ECTS impressions

Danny McNeil

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
So what did everyone think of the ECTS then? Zelda was pretty good!

--
Danny McNeil

Eks

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Too crowded, too hot and a little boring I thought. Nothing particularly
caught my eye and I wasnt impressed by the fact that you had to queue up to
see the MGS demo...

Danny McNeil wrote in message
<6t15sj$scm$1...@nclient3-gui.server.virgin.net>...

Raoh

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98

Eks wrote in message <6t17ts$pk6$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>...

Quake 2 on playstation looked kinda nice, as did the women ;)

Simon Gardner

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
> Too crowded, too hot and a little boring I thought. Nothing particularly
> caught my eye and I wasnt impressed by the fact that you had to queue up to
> see the MGS demo...

Yeah, same impression. Looked at everything, went on the rally
simulator, then was told it was 1/2 an hour wait for MGS so we went then
:) Spent the afternoon in Sega World...

Simon

Danny McNeil

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
On the whole there were really only two areas worth visiting as far as I was
concerned, Nintendo and Sony. I had an hour long play of Zelda and FZERO X,
I also played Libero Grande for a while in the PlayStation section, which I
really look forward too. Oh, I actually recognised Howard Lincoln (President
of NOA) - I would have liked to have met Shigs but apparently he didn't
show. Busy working on Zelda, no doubt. Oh and on the way out I was
exploited, £1.55 for a Ribena and a Croissant - what is the world coming to!

What freebies did you all get? Me:

3x PSX badges
3x PSX bags (with Tekken 3 on it)
1x Eidos Tombraider 3 bag
PSX mug
latest issue of Edge
Acclaim CD
Microsoft CD
UbiSoft CD
PSX winter releases CD
Some promotional Leaflets, MVC issue 1 etc ...

gr...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
In article <6t17ts$pk6$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>,

"Eks" <nil...@nilspam.co.uk> wrote:
> Too crowded, too hot and a little boring I thought. Nothing particularly
> caught my eye and I wasnt impressed by the fact that you had to queue up to
> see the MGS demo...
>
> Danny McNeil wrote in message
> <6t15sj$scm$1...@nclient3-gui.server.virgin.net>...
> >So what did everyone think of the ECTS then? Zelda was pretty good!
> >
> >--
> >Danny McNeil

Nobbad, I thought. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone there, but as practically
none of you went on the Monday I probably didn't miss much.

Brief Round-up

Best Game : Metal Gear Solid.

Absolutely amazing. Wasn't worth the 40 minute wait, though.
When's it out in the UK?

Not Worth The Wait : Tomb Raider III

Just like no.'s 1 and 2, but with bigger weapons.(*)

(*)Guns, that is.

Runner-up : Spyro The Dragon. Just like Mario 64.

Weirdest Game : Militato by Korea Software

You run around a town killing bad guys. The twist is, you're a potato.
Good in 'Die Hard Trilogy Part 1' kind of way, but why a potato?
PC-only, I'm afraid.

Weirdest thing overall: The three doom merchants outside.

One played the harmonica while wearing a sign reading 'The end is nigh' and
'Friday 13th November'. The other two show pictures of a chicken (I think) and
told us it was the 'chicken of the apocalypse', all the while warning us that
we would all die on the above date if we didn't repent. I can only hope they
were actually meant to be street performers.

--
Neil.

The Black Jedi

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:19:35 +0100, "Danny McNeil"
<danny....@virgin.net> wrote:

>What freebies did you all get? Me:
>
>3x PSX badges
>3x PSX bags (with Tekken 3 on it)
>1x Eidos Tombraider 3 bag
>PSX mug
>latest issue of Edge
>Acclaim CD
>Microsoft CD
>UbiSoft CD
>PSX winter releases CD
>Some promotional Leaflets, MVC issue 1 etc ...

My sodding brothers-in-law went to ECTS. I put them up all weekend,
fed the little bastards a ton of chocolate biscuits, queued for my own
bathroom, and they DIDN'T BRING ME BACK THE PSX WINTER RELEASES CD!
They brought me one last year, and it kicked ass - what's on this one?

A rather miffed BJ

/ The Black Jedi \
| Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants |
\ Remove underpants to reply /

Danny McNeil

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
> DIDN'T BRING ME BACK THE PSX WINTER RELEASES CD! They brought me one last
year, and it kicked ass - what's on this one?

Why didn't you go and get one for yourself?

It has Tekken 3, Gran Turismo and two other playable demos (that I can't
remember).

It also has a MGS video and some other video.

I have all the stuff on it already, if you want it give me your address and
I will mail it you.

Graham Goring

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
In article <35f50ead....@news.capethorn.net>, The Black Jedi
<Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> writes

>My sodding brothers-in-law went to ECTS. I put them up all weekend,
>fed the little bastards a ton of chocolate biscuits, queued for my own
>bathroom, and they DIDN'T BRING ME BACK THE PSX WINTER RELEASES CD!

>They brought me one last year, and it kicked ass - what's on this one?

