Advice on porn vids

Matt H

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Can anyone give me some advice? I'm thinking of ordering a porn vid from a
company in Amsterdam. I asked for details and they told me they ship them by
normal parcel post.

Does anyone have any idea how likely it is that Customs would stop the
parcel? Is it worth the risk? (I've already had a video from the US stopped
in the past, and they sent me a letter telling me it would be destroyed!).

If anyone can advise me, please mail me!
Matt :o)

Tom Jordaan

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Matt H <mph...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone give me some advice? I'm thinking of ordering a porn vid from a
> company in Amsterdam. I asked for details and they told me they ship them by
> normal parcel post.

> Does anyone have any idea how likely it is that Customs would stop the
> parcel?

Anecdotal evidence from uk.media.animation.anime is that the
likelihood is high, since you've already had something seized, unless
it was more than a year ago. For a year after something's been seized,
they will open everything you import, apparently, even if it turns out
to be innocuous.

> Is it worth the risk? (I've already had a video from the US stopped
> in the past, and they sent me a letter telling me it would be destroyed!).

Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...

--
Tom Jordaan - ranma.spam *will* bounce, remove the spam thing.
"You'd better stop. Hasukawa's eyes are about to pop right out."

Andy Leese

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
some company claims to dispatch from within UK -- dunno who it was but it
was in the back of Boyz

--

Andy
ICQ 48870807

Tom Jordaan <ranma...@phlebas.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

PaulS

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Matt H wrote:

> Can anyone give me some advice? I'm thinking of ordering a porn vid from a
> company in Amsterdam. I asked for details and they told me they ship them by
> normal parcel post.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how likely it is that Customs would stop the
> parcel? Is it worth the risk? (I've already had a video from the US stopped

> in the past, and they sent me a letter telling me it would be destroyed!).

And I was with a friend (no, it is not me!) a few nights ago who wanted
to go to a certain gay porn vid store, only to be told that it ha dbeen
raided and closed down.

I often think this i a stupid bloody country sometimes!

Paul S

Pete Baggett

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Only sometimes!

It's a bloody stupid country, full stop.

--
Pete Baggett <Wulfr...@bigfoot.com>
My Web Page:-

PaulS

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

Not always - this country has produced Steps.

<thinks>

Scrap what I just said above.

Paul S

Tom Jordaan

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Andy Leese <an...@blue.NOSPAM.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> some company claims to dispatch from within UK -- dunno who it was but it
> was in the back of Boyz

Well, yes - that's one way of doing it. They take all the risk of actually
getting the material through Customs in the first place and of being
prosecuted, while you reap the rewards, so to speak. ^_^

Once the material's in the UK, the only thing that can be done is
prosecuting the supplier, if the tapes are being supplied uncertified.
(The fines for this are something like £20,000 per copy supplied, I
gather.)

Niles

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

Pete Baggett <g4...@btinternet.com> wrote:

|It's a bloody stupid country, full stop.

But would you live anywhere else, given the choice?

--
Hear the one about the child | Niles, Leominster
eating monster? | ICQ UIN 12724766

Matthew Malthouse

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
In article <=NHmN0ueIw1N8w...@4ax.com>,
Niles <alex....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

} Pete Baggett <g4...@btinternet.com> wrote:
}
} |
} |
} |It's a bloody stupid country, full stop.
}
} But would you live anywhere else, given the choice?

"Choice" for me comes down to job oportunities. Were one likely to find
such I'd give France a try and maybe Italy too although I don't speak
Italian. As my saleable skils are in publishing rather than computing per
se the language barrier is a considerable one and my French isn't good
enough.

Matthew

--
Ecce Eduardus Ursus scalis nunc tump-tump-tump occpite gradus pulsante...
http://www.calmeilles.demon.co.uk/index.html

Pete Baggett

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:16:04 BST, Niles <alex....@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

|Pete Baggett <g4...@btinternet.com> wrote:

||It's a bloody stupid country, full stop.
|
|But would you live anywhere else, given the choice?

Yes.

