ECTS....No Sony?

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Just got my Full pass and the usual floor plan mag shows 2 omissions.

Both Sony and Sega are not mentioned as being exhibitors. It does say
that Sony products will be on show (a rather silly article) but looks
like Sony are elsewhere..??

All the other big names are mentioned with only Sony's CD mastering side
listed.

Sega we knew might not be there but the B & W floor plan proves it.

But luckily for us Cryo will be there :)

PS Iain or Paul, what's the deal with the Sony thing, you all mentioned
being down for the show so surely Sony Europe has some stand presence
there?

C'mon guys...I need tee-shirts and mugs :) Plus baby sized stuff :)

--
Paul Irvine

"So, its an old game..but its a GOOD old game!"

niaz khan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
What is the other big stand at the show there is one for nintendo & looking
at the floor plan there is another big stand who's is that?

Niaz

Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in article
<37bb535b...@news.freeserve.net>...

niaz khan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
I have just had a look on there web site G700 is SONY, I think you might
have madea mistake paul.

Paul Donovan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Paul Donovan <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote in message

> Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> > PS Iain or Paul, what's the deal with the Sony thing, you all mentioned
> > being down for the show so surely Sony Europe has some stand presence
> > there?

I've just checked the floorplan on www.ects.com, and we are on stand G700,
which looks like it's in the same place as it was last year.

--
Paul Donovan
SCEE Cambridge

Paul Donovan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> PS Iain or Paul, what's the deal with the Sony thing, you all mentioned
> being down for the show so surely Sony Europe has some stand presence
> there?

I've no idea. We send off for our passes just like everyone else (only
marketing types and managers go there officially). Hopefully we'll get told
what is going on soon. As long as there's a huge party, I don't care where
the stand is...

Graham Goring

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
In article <01bee3ed$8c16a080$4b66...@niaz-khan.blackwell.co.uk>, niaz
khan <niaz...@hotmail.com> writes

>What is the other big stand at the show there is one for nintendo & looking
>at the floor plan there is another big stand who's is that?

Well, Nintendo is on G410 (the biggun' in the main hall), G700 is SONY
who have the same slot as last year in the separate hall (which will no
doubt be hot enough to boil water by the afternoon), those are the only
two really big buggers.

Interestingly I can't find Virgin Interactive listed anywhere, but it
could be that they've got G150 (which is the first big pair of stands
you see coming in the main entranceway) as there's nobody credited to
that stand in the brochure.

Graham Goring

--

/========================================================\ Cheeses That
| "And lo, it came to pass that The Evil One eventually | I Have Eaten
| uploaded his most despicable of web pages. And there | No. 03
| befell a time of much wailing and gnashing of teeth." |
| Book Of Brevelation - The New Toastament | A Nice Mild
\==== http://www.duketastrophy.demon.co.uk/index.htm ====/ Stilton

niaz khan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Remembering from last year Nintendo had a lot of old games on display even
Mario, So if they have the same idea this year there stand should be packed
with old games. Having said that I am looking forward to perfect dark -
playable please mr rare?

--
Niaz

Graham Goring <gra...@dukeVOMITtastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<JnnzOPAD...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk>...

Jose Cardoso

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Graham Goring <gra...@dukeVOMITtastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Interestingly I can't find Virgin Interactive listed anywhere, but it
> could be that they've got G150 (which is the first big pair of stands
> you see coming in the main entranceway) as there's nobody credited to
> that stand in the brochure.
>
> Graham Goring

Nah, according to the website it seems that G150 has gone to Acclaim
Entertainment.

No sign of Virgin Interactive whatsoever on the online floor plan.

--
Jose Cardoso.
Internet Support Consultant,

niaz khan

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Have virgin got anything to show this year then?

The best capcom deals have gone to Eidos from what I know, which isn't
much.

--
Niaz

Jose Cardoso <jcar...@gentia.block.com> wrote in article
<934378568.27082.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

Jim M

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
"Jose Cardoso" <jcar...@gentia.block.com> wrote:

>Graham Goring <gra...@dukeVOMITtastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Interestingly I can't find Virgin Interactive listed anywhere, but it
>> could be that they've got G150 (which is the first big pair of stands
>> you see coming in the main entranceway) as there's nobody credited to
>> that stand in the brochure.
>>
>> Graham Goring
>>

>Nah, according to the website it seems that G150 has gone to Acclaim
>Entertainment.
>
>No sign of Virgin Interactive whatsoever on the online floor plan.

