Is There A Mailing List

Newman

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

Is there a Sony Playstation Mailing List?

Absolutely Barking Stars

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:22:19 -0000, "Newman" <new...@globalnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Is there a Sony Playstation Mailing List?

There are several. If you want the PAL specific one (which seems
likely as you have posted to the UK group). If you send the command
HELP in a mail message to

majo...@elmail.co.uk

that should get you on your way.

Current topics of discussion are

FF7 or Crack, which is more addictive?
What does TOCA stand for?
PS acronyms

TTFN
Jon

Jude Ashton

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Yes there is! My mate gets demo CDs sent to him well before the mags
release them. He says thats because he registered his playstation.

Wel I bought mine a month after it come out and registered it straight away.
I havent received nothing.

Julie Brandon

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Similarly, I've never received anything from Sony at-all.

Ta-ra
Julie

--
"Beware of bored sadists"
- my boyfriend (in pain)

John Hartridge

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Julie Brandon <ju...@merp.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<slrn67odb...@merp.demon.co.uk>...
I recently got a postcard advertising FFVII and I can only
think they got my name + address from the original registration
card I returned !

John

--
John Hartridge | FUJIFILM Electonic Imaging Ltd,
ext 3282 | Three Cherry Trees Lane,

Slacker

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

Me neither.

Bugger.

Andy Wallington

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

In article <01bcfa8a$b3ad2130$4838888f@tc5715>, John Hartridge
<john.ha...@ffei.co.uk> spoke forth in gleefull tones

>I recently got a postcard advertising FFVII and I can only
>think they got my name + address from the original registration
>card I returned !
>
>John

I also received the above card, plus a Time Crisis one this morning with
a free 5 quid off at any Virgin store.

Since registering my PS two years ago I have been sent approx 4 Demo
CDs, 3 of them just the updated Demo 1's that you get with newer PS's
and 1 V.I.P disk which had exclusive demos only available to registered
owners I believe.

On this topic does anybody have a contact name/address/email/phone no
for anyone in the registration dept? Due to the small spaces on the
registration card my D looked like an O so I always get mail addressed
to Anoy J Wallington which sounds more like a request ;-) and I want to
get it changed.

Cheers
Andy (please don't An(n)oy me)

Stephen Fenton

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

Nor me. Not a sausage.

Steve (disgruntled)

Jon

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:15:32 GMT, sfe...@sip.co.uk (Stephen Fenton)
wrote:

>Nor me. Not a sausage.
>
>Steve (disgruntled)

I haven't either!

Jon (hacked off)

Julie Brandon

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:15:32 GMT, Stephen Fenton did spake:

> Not a sausage.
>
>Steve (disgruntled)

Poor creature. Are you hungry?

I'll send ya one!!!!!

*8-)

Stephen Fenton

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

>Poor creature. Are you hungry?
>
>I'll send ya one!!!!!

Several crude responses come to mind...

simon

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

i registered mine and i have received two demo discs (the VIP one and the
rereleased d1 disc) and tickets to the playstation road show

from Simon Hutchinson
email : s....@easynet.co.uk
web : http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~s.mh
(web currently offline)

====
Slacker wrote in message <347D9558...@hotmail.com>...
====

Julie Brandon

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

>On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:15:32 GMT, sfe...@sip.co.uk (Stephen Fenton)
>wrote:
> Not a sausage.

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 21:16:56 GMT, Jon did spake:

>Jon (hacked off)

Oh dear! I would have imagined that would be quite painful wouldn't
it? (Hacking your sausage off, that is?) Did you use any
anaesthetic?

Ta-ra
Julie

Jon

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

On 29 Nov 1997 15:49:25 GMT, ju...@merp.demon.co.uk (Julie Brandon)
wrote:

>>On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:15:32 GMT, sfe...@sip.co.uk (Stephen Fenton)
>>wrote:
>> Not a sausage.
>>

>On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 21:16:56 GMT, Jon did spake:
>>
>>Jon (hacked off)
>
>Oh dear! I would have imagined that would be quite painful wouldn't
>it? (Hacking your sausage off, that is?) Did you use any
>anaesthetic?

Oh crap, I knew I'd forgotton something!

Slacker

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

Okay - I've checked this out:

You can register your PSX at any time by phone. The number to call is
0990 99 88 77 and you give them your name and address and the serial
number on the bottom of yer machine and tell them when you bought it.

I found out I wasn't registered after all, so maybe my postcard didn't
reach them, and the guy said they send stuff out every four months or so
(believe that when I see it), including demo discs and a newsletter.

For three Playstation game receipts and 5 tokens from cereal packets,
they will send you an exclusive "I like twiddling with my joypad" badge
and a Playstation pencil.

Only kidding. But apparently there's going to be a whole stack of
merchandise available soon.

M.

Julie Brandon

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

On Mon, 01 Dec 1997 12:10:09 +0000, Slacker did spake:

>I found out I wasn't registered after all, so maybe my postcard didn't
>reach them, and the guy said they send stuff out every four months or so
>(believe that when I see it), including demo discs and a newsletter.

[sigh]

That's a bloody awful lot of missing registration cards missing...

Latah

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

ju...@merp.demon.co.uk (Julie Brandon) wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:08:28 -0000, Jude Ashton <JU...@TBA.GOV.UK> wrote:
>>Yes there is! My mate gets demo CDs sent to him well before the mags
>>release them. He says thats because he registered his playstation.
>>
>>Wel I bought mine a month after it come out and registered it straight away.
>>I havent received nothing.
>
>Similarly, I've never received anything from Sony at-all.

I posted my PS registration to Sony in January '97 and have only just
received a reply from them.
I received:-
a) The "registered user demo 02" CD.
b) A blurb letter from Andrew Barker, Head of UK Customer Services,
SCUK.
c) An OPSM review booklet containing 22 game reviews / previews.
d) "Software 2" booklet containing games published by SCEE.

Bob de Jong

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

In message <3482A921...@hotmail.com>
Slacker <mart...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Okay - I've checked this out:
>
>You can register your PSX at any time by phone. The number to call is
>0990 99 88 77 and you give them your name and address and the serial
>number on the bottom of yer machine and tell them when you bought it.
>

>I found out I wasn't registered after all, so maybe my postcard didn't
>reach them, and the guy said they send stuff out every four months or so
>(believe that when I see it), including demo discs and a newsletter.
>

>Only kidding. But apparently there's going to be a whole stack of
>merchandise available soon.

OK but what if like me you have a second hand PSX bought from a local shop
but can't prove it!

--
_ ___
|_) _ |_ _| _ | _ ._ _ On an Acorn RPC governed at 202 MHz

Jon

Dec 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/31/97

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:06:36 -0000, "simon" <s....@easynet.co.uk>
wrote:

>i registered mine and i have received two demo discs (the VIP one and the
>rereleased d1 disc) and tickets to the playstation road show
>
>from Simon Hutchinson
>email : s....@easynet.co.uk
>web : http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~s.mh
>(web currently offline)

Bugger, I have recieved anything at all ever from Sony (I got that
FFVII postcard though)

Julie Brandon

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:03:50 GMT, Jon did spake:

>Bugger, I have recieved anything at all ever from Sony (I got that
>FFVII postcard though)

You aren't alone. It seems that Sony lost/bined a fair number of the
sent-in registration certificates.

Given the experience I've had with various aspects of Sony's customer
relations and after-sales behaviour, this doesn't surprise me in the
least!

(I only ever buy Sony consumer products now when I don't have much of
an equal alternative choice.)

Ta-ra
Julie

--
( Space left very intentionally blank!!! *8-) )