Emily Thornbery

Lewis Robinson

May 5, 2012, 7:04:53 PM5/5/12
Mr Lewis Samuel Robinson
271b Liverpool Road
London
N1 1LX Our Ref: SB/ROBI01036/01120186

Dear Mr Robinson

Thank you for contacting my advice line recently.

You told my assistant that you are currently being held on the Coral
Ward at Highgate Mental Health Unit.

You explained that you think there has been a case of mistaken identity
with your cousin Mr Dirk Robinson. You said Mr Dirk Robinson kicked
someone in Soho on 1st November 2011 and was arrested – and it seems the
Police now think you were the perpetrator.

After the incident in Soho, you said you were reported missing while you
travelled to Scotland and then Wales to stay with family. You said you
were then arrested in early January 2012 – because you think the Police
believed you were in fact Mr Dirk Robinson, who you think has travelled
to Germany.

You explained that you knew your cousin had contacted Jeremy Corbyn’s
office. I spoke to Jeremy who confirmed what you told me - that he had
made an enquiry to the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust about
the case. I have copied this letter to Jeremy’s office so he is aware of
my involvement in the case.

I am told your solicitors Blavo and Co will be contacting my office to
provide some further information about your case, and you agreed with my
assistant it would be best for me to wait to speak to them first before
taking any further action.

In the meantime I would suggest you engage with the support being
provided at Highgate Mental Health Unit.

Best wishes

Emily Thornberry MP
Islington South and Finsbury