Playable

Medievil
Tekken 3
Gran Turismo
(plus another that I can't remember)

Video

Metal Gear Solid (Cut down version of EDGE's year-old video sequence)
Kula World
Spice Girls
Spyro The Dragon

Graham Goring

--

/=====================================================================\
| If you'd like to see a game with the depth of gameplay of Elite and |

Oh crap! Someone's stolen the vowels from my domain name!
------------Lucky I have some spares: u e a o------------

Jim M

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Graham Goring <gra...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <35f50ead....@news.capethorn.net>, The Black Jedi
><Blac...@hotmail.com.underpants> writes
>>My sodding brothers-in-law went to ECTS. I put them up all weekend,
>>fed the little bastards a ton of chocolate biscuits, queued for my own
>>bathroom, and they DIDN'T BRING ME BACK THE PSX WINTER RELEASES CD!
>>They brought me one last year, and it kicked ass - what's on this one?
>
>Playable
>
>Medievil
>Tekken 3
>Gran Turismo
>(plus another that I can't remember)
>
>Video
>
>Metal Gear Solid (Cut down version of EDGE's year-old video sequence)
>Kula World
>Spice Girls
>Spyro The Dragon
>
>Graham Goring

Cheers for giving us one of your collection :->

But I was a bit disappointed with it. Is Winter 98, dec 97, jan - feb 98, or is
Winter 98, dec 98 - jan feb 99 ?

GT is out (75 second demo). Kula World is out. Tekken 3 is just about out (OSPM
demo) and Medieval is nearly there. So the demo's are of already released
games. Do you want me to mail you back the disc Graham.

Cheers,

Jim M
--
@ Derbyshire

Should of been,
Could of been,
Would of been dead,
If I didn't get the message going to my head.

The Black Jedi

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:48:32 +0100, "Danny McNeil"
<danny....@virgin.net> wrote:

>Why didn't you go and get one for yourself?

'Cos it's too much effort to pretend to be a Multimedia Producer for
Madeupname Interactive or whatever the hell people pretend to be to
blag their way in. Or pay £25 (bought TOCA on Platinum instead, and
still had enough change left for my bus home and fish and chips).

Bruv-in-law is a programmer for DMA, so almost had a genuine reason to
attend.

>It has Tekken 3, Gran Turismo and two other playable demos (that I can't
>remember).

Hmmm. Already got the T3 demo, already have GT, someone else said
Medievil was on the disk (which I may get a demo of with T3, according
to the posters in EB).

>It also has a MGS video and some other video.

I've got more MGS videos than you can shake a zip disk at. Oh well, it
looks like it's not that great anyway.

I can't _exactly_ remember what was on last year's, but I have a vague
recollection it was better than that little lot.

Eks

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Did anyone see the 'beggars' outside? They chalked playstation logos on the
pavement and had hats just like in the advert....anyone know wether these
were genuine (not likely) or just a PR stunt??

Ant Chapman

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
In article <6t1sbd$d4k$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, gr...@my-dejanews.com
spews forth :

>Weirdest Game : Militato by Korea Software
>
>You run around a town killing bad guys. The twist is, you're a potato.
>Good in 'Die Hard Trilogy Part 1' kind of way, but why a potato?
>PC-only, I'm afraid.

I saw this game..... looks great! Korea Software had a tiny stand, with
one PC monitor running FMV of the game. However, they still managed to
look far more interesting than 99% of the rest of the show.

Interesting stuff I saw / played :

RC Stunt Copter - PSX

Bizarre control system (apparently it's the same as real RC helicopter
controls), but looks like the full game should be fun.

Space Station Silicon Valley - N64

Highly amusing DMA game. In fact, this is the only game I went back to
while at ECTS. A couple of times, for that matter.

The Unholy War - PSX

The only vaguely interesting thing on show at the Eidos stand IMHO (did
anyone play 'Ninja'? Yaawwnn). A very bizarre pseudo beat-em-up. Odd
characters, running / flying around an island, blasting crap out of each
other. One character appeared to be in a spaceship, and had a fantastic
"kamikaze" move :-)

Bust-A-Groove - PSX

I've wanted to check this out for SO long, and I certainly wasn't
disappointed. Hilarious animation, and great characters. Simple, yes,
in a Parappa sort of way, but enourmous fun (particularly in 2 player
mode). Anyone know the release date?

Ant Chapman

aka AntMan on #RGVC

2600, 7800, COLECO, VECTREX, G7000, TI99/4A, GAMEBOY, SMS,
MEGADRIVE, TVBOY, C64, SPECTRUM - It's all good, my man!

[remove no.spam if replying via e-mail]

Paul Irvine

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

Ha ha...with all the security I guess it was another surreal Sony PR
stunt..
--
Paul..

