Change of bank details - what form

nowt

May 26, 2009, 1:21:24 AM5/26/09
I am in the process of moving banks.

I am currently getting Income Support (not JSA/Incapacity Benefit) and
Disability Living Allowance.

What form do I need to fill in to get my money paid into another bank
account and where will I need to send it to?

Ste

May 26, 2009, 2:15:58 AM5/26/09

I'm not sure there's a form, and in any event a simple letter would
suffice. You'll generally need to send one notice to the delivery
centre from where your IS is administered, and another notice to the
relevant Disability and Carers Service who administer your claim for
DLA.

Robbie

May 26, 2009, 5:27:47 AM5/26/09

You just need to phone up both the IS and DLA offices that pay your
benefit and give them the new bank details. If it is not possible for
you to do that then write a letter to each office.

--
Robbie

Niteawk

May 26, 2009, 8:28:09 AM5/26/09

"nowt" <no...@somthing.co.uk> wrote in message

None, phone them up and give them your new bank account details.

nowt

May 26, 2009, 8:31:24 AM5/26/09

"nowt" <no...@somthing.co.uk> wrote in message

Thanks for the replys guys...

I'll send them a letter.. Is it best to send them by recored or normal 1st
Class post?

Niteawk

May 26, 2009, 9:03:50 AM5/26/09

"nowt" <no...@somthing.co.uk> wrote in message

Makes no difference if its recorded, letters tend to get lost internally.
Its best to phone them up, then you have a record of the call.

nowt

May 26, 2009, 10:53:05 AM5/26/09

"Niteawk" <nos...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Thanks..

Do you or know where I can get the phone numbers from?

Robbie

May 26, 2009, 11:12:56 AM5/26/09

From letters they have sent you, such as any letter notifying you of a
benefit increase.

--
Robbie

Si

May 26, 2009, 7:04:34 PM5/26/09
I did this the other day by just phoning the DWP and giving them the
details.

Cheers.

Si

fido

Jun 12, 2009, 1:34:08 PM6/12/09
On 27 May, 00:04, "Si" <s...@m.sucks> wrote:
> I did this the other day by just phoning the DWP and giving them the
> details.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si
>
> "nowt" <n...@somthing.co.uk> wrote in message

> >I am in the process of moving banks.
>
> > I am currently getting Income Support (not JSA/Incapacity Benefit) and
> > Disability Living Allowance.
>
> > What form do I need to fill in to get my money paid into another bank
> > account and where will I need to send it to?

Be careful, in my experience the DWP take ages to do anything. You
need to find out what happens if your old bank account is closed and
they receive a payment for you. Do they forward the payment to your
new bank or would they send it back from whence it came? You need to
find this out before you end up with no income!

MATTHEW

Aug 5, 2010, 8:56:03 PM8/5/10
SORT CODE 72-50-04-ACCOUNT NUMBER 02468686 TO LTSB ORT CODE 77-09-23 ACCOUT
NUMBER 22313668 THANK MR MERCER

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13973302.aspx

mart...@hotmail.com

Aug 6, 2010, 6:17:45 AM8/6/10

OK, you realise this is a public newsgroup, nothing to do with the
government, social security, benefits agency or their offices?

Martin <><

Mike

Aug 6, 2010, 10:27:04 AM8/6/10

Probably not ....

Mike

leann marie johnson

Sep 28, 2010, 6:43:14 AM9/28/10
need a change bank form

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13973302.aspx

glenn alistair tomney

Jan 16, 2012, 9:28:31 AM1/16/12
i am changing my bank details i am on job seekers allowance therefore what
do i do

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13973302.aspx

Iain

Apr 19, 2012, 7:21:28 AM4/19/12
I would have thought the best thing would be to let the DWP know next time
you sign on. They should do all of the necessary things to change the
details.

--
Iain