MFRFM

Watcher

Mar 18, 2005, 1:54:58 PM3/18/05
MFRFM 9.3.05
Movement for a Register of Freemasons

The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty,
Buckingham Palace, LONDON SWIA IAA

Madam,

THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

I write this in my role both of researcher and one who privately
holds an attachment to the Monarchy as a guarantor of democracy. My
innate trust was shewn when as an undergraduate I requested, and
received, from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, support for a conservation
project. It was strengthened during the years 2003/4 when I received
from their respective Private Secretaries confirmation that TRH The
Prince of Wales, the Princes Harry and William, The Duke of York and the
Earl of Wessex had "no connection with the Freemasons". The purpose of
this letter is to highlight the damage to the monarchy which I as a
confirmed Anglican perceive to be inevitable if the Head of State
continues to serve as Defender of the Faith when on matters central to
that faith the Anglican Church casts aside all its principles.
On 15.11.02, The Independent printed the front-page head-line "NEW
ARCHBISHOP: MASONS HAVE NO PLACE IN THE CHURCH". These brave words were
attributed to Dr. Rowan Williams. He had stated in a letter to me (the
basis of the news item) that Christian ministry was incompatible with
Masonic practice. When he thus expressed antipathy to the Craft, he did
so with inside knowledge : his own father, Aneurin, was a Brother.
Sadly, a few weeks later, the Archbishop embarked on a process - behind
closed doors - of appeasement: Grand Lodge seems to have inspired him
with terror. Nevertheless, the record stands, as stated in The
Independent, expressed by a very reputable and courageous journalist who
had received great co-operation in formulating the article from the
prospective Primate.
Yet we now have an Anglican cleric i/c the Grand Lodge of Scotland!
Canon Joseph Morrow BD JP OStJ was appointed Grand Master on 25.11.04.
The Church typically remains silent,
The Masonic Antient Charges require every Freemason " to prefer a
poor Brother, that is a good man and true before any other poor People
in the same Circumstance." This is an unholy obligation upon Freemasons
of every degree, an anti-Christian incitement to show preference to a
member of the Brotherhood. By his silence, Dr. Williams and his Church
are condoning manifest evil on a massive scale, in order to preserve a
perceived unity, not to mention financial investment - all those
Cathedral bursaries? Is there not the trace of old favours towards fresh
shoots of fascism? Silence can be the greatest evil. How can the
Monarchy escape the taint of association with such gross double
standards? It should sever links to a corrupt, ineffectual Church.
Yours truly,

MFRFM seeks to argue for a public register of Freemasons
Founder: Hugh Sinclair M.A. (Oxon.) 36 Aln Court Ellington
NE615LR 01670 861736

http://www.usenet.com