Eye Toy PC Drivers

five

Mar 28, 2004, 8:50:08 AM3/28/04
How to get your EyeToy working as a webcam in Win2k;
(with thanks to Daniel Wild)

http://support.dlink.com/

Use drop down boxes to locate drivers for;
D-Link DSB-C310 (Rev B1)
Download driver from D-Link

Unzip to a folder
Go to folder, locate OV519.inf,
Right click file,
Properties>Untick 'Read Only'

Open OV519.inf in Notepad
Edit>Replace

Replace
VID_05A9&PID_8519
with
VID_054C&PID_0154
Select 'Replace All'
Save OV519.inf

Then, plug your Eye Toy into the USB port, wait for it to be recognised and
install the drivers' in the normal way using the Have Disk option at the
prompt and the modified OV519.inf file.
(double check which drivers you're installing as my Win2k attempted
to install its own driver)

During the installation, you'll get a system box with ???? in it...this is
the 50Hz/60Hz option setting. I set it to 50Hz for now.
That's it.
The software to view the webcam output is included in the driver pack...
AMCAP.EXE, Options>Tick Preview
You should now get a picture of whatever your EyeToy is pointed at.

Can someone test this with another version of Windows than 2000, please?

regards
five

Chris

Mar 28, 2004, 11:31:07 AM3/28/04
In article <mKA9c.5686$1h7....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>, a...@z.com
says...

> How to get your EyeToy working as a webcam in Win2k;
> (with thanks to Daniel Wild)

I'm using Win2K, and I can't get it to work. Windows detects an "Eyetoy
USB camera Namtai", but is unable to locate a suitable driver in the
folder containing my modified .inf.

Chris

Chris

Mar 28, 2004, 12:04:05 PM3/28/04
In article <MPG.1ad10e27b...@news.ndo.com>, m...@privacy.net
says...

Progress: if I use 0155 instead of 0154 for the second part of the ID,
it allows the installation to continue. Then it bitches about a .set
file not being available. Grr.

Chris

five

Mar 28, 2004, 1:57:42 PM3/28/04

You just replaced the VID and PID codes, yes? I originally changed all of
the references to 05A9 and 8519 to 054C and 0154 and got the same .set
error. It seems that one of the .set files has 8519 in the filename and if
you just change all references to 8619 to 0154 then this breaks the install.
Start again by unzipping the driver files and specifically change the VID
and PID codes only (4 references if I remember correctly).

HTH
five

froggy

Mar 28, 2004, 4:07:47 PM3/28/04
Works under XP professional...cheers!!

Kind Regards,
Dave.

Gorf

Mar 30, 2004, 10:45:51 AM3/30/04
"five" <a...@z.com> wrote in message

But what's the quality like?!

--
Gorf

Jesus Saves! Passes to Moses, he shoot's... HE SCORES!!!

Andy Pandy

Mar 30, 2004, 1:34:32 PM3/30/04

"froggy" <frogman...@NOSPAMtiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> Works under XP professional...cheers!!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dave.

How did you get it to work under XP Pro ?

I've tried simply by editing the ov519.inf and doing the replace all as per
instructions but I get the problems others were having about the device not
being able to recognise any drivers in the directory....

Andy

ammo...@cc.full.stop.helsinki.fi

Mar 30, 2004, 1:39:32 PM3/30/04
Andy Pandy <and...@nospampleasethefunhouse.plus.com> wrote:

> I've tried simply by editing the ov519.inf and doing the replace all
> as per instructions but I get the problems others were having about
> the device not being able to recognise any drivers in the directory....

If Windows complains about a missing "function driver" and you have the
camera connected to a hub, try connecting it directly to your computer.

-a

Andy Pandy

Mar 30, 2004, 1:47:55 PM3/30/04

<ammo...@cc.full.stop.helsinki.fi> wrote in message

Nope. Connected directly already. Comes up as an "Eyetoy USB Camera Namtai"
in device manager. If I try and do an update driver and "install from a list
or specific location (advanced)" then do an "include this location in the
search" or "don't search, I will choose" etc. and point it at the ov519.inf
file it still says the specified location does not contain information about
your hardware.

Andy

five

Mar 30, 2004, 2:18:36 PM3/30/04

Some people on the PS2 Beta Forum have said theirs are running at 640x480
60fps.

Chris

Mar 30, 2004, 3:08:33 PM3/30/04
In article <vkjac.28363$Y%6.33...@wards.force9.net>,
and...@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com says...

> Nope. Connected directly already. Comes up as an "Eyetoy USB Camera Namtai"
> in device manager. If I try and do an update driver and "install from a list
> or specific location (advanced)" then do an "include this location in the
> search" or "don't search, I will choose" etc. and point it at the ov519.inf
> file it still says the specified location does not contain information about
> your hardware.

Where you've used 0154 in the device ID (the string you replaced in the
.inf), try using 0155 instead.

Chris

froggy

Mar 30, 2004, 3:15:18 PM3/30/04
"Andy Pandy" <and...@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in message

Andy,

Did you edit the file in notepad? It's not added a '.txt' extension has it
by any chance (i.e. 'ov519.inf.txt'). If not then don't know - worked
straight away for me!

(Set up a webcam website this afternoon in fact!!!)

Good luck,
Dave.

Andy Sinclair

Mar 31, 2004, 6:35:18 AM3/31/04
five wrote:
>Can someone test this with another version of Windows than 2000, please?

I have it working with 98SE, although I did have to update the IDs in
the ov519.txt as well as the .inf file.

Andy

Andy Pandy

Mar 31, 2004, 1:03:18 PM3/31/04

"froggy" <frogman...@NOSPAMtiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

tried the "0155" instead of "0154" as mentioned by Chris in another post
(Thanks Chris!) and it now works under XP !!!

Having a play now :-)

Andy

hotty

Jan 3, 2005, 5:48:57 PM1/3/05
it wont work please help me i dnt realy understand the instructions
please make them a bit more clearer im only 14 do u not hav an easy
read for young people of my age thankyou please help XxX cobi XxX

rajun...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 6:33:16 AM4/18/14