Link: http://www.filerepairsoftware.com/download.html

kayer.je...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 5:50:15 AM9/24/14
If your file is truly corrupt, there are a number of things you can try to recover it. Firstly try a third-party recovery tool PowerPoint Rcovery tool. You may download it on:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/powerpoint-file-recovery-tool.html

kayer.je...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 5:50:40 AM9/24/14

davidve...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 5:17:36 AM10/14/14
PowerPoint recovery tool fixes damaged PPT presentations. This software supports all modern PowerPoint version like 97, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Try:- http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/powerpoint-recovery-software.html

pauls...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2015, 2:20:13 AM11/4/15
PowerPoint Recovery programs to quickly repair your damaged files and restore all the data, formatting and objects.The Software retrieve the entire information from corrupted MS PowerPoint presentations with .ppt, .pot, .pptx, .pps file format.

Read more:- http://www.softmagnat.com/powerpoint-recovery.html