Grégoire

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Matthew Malthouse wrote:

> my French isn't good enough.

[recognizes cue and pops up from drink]

Oh come on, you *are* bloody good at it! I remember that long
conversation you had with us last year on the terrace, and it was all in
French! Besides, and I still think your oral French isn't rusty at all,
your written one may even be better, which is what publishing is all
about, isn't it?

Greg

Matthew Malthouse

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <37EA93...@smtp.wanadoo.fr>,
"Grégoire" Kretz <gregoir...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

<blush> I wasn't fishing for compliments, honest.

It's true that my spoken French improves with a little use, but my written
suffers similar spelling mistakes as my English.

Grégoire Kretz

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Matthew Malthouse wrote:

> It's true that my spoken French improves with a little use

... and a little Calvados....

(ducks and runs)

G.

Reeshar

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:50:46 BST, "Grégoire" Kretz
<gregoir...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Matthew Malthouse wrote:
>
> > my French isn't good enough.

<nip> <ouch>

> I still think your oral French isn't rusty at all,

ROTFL

I'm glad to hear it, Matthew!

When do we, errm, get to sample it?

Reeshar

G.A.Radford

Sep 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/25/99
"Grégoire" Kretz <gregoir...@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Matthew Malthouse wrote:
>
> > my French isn't good enough.
>

> [recognizes cue and pops up from drink]
>
> Oh come on, you *are* bloody good at it! I remember that long
> conversation you had with us last year on the terrace, and it was all in
> French! Besides, and I still think your oral French isn't rusty at all,
> your written one may even be better, which is what publishing is all
> about, isn't it?

Well, this is an interesting one. I, personally speak english better
than spanish. The simple reason for this is that I have been studying
in England for the past 9 years or so (since January 1990 if anyone
cares), and while I have spent most of the holidays back at home, lack
of practise has made my spanish speaking fairly bad, though it's still
better than my French.

My friends notice that I have to work at getting back into "spanish
mode", and it takes longer every time. The average random punter might
notice I have a slightly weird accent (and it is not particularly
weird), but I can carry on a fairly normal day-to-day conversation
with them fairly effortlessly. I am slower at speaking than most
spaniards, though not by much, and I am known to stutter and just stop
in the middle of a sentence to try and remember the word I intended to
use. The more time I spend in spain, the less this happens.

My Spanish writing on the other hand is awful. Not having had any
formal Spanish lessons since the age of 10, I have a 10-year-old's
writing style. I am currently attempting remedial IRC for this :)

Once I Finish My Degree(tm) I aim to go and spend at least a couple of
years working in spain, just to try and bring my spanish back up to
the speed I would like it to have.

But I digress...

Assuming Michael wants to work in France, this would mean exposure to
french computers, which is his area of expertise AFAIK. If the French
translations of the Operating systems and programs are similar to the
Spanish ones I've necountered than he probably will have some
problems. No French course to my knowledge teaches you computer jargon
and terminology, something that can get very confusing when you
realise that many of the phrases used in dialog boxes, menus, and the
like are literally, rather than liberally, translated from the
english. I find it painful to use spanish OSs, seeing how bad some of
the translation work is.

Then again, Unix is Unix is Unix, and will most likely be in english,
so that might not be too much of a disadvantage.

Now, programs/shell scripts/etc. in a foreign language are really
painful to work with.

Moof - From lost to the river
--
G. A. Radford, Moofing at you from Canterbury, UK.
"The Internet is not a network of computers - it is a network of humans...

Matthew Malthouse

Sep 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/25/99
In article <GGnrN4pT7FSUZn...@4ax.com>,
Reeshar <cat...@freeuk.com> wrote:

} On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:50:46 BST, "Grégoire" Kretz
} <gregoir...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
}

} > Matthew Malthouse wrote:
} >
} > > my French isn't good enough.
}

} <nip> <ouch>

}
} > I still think your oral French isn't rusty at all,
}

} ROTFL
}
} I'm glad to hear it, Matthew!
}
} When do we, errm, get to sample it?

