VRally2 'openness'

Alan L.M. Buxey

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
oh dear.

One PlayStation game comes along with a decent copy protection system
and ALL of the pirates come out of the woodwork whining and whinging
about it.

good. I hope that better and better protection is used. 29.99 for brand
new PlayStation releases is a good price-point.

People complaining about ORIGINAL games now working with chipped
playstations have a valid point....people moaning that they cant copy
Vrally2 dont!

alan

Paul Donovan

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
You obviously weren't around when MediEvil came out - that was the first
game to have this kind of protection. It was very satisfying watching all
the pirates get confused over that one.

Paul Donovan

Alan L.M. Buxey <kc...@central.susx.ac.uk> wrote in message

Ally

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
And I don't suppose you didn't copy Tape or a record that belonged to
a friend at some time

On 8 Jul 1999 14:28:13 GMT, kc...@central.susx.ac.uk (Alan L.M. Buxey)

Homesdude

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
Its just a matter of time.....as usual....
;)

grtz

psxzone

Paul Donovan <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws
7m2gdt$j9...@camsg001.camb.scee.sony.co.uk...

Rich Asplin

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
Ally <arcade...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> And I don't suppose you didn't copy Tape or a record that belonged to
> a friend at some time

However you try to justify your copying endeavours, you cannot hide the fact
that copying games is 'wrong'. You can't justify piracy - it just can't be
done, no matter how much you moan about the price of games.

--
Regards, Richard Asplin,
remove the 'banger' for email, man >> icq 2744548

vince_da_prince

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
Damn. Regarding "u r scum" or whatever his name was...he may have been
whacked, but it's easy to understand why he had a beef. Lots of mean people
in this NG.

Rich Asplin

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
vince_da_prince <orwel...@amerika.com> wrote in message

> Damn. Regarding "u r scum" or whatever his name was...he may have been
> whacked, but it's easy to understand why he had a beef. Lots of mean
people
> in this NG.

I don't remember "u r scum" to be honest with you.. I was probably drunk
while he was in this NG.. "Lots of mean people" in here? No.. This is the
only PlayStation group on usenet where the people are genuinely interested
gamers who want to support the companies who make games, rather than most of
the other groups where the questions are about how to copy games. Is it so
much to ask that one newsgroup be left for the game players and for the
warez puppies to leave it alone? I mean, the warez puppies already have a
shite-load of other NG's that they can ask for 'patches' and advice on how
to 'backup' the latest games.