Didn't Virgin get bought-out by EA this year ? And all that fuss over Thrill
Kill and EA not liking it, so they binned it ?

Just guessing...

Jimbo
--
@ Derbyshire

Jose Cardoso

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Jim M <}news{@brit-cit.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

No, you're right. Forgot all about it.

Could explain why they aren't here :)

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:

>Paul Donovan <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > PS Iain or Paul, what's the deal with the Sony thing, you all mentioned
>> > being down for the show so surely Sony Europe has some stand presence
>> > there?

>I've just checked the floorplan on www.ects.com, and we are on stand G700,

>which looks like it's in the same place as it was last year.

Thanks Paul, looks like the Adv pass booklet is old as it does show the
G700 but does not say who is in it (well spotted Niaz)..

Now I know its the same place I think I might buy a bucket of ice before
I enter there :)

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The other Day "niaz khan" <niaz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is the other big stand at the show there is one for nintendo & looking
>at the floor plan there is another big stand who's is that?
>

>Niaz

Hurrah...Sony :)

The great Mug hunt is on still :)))

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The other Day "niaz khan" <niaz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have just had a look on there web site G700 is SONY, I think you might
>have madea mistake paul.

Yep, that bloody floor plan we got sent is out of date it seems.

If you look at stand G232 you will see Imagine Software :)

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The other Day Graham Goring <gra...@dukeVOMITtastrophy.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>Interestingly I can't find Virgin Interactive listed anywhere, but it
>could be that they've got G150 (which is the first big pair of stands
>you see coming in the main entranceway) as there's nobody credited to
>that stand in the brochure.
>
>Graham Goring

Hmm....them seem to be in deep crap from what I have heard?

Jimbo

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:41:50 GMT, mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk (Paul
Irvine) wrote:

>The other Day "niaz khan" <niaz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>What is the other big stand at the show there is one for nintendo & looking
>>at the floor plan there is another big stand who's is that?
>>
>>Niaz
>
>Hurrah...Sony :)
>
>The great Mug hunt is on still :)))

Take a look in the mirror. :-)

***********************************
Jim North
cors...@btinternet.com
***********************************

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the
Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears
in the rain. Time to die."

Paul Irvine

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The other Day cors...@btinternet.com (Jimbo) wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:41:50 GMT, mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk (Paul
>Irvine) wrote:
>
>>The other Day "niaz khan" <niaz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the other big stand at the show there is one for nintendo & looking
>>>at the floor plan there is another big stand who's is that?
>>>
>>>Niaz
>>
>>Hurrah...Sony :)
>>
>>The great Mug hunt is on still :)))
>
>Take a look in the mirror. :-)

HA..Fine coming from the bloke that purchased a 70quid watch that was
the in thing.

Trouble is it looks like a girls bangle!!!

Which I guess is about right :)

Graham Goring

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <37b1df4e...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>HA..Fine coming from the bloke that purchased a 70quid watch that was
>the in thing.
>
>Trouble is it looks like a girls bangle!!!
>
>Which I guess is about right :)

I love the fact that ECTS brings out the rivalry between you two. :)

Although as Paul will attest (judging by Jimbo's recent jpeg
attachments) Jimbo is the far more worrying of the two...

Jimbo

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

>>>The great Mug hunt is on still :)))
>>
>>Take a look in the mirror. :-)
>>
>HA..Fine coming from the bloke that purchased a 70quid watch that was
>the in thing.

70 Quid!!!

Not even a days money. :-)

>Trouble is it looks like a girls bangle!!!
>
>Which I guess is about right :)

***********************************

Bryn

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Got mine this morning too.

Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...

--
Bryn

Tel: 999

Derek Jolly

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Bryn wrote this. Honest guv!

>Got mine this morning too.
>
>Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...

Mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I'll definitely
be there.
* Derek Jolly (jol...@xsagetetra.com) (Remove the 'x' for e-mail) *
* PAL->NTSC AR codes etc.: http://members2.easyspace.com/rivet *

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
wrote:

>In article <37b1df4e...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
><mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>>HA..Fine coming from the bloke that purchased a 70quid watch that was
>>the in thing.
>>

>>Trouble is it looks like a girls bangle!!!
>>
>>Which I guess is about right :)
>

>I love the fact that ECTS brings out the rivalry between you two. :)
>
>Although as Paul will attest (judging by Jimbo's recent jpeg
>attachments) Jimbo is the far more worrying of the two...
>
>Graham Goring

True, he has that Hannibal Lecter meets Mick McManus look!!

--
Paul Irvine

"There's no way that's slow down you soft bleedin' jessie"

.....Shigeru Miyamoto (PAL conversion)

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

>>>Take a look in the mirror. :-)
>>>

>>HA..Fine coming from the bloke that purchased a 70quid watch that was
>>the in thing.
>

>70 Quid!!!
>
>Not even a days money. :-)

For those that don't know that is Spurs star Darren Anderton's chat up
line..

"See this watch, 3 grand...Not even a weeks money!!"

Who says footballers are fickle plonkers!!!

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
The other Day "Bryn" <pe...@petes.gaf.uk> wrote:

>Got mine this morning too.
>
>Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...

Go on Bryn, the vas is on Graham this time ;)

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
The other Day jol...@xsagetetra.com (Derek Jolly) wrote:

>Bryn wrote this. Honest guv!
>>

>>Got mine this morning too.
>>
>>Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...
>

>Mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I'll definitely
>be there.

Good man...

Graham Goring

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <jDus3.18205$ts3.5...@nnrp4.clara.net>, Bryn
<pe...@petes.gaf.uk> writes

>Got mine this morning too.
>
>Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...

Just pretend that you've got inspect a murder in the Kensington area
of London... ;)

Graham Goring

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <37bba084...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>The other Day "Bryn" <pe...@petes.gaf.uk> wrote:
>
>>Got mine this morning too.
>>
>>Just hope I'll be able to make the time to go...
>
>Go on Bryn, the vas is on Graham this time ;)

It always is. ;)

Paul Donovan

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message >
> Now I know its the same place I think I might buy a bucket of ice before
> I enter there :)
>
> --

It's in the same place, but it doesn't mean that it'll be in a big white
marquee like it was last year.

Paul Donovan

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

niaz khan <niaz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Remembering from last year Nintendo had a lot of old games on display even
> Mario, So if they have the same idea this year there stand should be
packed
> with old games. Having said that I am looking forward to perfect dark -
> playable please mr rare?

It was playable at E3, so I don't see why it won't be playable at ECTS.

Derek Jolly

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Paul Donovan wrote this. Honest guv!

Lovely. Definitely have to check this out.

Rich Asplin

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

> For those that don't know that is Spurs star Darren Anderton's chat up
> line..
>
> "See this watch, 3 grand...Not even a weeks money!!"
>
> Who says footballers are fickle plonkers!!!

Footballers shouldn't even get the minimum wage.. :) But, then again, I've
never really understood football. I've always thought it was just some
blokes huge bizarre fantasy, eleven blokes in tight shorts and shirts
running about the place making themselves look like plonkers.

--
Regards, Richard Asplin,
remove the two 'bangers' for email, man >> icq 2744548

Gavin Jopson

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Bryn wrote in message ...

>--
>Bryn
>
>Tel: 999

So - if someone comes round for dinner do you push it under the door?
--
Gavin Jopson
ICQ - 16749275

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
The other Day "Rich Asplin"

>Footballers shouldn't even get the minimum wage.. :)

They don't..They get a *maximum* wage!!

> But, then again, I've never really understood football.

>I've always thought it was just some blokes huge bizarre
>fantasy, eleven blokes in tight shorts and shirts running
>about the place making themselves look like plonkers.

Bryn, is this your fantasy?

Paul Irvine

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:

>Paul Irvine <mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message >

>> Now I know its the same place I think I might buy a bucket of ice before
>> I enter there :)
>>
>> --
>
>It's in the same place, but it doesn't mean that it'll be in a big white
>marquee like it was last year.