I keep meaning to pay a return visit to my old holiday haunts in the hills
between Céret and Prades. Maybe next summer I'll come and haunt you...

Matthew Malthouse

Sep 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/25/99
In article <37EB51...@smtp.wanadoo.fr>,
Grégoire Kretz <gregoir...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

} > It's true that my spoken French improves with a little use
}
} ... and a little Calvados....
}
} (ducks and runs)

Also true.

Unfortunately although Niles and Dennis were in the company when we made a
large dent in your gift to Martin I don't recall any French being spoken
under the inmfluence...

Reeshar

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99
On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:27:04 BST, use...@calmeilles.demon.co.uk
(Matthew Malthouse) wrote:

> I keep meaning to pay a return visit to my old holiday haunts in the hills
> between Céret and Prades.

Prades we go past/through regularly. Went to see Pablo Casals play
there, many moons ago. Never really visited Ceret, although Eleanor is
curious to see a bullfight... Yes, I realise that won't go down well
with some people here.

> Maybe next summer I'll come and haunt you...

*laugh*

Please do!

Adrian keeps trying to persuade me into a uk.glb outing to my place in
the south of France... It's just such a long way!

Richard

Matthew Malthouse

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99
In article <KVfvN2G4JM36hw...@4ax.com>,
Reeshar <cat...@freeuk.com> wrote:

} > I keep meaning to pay a return visit to my old holiday haunts in the
hills
} > between Céret and Prades.
}
} Prades we go past/through regularly. Went to see Pablo Casals play
} there, many moons ago. Never really visited Ceret, although Eleanor is
} curious to see a bullfight... Yes, I realise that won't go down well
} with some people here.

There's a rather odd Picasso museum, quite a lot of ceramics which I wasn't
aware Picasso worked with until I went there.

Niles

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99

Matthew Malthouse wrote:

Unfortunately although Niles and Dennis were in the company when we made a

> large dent in your gift to Martin I don't recall any French being spoken
> under the inmfluence...

Tsk, you needed only ask!

Niles

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99

Paul

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99

>Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...

For a cheap means of getting to Amsterdam take a look at

Midnight Express.

http://www.midnightexpress.demon.co.uk/

The owner is gay friendly.

"The current price of £99 includes 2 nights accomodation and all return
transport by coach & ferry for the weekend. "

Midnight Express
25 Northload Street
Glastonbury
Somerset
BA6 9JJ

Tel/Fax: 01458 835919

If anyone knows of a better deal please post a reply with details, I would
be interested in one that leaves from somewhere near Manchester.

Also have you thought of asking around and exchanging copies?

I bought some cards for a Lesbian friend while I was last there and customs
got on the coach on the way back, I was getting very worried, but
fortunatley they did not check us for things like that.

A Landlord near here has a great stock of Vids from his trips to Amsterdam,
many people swap copies, it works out a lot cheaper and a lot less risky
than bringing them home with you or hoping that they get through the UK
postal system.

The post office seem very keen to check everything coming from Amsterdam, so
if I was you I wouldn't risk the cash and the subsequent hassle.

Dave Williams

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
Paul <pa...@gtr.com> wrote:
: If anyone knows of a better deal please post a reply with details, I would

: be interested in one that leaves from somewhere near Manchester.

Not from Manchester, sadly. The cheapest way I've managed (I think)
was the seacat from Harwich to the Hook of Holland. 36 quid return
from memory, but once you lump train fares in there's not a lot to
choose between it and a flight from Heathrow. Having said that,
that's pretty-much walk-on, whereas cheapie flights generally become
expensive flights if left too late. Plus you can walk around the
various bits of the seacat happily enough.

Dave.
Coincidentally in Amsterdam next weekend. Not by seacat.

Iain Bowen

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
In article <37f55932...@news.demon.co.uk>,
MYM <ne...@druidic.isles.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:59:17 BST, "Paul" <pa...@gtr.com> wrote:
>

>>>Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...
>>>
>>For a cheap means of getting to Amsterdam take a look at
>>
>>Midnight Express.
>>
>>http://www.midnightexpress.demon.co.uk/
>
>travelling in a minibus, and staying in a dormitory, with dope heads....

