Mortal Ash Hill, Scunthorpe (A18)

David G. Bell

May 3, 2004, 4:42:51 PM5/3/04
Anyone know what happened on the A18 east of Scunthorpe, the dual
carriageway up Mortal Ash Hill, on Monday night?

The police were out, road closed signs, at the roundabout by Morrisons,
at about 8:30pm.

"History shows that the Singularity started when Sir Tim Berners-Lee
was bitten by a radioactive spider."

Peter Cooper

May 4, 2004, 6:22:58 AM5/4/04
> Anyone know what happened on the A18 east of Scunthorpe, the dual
> carriageway up Mortal Ash Hill, on Monday night?

A search for 'Mortal Ash Hill' returns this, funnily enough.

http://www.swingingheaven.co.uk/dogging/locations/lincolnshire-dogging.html

They probably closed it off for a police dogging night. :-D

Pete

David G. Bell

May 4, 2004, 7:56:11 AM5/4/04
On Tuesday, in article
<c77r2g$mlfa$1...@ID-194358.news.uni-berlin.de> x...@boog.co.uk
"Peter Cooper" wrote:

My father tells me that the name comes from the site of a gallows or
gibbet. So maybe that's the place to go if you want to find somebody
who's well-hung...

clive.lister

May 4, 2004, 12:46:09 PM5/4/04

""David G. Bell"" <db...@zhochaka.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Anyone know what happened on the A18 east of Scunthorpe, the dual
> carriageway up Mortal Ash Hill, on Monday night?
>
> The police were out, road closed signs, at the roundabout by Morrisons,
> at about 8:30pm.
>

>Fraid not fellahs....it was a guy on a moped who got knocked off by a car
and is in intensive care as we speak. He is a relation of my girlfriend and
is not expected to survive. His family have been called to his bedside this
afternoon.
Probably caused by a dogger coming out of the top of motty chased by the
cops tho....