Medievil

The Black Jedi

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
I just got my free EB demo of Medievil yesterday and I must say, I
like it a lot.

The analogue control is sweet, the environments are large and varied,
and it seems like there are a lot of areas to come back to and explore
later. The music is fun, the voice acting hammy, the weapons and
lighting effects pretty cool. The rumbling with the Dual Shock isn't
overdone, but you can feel the ground shake when those zombies come
rising up out of the ground. Those whole game seems to rattle on at a
fair old pace, too.

There's the occasional clipping problem but I've come to expect that
from most Playstation games. And I hope it gets more difficult later,
as I haven't managed to be killed at all so far - the demo's limited
to ten minutes, and it was the time limit which finished me off each
time.

BJ

/ The Black Jedi \
| Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants |
\ Remove underpants to reply /

D. Booth

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
In article <35fe4487...@news.capethorn.net>,

I believe there's going to be a demo on next month's OPSM, too.

--
Dan B.

\\\///
o o

Matthew Ellis

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
The Black Jedi <Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> wrote in message
35fe4487...@news.capethorn.net...

>I just got my free EB demo of Medievil yesterday and I must say, I
>like it a lot.

Um, how did you get this? Did you just stroll in and ask for it?

Cheers
Matthew Ellis
m.t....@swansea.ac.uk

Andrew Taylor

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
Were you carrying a 12 boar at the time ?

@ndy

D. Booth

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
In article <6trcp2$94p$1...@news.swan.ac.uk>,

"Matthew Ellis" <m.t....@swansea.ac.uk> writes:
> The Black Jedi <Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> wrote in message
> 35fe4487...@news.capethorn.net...
>>I just got my free EB demo of Medievil yesterday and I must say, I
>>like it a lot.
>
> Um, how did you get this? Did you just stroll in and ask for it?
>
> Cheers
> Matthew Ellis
> m.t....@swansea.ac.uk

I believe you get the (limited edition) demo when you purchase Tekken 3 from EB (funnily, I got a Circuit Breakers add on disc
when I bought Tekken 3 at Game). Ummm.

Paul Irvine

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
The other Day "Matthew Ellis" <m.t....@swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

>The Black Jedi <Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> wrote in message
>35fe4487...@news.capethorn.net...
>>I just got my free EB demo of Medievil yesterday and I must say, I
>>like it a lot.
>
>Um, how did you get this? Did you just stroll in and ask for it?

I guess its free with a purchase OR you could try and hold them up with
a silver Scorpion gun ;)
--
Paul..

Looking for a C64 game, util or Emulator?

then read the FAQ at www.dellos.demon.co.uk

ICQ No: 105793

Paul Irvine

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
The other Day "Andrew Taylor" <an...@hot-shot.com> wrote:

>Were you carrying a 12 boar at the time ?
>
>@ndy

2 arms, 12 boars...Nah...12 mink maybe....

The Black Jedi

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:26:42 +0100, "Matthew Ellis"
<m.t....@swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

>The Black Jedi <Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> wrote in message
>35fe4487...@news.capethorn.net...
>>I just got my free EB demo of Medievil yesterday and I must say, I
>>like it a lot.
>
>Um, how did you get this? Did you just stroll in and ask for it?

Free when you buy Tekken 3. Or actually, free several days after you
buy Tekken 3 as they somehow managed to get stocks of Tekken 3 long
before the stocks of the free demo...

BTW, it's possible to get to a "To be continued..." message just
before you fight the first "boss" monster just within the 10 minute
limit. Looks like I'll just have to buy the game now...