Precisely. AMS can be flown to remarkably cheaply from most places. I am
currently aware of Ł69 from Thiefrow or Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham
and Ł39 from Liverpool or Luton.

Failing that there are Eurostar excursion fares at Ł89 to any station in the
Netherlands - although that's a bit of a trek (there again, so is a minibus).

There are plenty of small, cheaper hotels as well and the dopehead dorms are
well worth a miss - especially if you aren't a dopehead.

Iain
--
\/ "Tolerate Weird Pizza(tm) one day, and find youself staring down the barrel
of a twelve-gauge the next." Geoff Miller in ba.food

mik

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99

MYM <ne...@druidic.isles.net> wrote

>> http://www.midnightexpress.demon.co.uk/
> travelling in a minibus, and staying in a dormitory, with dope
heads....

well, that covers about 50% of the tourists in amsterdam

from that page:

"Don't forget our special £49 Millenium trip departing 30th
December 1999. Please phone for details of this 'Once in
a lifetime' trip to Europe's biggest ever street party! "

i've not heard of a street party in amsterdam, but the city
does usually feel like a friendly warzone on new year's eve
with all the fireworks around.

mik

--
who had a fab time at the (finally) re-opened iT yesterday

Gordon

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99
mik wrote in message <7t7q5p$4rb$4...@weber.a2000.nl>...

>>> http://www.midnightexpress.demon.co.uk/

>from that page:
>
> "Don't forget our special £49 Millenium trip departing 30th
> December 1999. Please phone for details of this 'Once in
> a lifetime' trip to Europe's biggest ever street party! "

SleazyJet is offering UKP40 return from London or Liverpool at the mo, for
those who book on the net. Not sure what dates apply, but it may be the most
cost-effective option for some. (BTW I see Debonair's gone bust.)

>i've not heard of a street party in amsterdam

It'll be too bloody cold. In fact it already is:(
--
Gordon

Dave Williams

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99
Gordon <gor...@cable.a2000.nl> wrote:
: SleazyJet is offering UKP40 return from London or Liverpool at the mo, for

: those who book on the net. Not sure what dates apply, but it may be the most
: cost-effective option for some. (BTW I see Debonair's gone bust.)

Hum. Easyjet just quoted a last-minute booking for a friend at better
than 150 quid return, apparently. Which surprised me no end as well :( -
KLM and British Midland both beat that hands down, and neither of 'em
are usually particularly cheap IME.

40 quid sounds good, but after my last Easyjet experience (return
flight from Schipol scheduled for early evening, kept waiting at
the gate until gone 10pm, and then bounced to a hotel for the
night because a tyre had burst on the aircraft and they didn't
have replacements available 'in the country') I won't be risking it
again. As excuses go for getting into work late of a Monday it's
a bit off...

Dave.

St Erroneous

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99
mik <michael@[at]@michaeln.demon.nl> seems to write:
[holidays in hampsterdamned]

>from that page:
> "Don't forget our special £49 Millenium trip departing 30th
> December 1999. Please phone for details of this 'Once in
> a lifetime' trip to Europe's biggest ever street party! "

Peeve: All trips are "once in a lifetime".

Entropy points one way, one way only. Seize the fish, whilst it yet
wriggles.

-michael E
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous http://www.erroneous.demon.co.uk/
"You and me, we're in this together now ICQ 44119217

Paul

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
Sounds like fun;-)
MYM <ne...@druidic.isles.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:59:17 BST, "Paul" <pa...@gtr.com> wrote:
>

> >>Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...
> >>
> >For a cheap means of getting to Amsterdam take a look at
> >
> >Midnight Express.
> >
> >http://www.midnightexpress.demon.co.uk/
>
> travelling in a minibus, and staying in a dormitory, with dope heads....
>

> --
> mym
> O plunge your hands in water,
> Plunge them in up to the wrist;
> Stare, stare in the basin
> And wonder what you've missed.
> WH Auden - As I Walked Out One Evening

Gordon

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
Dave Williams wrote in message <7t8727$fnu$1...@basil.clues.com>...

