Sandra Browne and The Boyfriends 1960s

Gary Jackson

Dec 5, 2004, 11:14:35 AM12/5/04
I'm looking for any information on this group who had three singles
released on the Columbia label. I believe they were from the Grimsby
area.

If anyone had any information and even a "Where are they now" answer, be
grateful to hear from you

--
Gary Jackson - My Generation
Radio Show - www.my-generation.org.uk/radiopage.htm

John Storey

Dec 5, 2004, 2:10:10 PM12/5/04
The Boyfriends, I think, consisted of "Dusty" Rhodes (who subsequently
became a councillor for a ward in Grimsby), Tony (?) Farrow, both on guitar,
and, on drums, Paul McGrath (later a lecturer at Grimsby College). I only
have a passing knowledge of the group as I was, at the time, heavily
involved with the South Bank Jazz Club.
John Storey

"Gary Jackson" <gary.j...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Gary Jackson

Dec 5, 2004, 2:39:28 PM12/5/04
The message <m2Jsd.1849$c_4...@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>
from "John Storey" <johnm...@ntlworld.com> contains these words:

> The Boyfriends, I think, consisted of "Dusty" Rhodes (who subsequently
> became a councillor for a ward in Grimsby), Tony (?) Farrow, both on guitar,
> and, on drums, Paul McGrath (later a lecturer at Grimsby College). I only
> have a passing knowledge of the group as I was, at the time, heavily
> involved with the South Bank Jazz Club.
> John Storey

Many thanks John.

If you can point me in the direction of ny other sources that would be great

Gusset Gadder

Dec 5, 2004, 6:58:06 PM12/5/04

"John Storey" <johnm...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> The Boyfriends, I think, consisted of "Dusty" Rhodes (who subsequently
> became a councillor for a ward in Grimsby), Tony (?) Farrow, both on
guitar,
> and, on drums, Paul McGrath (later a lecturer at Grimsby College). I only
> have a passing knowledge of the group as I was, at the time, heavily
> involved with the South Bank Jazz Club.

That's correct yes - Dusty Rhodes

Was one of my old teachers at Havelock School

I believe he passed away ?

news

Dec 7, 2004, 12:38:26 PM12/7/04
sandra was my next door neighbour where i grew up she lived in helene grove
grimsby and still see her sometimes in town
"Gusset Gadder" <gad...@gusset.com> wrote in message

John Storey

Dec 8, 2004, 5:59:19 AM12/8/04
More info now at hand. I can confirmn that Dusty Rhodes died a few years
ago. Sandra Browne is still living locally but Paul McGrath is now living in
Devon. Tony Farrow still lives and works (as a boat-builder) in Grimsby and
I have given him your website and email addresses and he should be in touch
with you when he gets his PC sorted out.
John Storey

"Gary Jackson" <gary.j...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Gary Jackson

Dec 8, 2004, 5:23:38 PM12/8/04
The message <b8Btd.48$k2...@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>

from "John Storey" <johnm...@ntlworld.com> contains these words:

> More info now at hand. I can confirmn that Dusty Rhodes died a few years

> ago. Sandra Browne is still living locally but Paul McGrath is now living in
> Devon. Tony Farrow still lives and works (as a boat-builder) in Grimsby and
> I have given him your website and email addresses and he should be in touch
> with you when he gets his PC sorted out.
> John Storey

Brilliant John. Thanks very much

Paul Farnell

Dec 17, 2022, 8:24:53 AM12/17/22