Insulate Britain - new injunction

The Todal

Sep 22, 2021, 6:46:46 AM9/22/21

JNugent

Sep 22, 2021, 10:16:36 AM9/22/21
About time.

But limited to the M25?

Roger Hayter

Sep 22, 2021, 12:42:01 PM9/22/21
A court might well consider the balance of rights between road users and
protesters to be different where other roads are concerned. An injunction to
not cause an obstruction anywhere might appeal to some, but would constitute
CCP levels of repression.

--
Roger Hayter

Norman Wells

Sep 22, 2021, 12:42:36 PM9/22/21
That's what it says.

Jeff Layman

Sep 22, 2021, 12:42:52 PM9/22/21
Is that a standard form for such an order? Perhaps someone could explain
why it refers to "Persons unknown causing the blocking..." and then the
Penal Notice referring to "If you the within named defendants or any of
you disobey...". Apart from the strange grammar, I don't understand why
it mentioned "persons unknown" and then "the within named defendants or
any of you...". Do they have to be named or not? Why do they need to be
named if they can be unknown?

--

Jeff

JNugent

Sep 22, 2021, 1:40:35 PM9/22/21
???

If it isn't acceptable to obstruct the M25 / A282, it can hardly be any
more acceptable to obstruct the M6.

Roger Hayter

Sep 22, 2021, 7:09:53 PM9/22/21
No-one would want to obstruct the M6, as no-one important lives near it. What
about a quiet cul-de-sac in Godalming?

--
Roger Hayter

JNugent

Sep 22, 2021, 7:52:26 PM9/22/21
There are no motorways in or very near to Godalming.

There's the Hog's Back road, of course.

The Todal

Sep 23, 2021, 5:22:37 AM9/23/21
It was widely reported yesterday that, not to be outdone, the Insulate
Britain mob have occupied the highway in front of the Home Office in
London. Dammit, we never expected that. Priti must be fuming.

Jeff Layman

Sep 23, 2021, 5:24:35 AM9/23/21
The A31 already suffers from considerable congestion, so I doubt
anything Insulate Britain did would have a noticeable effect.

--

Jeff

Roland Perry

Sep 23, 2021, 8:05:57 AM9/23/21