>40 quid sounds good, but after my last Easyjet experience (return
>flight from Schipol scheduled for early evening, kept waiting at
>the gate until gone 10pm, and then bounced to a hotel for the
>night because a tyre had burst on the aircraft and they didn't
>have replacements available 'in the country') I won't be risking it
>again. As excuses go for getting into work late of a Monday it's
>a bit off...

Yes, you are not alone in that fate from what I've heard. Was the hotel as
no-frills as the onboard service? (And was there anywhere to go out in
godforsaken Luton?)

THE Adrian

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
### "Paul" <pa...@gtr.com> wrote:

>>Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...
>>
>For a cheap means of getting to Amsterdam take a look at

Today (or whenever Monday was again....) I booked a flight to
amsterdam flying out tomorrow and back thursday for £49 + taxes.
Fly. It's always cheaper - unless u need your car of course.....
--
THE Adrian *** ICQ 43690725 *** P L U R
tel: +44 701 0701 449

Dave Williams

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
Gordon <gor...@cable.a2000.nl> wrote:
: Yes, you are not alone in that fate from what I've heard. Was the hotel as

: no-frills as the onboard service? (And was there anywhere to go out in
: godforsaken Luton?)

The hotel was a room with a bed. TV and food being a cost-extra.
(It was one of the Airport Hotels near Schipol)

Dave

Iain Bowen

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
In article <b2z5N7OKpIiiAq...@4ax.com>,

THE Adrian <use...@diatom.net> wrote:
>### "Paul" <pa...@gtr.com> wrote:
>

>>>Probably not. You might be better off with a day trip to Amsterdam...
>>>
>>For a cheap means of getting to Amsterdam take a look at
>
>Today (or whenever Monday was again....) I booked a flight to
>amsterdam flying out tomorrow and back thursday for £49 + taxes.
>Fly. It's always cheaper - unless u need your car of course.....

I, for some bizarre reason, have become the office flight booker[0]
and today I blagged a pair of LHR-AMS tickets for £39 each including
taxes with British Midland for the weekend after next for a co-orker.

Iain "still waiting for his weeks work in .nl" Bowen

[0] I think it is because I understand the trade[1] and can use Expedia
swiftly and without consequence. Little do they know that their tickets
end up getting me FF miles.

[1] Six months as a "Saturday" boy in the early 80's.

mik

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99

Dave Williams <da...@clues.com> wrote

> Hum. Easyjet just quoted a last-minute booking for a friend at
better
> than 150 quid return, apparently.

yes, with easyjet the policy is simple: the earlier you book, the
cheaper the flight.

> KLM and British Midland both beat that hands down, and neither
> of 'em are usually particularly cheap IME.

i've never paid more than about £65 for a flight to london
(excluding taxes), and i've often booked just one day in
advance. but i know that the prices to fly from england
on klm / klm uk (klm uk are changing their name back to air uk,
btw) are usually much higher than the other way around.

> 40 quid sounds good, but after my last Easyjet experience

the problem with easyjet is that they only have a few number
of planes, and much less support at most airports than most
major airlines. if a klm plane is f***ed at heathrow, they'll
probably have another plane ready, or have extra parts ready
there. if an easyjet plane is f***ed they usually have to fly
technicians and material over first.

mik

--
back to silverwing

pete-d

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
On Tue, 05 Oct 1999, Gordon wrote:

>Yes, you are not alone in that fate from what I've heard. Was the hotel as
>no-frills as the onboard service? (And was there anywhere to go out in
>godforsaken Luton?)