I really do hope not, when you or your lot were showing Medievil off in
that little round area it was so caking hot you could not last more than
a few mins. OK, it kept the flow of people but it was hell :)

Graham Goring

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
In article <37ba063e...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:
>>It's in the same place, but it doesn't mean that it'll be in a big white
>>marquee like it was last year.
>
>I really do hope not, when you or your lot were showing Medievil off in
>that little round area it was so caking hot you could not last more than
>a few mins. OK, it kept the flow of people but it was hell :)

D'you think Bram Stoker's Dracula will be turning up again?

Paul Irvine

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
wrote:

>In article <37ba063e...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine

><mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>>The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:
>>>It's in the same place, but it doesn't mean that it'll be in a big white
>>>marquee like it was last year.
>>
>>I really do hope not, when you or your lot were showing Medievil off in
>>that little round area it was so caking hot you could not last more than
>>a few mins. OK, it kept the flow of people but it was hell :)
>
>D'you think Bram Stoker's Dracula will be turning up again?

Ya what?

Having seen all the real poor B.Stoker Dracula games (Hang your head in
shame Psygnosis) I really hope there's not another one!!!

Graham Goring

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
In article <37ba54c9...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>Ya what?

The bloke who worked on Medievil and looked just like Gary Oldman in
BS's Dracula.

Paul Irvine

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
wrote:

>In article <37ba54c9...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine

><mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>>Ya what?
>
>The bloke who worked on Medievil and looked just like Gary Oldman in
>BS's Dracula.
>
>Graham Goring

As Gary Oldman or in mid Drac transformation :)

Bloody weirdo's those Sony Cambridge staff :)

Bryn

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99

> So - if someone comes round for dinner do you push it under the door?

I almost expected this from you Gavin.

Intimidating guests by cramming *it* under the door could be extremely
painful. Not to mention embarassing. Pervert.

Gavin Jopson

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
Bryn wrote in message <1Net3.649$Lh.2...@nnrp4.clara.net>...
ROTFL - Make an interesting draft excluder!

Iain Brown

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99

> The other Day Graham Goring <gra...@dukeVOMITtastrophy.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <37ba54c9...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
> ><mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes
> >>Ya what?
> >
> >The bloke who worked on Medievil and looked just like Gary Oldman in
> >BS's Dracula.
> >
> >Graham Goring
>
> As Gary Oldman or in mid Drac transformation :)
>
> Bloody weirdo's those Sony Cambridge staff :)

<try and squeeze my reply in before Paul does>

Jason will probably be there, but you won't recognize him as he's had his
hair chopped off. He now looks like Stephen Dorff in Blade.

Paul still looks like a member of Hanson though.

We may be weirdos compared to the rest of the world, but compared to some at
ECTS we'll look positively normal.

Iain

--
Remove smtp to reply.
All views expressed are my own.

Paul Donovan

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99

Iain Brown <Ia...@smtp.scee.sony.co.uk> wrote in message >

> Jason will probably be there, but you won't recognize him as he's had his
> hair chopped off. He now looks like Stephen Dorff in Blade.

Except he can't be arsed to keep it spikey any more. (Jason, not Stephen)

> Paul still looks like a member of Hanson though.

...and proud of it. Hey, teenage girls must fancy me.... As ECTS is an
adults only event, I should be able to move about unmolested.

Paul Irvine

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:

>Iain Brown <Ia...@smtp.scee.sony.co.uk> wrote in message >
>> Jason will probably be there, but you won't recognize him as he's had his
>> hair chopped off. He now looks like Stephen Dorff in Blade.
>
>Except he can't be arsed to keep it spikey any more. (Jason, not Stephen)

I shall keep an eye on him incase the sod tries to rip out me fangs!!

>> Paul still looks like a member of Hanson though.
>
>...and proud of it. Hey, teenage girls must fancy me.... As ECTS is an
>adults only event, I should be able to move about unmolested.

Think again...With Graham Goring and Bryn due then 'unmolested' might
not be a good word :)

Graham Goring

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
In article <37c20a1e...@news.freeserve.net>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>>...and proud of it. Hey, teenage girls must fancy me.... As ECTS is an
>>adults only event, I should be able to move about unmolested.
>
>Think again...With Graham Goring and Bryn due then 'unmolested' might
>not be a good word :)

Maybe he should have used the word "unmoletested" as the chance of some
sightless subterranean furry creatures making him sit an exam at ECTS
is pretty much non-existant.