Date for assessment of existing cases using the new scheme?

Imago

Apr 10, 2003, 3:29:49 PM4/10/03
> no firm dates, but look out for sep/oct this year if nothing goes badly
> wrong

Jeez - really that soon - where'd you hear that?

Mr Spacy

Apr 10, 2003, 3:43:19 PM4/10/03
The news on the grapevine in March 2004, I believe it could be later due to
a few troubles with the new system.

"Imago" <im...@thisisadummy.net> wrote in message

giles

Apr 11, 2003, 2:31:10 PM4/11/03
that's when csa staff should've all had their training and it's intended
that once people have had training they should only work on new rules cases

Barry Pearson

Apr 21, 2003, 9:16:04 AM4/21/03
Mr Spacy <mr_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The news on the grapevine in March 2004, I believe it could be later due
> to a few troubles with the new system.
[snip]

What problems?

I have been trying to find out how it is going, but any bad news appears to be
hidden behind some sort of problem in the Middle East.

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.ChildSupportAnalysis.co.uk/

Mr Spacy

Apr 21, 2003, 3:16:08 PM4/21/03
I believe the new system is working (and payments being paid in/out) But a
few things on the management side (keeping of stats etc) is taking it's
time. Plus the new system can not deal with NRP applications at the moment,
the will want to iron out these errors first before the go live.

The word is that they were looking at March 2004 but will have to wait and
see.

Bulk migration (were all the old cases are but on CS2 (new computer system))
should end in September. A lot more will be known then.

Mr Spacey

"Barry Pearson" <ne...@childsupportanalysis.co.uk> wrote in message

Barry Pearson

Apr 22, 2003, 9:30:49 AM4/22/03
Mr Spacy <mr_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the new system is working (and payments being paid in/out) But a
> few things on the management side (keeping of stats etc) is taking it's
> time. Plus the new system can not deal with NRP applications at the
> moment, the will want to iron out these errors first before the go live.
[snip]

Ah! In discussions with people outside Usenet, that has been a serious
problem. The CSA appeared to be saying that the inability was to do with the
law.

What IS the issue? Is it to do with the computer system? With their processes?
(Or indeed legislation)?

Lee

Apr 22, 2003, 1:23:12 PM4/22/03
> Mr Spacy <mr_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe the new system is working (and payments being paid in/out) But
> > few things on the management side (keeping of stats etc) is taking it's
> > time. Plus the new system can not deal with NRP applications at the
> > moment, the will want to iron out these errors first before the go live.

I've spoken to a few people who are working on the new system. Maybe it's
different in the various centres but the impression I got was far less
positive.
They say that the system is still extremely buggy and is crashing all the
time. The telephony system connected to it doesn't behave as it should.
There's huge problems with cases that have migrated from the old system and
the finance procedures are ten times as complicated as they were.

It really put it into perspective for me when I was told that in the
South-East centre only 60 cases have so far made it through to the assessed
stage (and many of those were nil assessments). There's a couple of hundred
case officers working on new-rules at the moment so that makes a average of
around 0.25 each in six weeks!
Admittedly there's bound to be teething problems and this average will
surely grow - but wasn't the whole point of this new system to significantly
speed the process up?

Having said all that it does look as if all of the old rules cases will
start to be moved on to the new system in the summer. Provided that the
whole thing doesn't collapse soon after, a date has been pencilled in for
March/April 2004 to convert all these cases to new rules.

As it seems that in a few months time we'll all be on the new system (albeit
still under old rules) we will soon find out exactly just how bad these
problems are.

> Ah! In discussions with people outside Usenet, that has been a serious
> problem. The CSA appeared to be saying that the inability was to do with
the
> law.
>
> What IS the issue? Is it to do with the computer system? With their
processes?
> (Or indeed legislation)?

I've been told it was an oversight in the design process - basically the CSA
didn't ask for NRP applications to be included in the programming and so it
wasn't.
This problem is apparently due to be rectified in a June update of the
system.

Lee.