I dunno, but I once knew a nice young man from up the road in teddington...

pete
--
Pete Denton - accessing the net with SuSE Linux since 13/07/99

ICQ #6933855

JohnM

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
In article <7tdofb$7re$2...@weber.a2000.nl>, mik <michael@[at]> writes

>Dave Williams <da...@clues.com> wrote
>>
>> Hum. Easyjet just quoted a last-minute booking for a friend at
>better
>> than 150 quid return, apparently.
>
>yes, with easyjet the policy is simple: the earlier you book, the
>cheaper the flight.
>
>> KLM and British Midland both beat that hands down, and neither
>> of 'em are usually particularly cheap IME.
>
>i've never paid more than about £65 for a flight to london
>(excluding taxes), and i've often booked just one day in
>advance.

It's ages since I've paid for a flight to AMS; they have all come
out of my Air Miles.

--
JohnM
What people write on CVs #9

"Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you, shorty!"

Web site http://www.scroll.demon.co.uk/spaver.htm
South African travelogue http://www.scroll.demon.co.uk/za.htm

mik

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99

JohnM <jo...@scroll.demon.co.uk> wrote

> It's ages since I've paid for a flight to AMS; they have all come
> out of my Air Miles.

it's ages since i've paid for a flight anywhere; they all come
out of someone else's pocket.

mik

--
what's the english expression for "baas boven baas"?

THE Adrian

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Hi Jeroen,

Good to meet you and the others Wednesday evening. Paul S told me
that the "Amsterdam kiss" was a kiss to each cheek then a smacker on
the lips, not the kiss on each cheek and then a peck on the lips which
it is really. Sorry if I scared you! But you looked so kissable :-)

mik

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Jeroen <j...@dds.nl> wrote

> I'm not sure if that is _the_ Amsterdam kiss. Four on the
> cheecks has become sort of a standard,

i thought it was three. one on each cheek, and then,
depending on how much you fancy the person, a third
on the mouth or on the cheek.

> for both straight and gay men.

yes, straigh men seem to kiss more and more these days.
i remember watching a bit of the dutch annual film awards,
and a presented wanted to interview an actor. but before
he could say something, the actor had put his tongue in
the interviewers mouth.

can you understand why we dutch laugh about all the
commotion about _the_ kiss in roseanne?

> Mikkie always adds a peck on the lips before or after
> the kisses.

sometimes i add much much more. sometimes i kiss _all_
cheeks.

mik

Paul S

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
mik wrote:

> Jeroen <j...@dds.nl> wrote
> >
> > I'm not sure if that is _the_ Amsterdam kiss. Four on the
> > cheecks has become sort of a standard,
>
> i thought it was three. one on each cheek, and then,
> depending on how much you fancy the person, a third
> on the mouth or on the cheek.
>
> > for both straight and gay men.
>
> yes, straigh men seem to kiss more and more these days.
> i remember watching a bit of the dutch annual film awards,
> and a presented wanted to interview an actor. but before
> he could say something, the actor had put his tongue in
> the interviewers mouth.
>
> can you understand why we dutch laugh about all the
> commotion about _the_ kiss in roseanne?

I like to think of myself as a touchy-feely person, but when I met Anco
[1] for the first time, he gave me three goodbye kisses in the middle of
Oxford Street and I felt very self-conscious about it.

> > Mikkie always adds a peck on the lips before or after
> > the kisses.
>
> sometimes i add much much more. sometimes i kiss _all_
> cheeks.

I don't think the Soho Bar [2] is quite ready for that. It's not the
dancefloor at Exit you know.

Paul S

[1] The "mother" of our Dutch sister group, nl.roze

[2] It's interior is done out as a typical English pub. With pictures
and posters of/from London on the ground floor and some of/from New York
on the first floor.

Gordon

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
mik wrote in message <7tn9u8$8ra$3...@weber.a2000.nl>...

>Jeroen <j...@dds.nl> wrote
>>
>> I'm not sure if that is _the_ Amsterdam kiss. Four on the
>> cheecks has become sort of a standard,
>
>i thought it was three. one on each cheek, and then,
>depending on how much you fancy the person, a third
>on the mouth or on the cheek.

I like it when it ends with one in the middle.

>> Mikkie always adds a peck on the lips before or after
>> the kisses.
>
>sometimes i add much much more. sometimes i kiss _all_
>cheeks.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier remark.