Looking for a C64 game, util or Emulator?

then read the FAQ at www.dellos.demon.co.uk

ICQ No: 105793

Eks

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

Paul Irvine wrote in message <35fb82ed...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>The other Day "Eks" <nil...@nilspam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Did anyone see the 'beggars' outside? They chalked playstation logos on
the
>>pavement and had hats just like in the advert....anyone know wether these
>>were genuine (not likely) or just a PR stunt??
>>
>Ha ha...with all the security I guess it was another surreal Sony PR
>stunt..

Thought so..as I saw some 'stooge' walk up to one 'tramp' and hand him a
crisp tenner....surely no-ones THAT generous.....8)

Graham Goring

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
In article <360326ae...@news.demon.co.uk>, Jim M <}news{@brit-
cit.demon.co.uk> writes

>Cheers for giving us one of your collection :->

S'okay! :)

>But I was a bit disappointed with it. Is Winter 98, dec 97, jan - feb 98, or is
>Winter 98, dec 98 - jan feb 99 ?
>
>GT is out (75 second demo). Kula World is out. Tekken 3 is just about out (OSPM
>demo) and Medieval is nearly there. So the demo's are of already released
>games. Do you want me to mail you back the disc Graham.

Nah, only one thing on there worth it, and that was the Medievil demo
which I've completed many times know.

Paul Irvine

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
The other Day "Eks" <nil...@nilspam.co.uk> wrote:

>>Ha ha...with all the security I guess it was another surreal Sony PR
>>stunt..
>

>Thought so..as I saw some 'stooge' walk up to one 'tramp' and hand him a
>crisp tenner....surely no-ones THAT generous.....8)

Bloody hell..if they are then I'm orf to Olympia :)

Raoh

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98

The Black Jedi wrote in message <35f50ead....@news.capethorn.net>...

>On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:19:35 +0100, "Danny McNeil"
><danny....@virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>What freebies did you all get? Me:
>>
>>3x PSX badges
>>3x PSX bags (with Tekken 3 on it)
>>1x Eidos Tombraider 3 bag
>>PSX mug
>>latest issue of Edge
>>Acclaim CD
>>Microsoft CD
>>UbiSoft CD
>>PSX winter releases CD
>>Some promotional Leaflets, MVC issue 1 etc ...

I got a pink tombi lunchbox :)

Jim M

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Graham Goring <gra...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <360326ae...@news.demon.co.uk>, Jim M <}news{@brit-
>cit.demon.co.uk> writes
>>Cheers for giving us one of your collection :->
>
>S'okay! :)
>
>>But I was a bit disappointed with it. Is Winter 98, dec 97, jan - feb 98, or is
>>Winter 98, dec 98 - jan feb 99 ?
>>
>>GT is out (75 second demo). Kula World is out. Tekken 3 is just about out (OSPM
>>demo) and Medieval is nearly there. So the demo's are of already released
>>games. Do you want me to mail you back the disc Graham.
>
>Nah, only one thing on there worth it, and that was the Medievil demo
>which I've completed many times know.

'sokay innit. Lots of things to do. Could be a big game.

BTW, did you manage to grab a go of Castlevania 64 ? Had a go for 20 odd
minutes. Not sure what you had to do exactly cos is was all in Japanees. Got
to a bit which was like a scene out of (dare I say it) "Jason and t'Argonauts".
This dead body was on the floor, and when i went to it, this skelly got up and
called his mates from the ground, just like the film. There were loads of em in
this one big room. Gotta try the PSX version now.

>Graham Goring

ta ra

Penguin Spring

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Know someone at DMA.....poor poor man.............

Graham Goring

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
In article <35f6839f...@news.demon.co.uk>, Jim M <}news{@brit-
cit.demon.co.uk> writes

>>Nah, only one thing on there worth it, and that was the Medievil demo
>>which I've completed many times know.
>
>'sokay innit. Lots of things to do. Could be a big game.

50 levels, after all... Just hope there's enough variety...

>BTW, did you manage to grab a go of Castlevania 64 ? Had a go for 20 odd
>minutes. Not sure what you had to do exactly cos is was all in Japanees. Got
>to a bit which was like a scene out of (dare I say it) "Jason and t'Argonauts".
>This dead body was on the floor, and when i went to it, this skelly got up and
>called his mates from the ground, just like the film. There were loads of em in
>this one big room. Gotta try the PSX version now.

Cool! I love games that feature skeletons as enemies... Didn't get a
chance to play it myself, but had a good gawp at it nonetheless.

Btw, Stratford? I think I've caught your cold! I feel utterly awful!

Ed Lomas

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
As usual, all the best stuff was hidden "behind closed doors". Sonic
Adventure on Dreamcast was the best thing I saw - that game is going to
be soooooo incredible. Meeting Jeff Minter was fun too, as he went
through his collection of photos showing us pictures of his sheep and
goat, plus his collection of llama models. Oh yeah, and a very early
little bit of Tempest 3000 on Project X. I thought Quake 2 on
PlayStation looked great, as did Castlevania 64, Perfect Dark, Re*Volt
on PC (the lovely-looking RC car game on the Acclaim stand) and some
others I can't think of right now. I'd seen most of the stuff there
before, but that lot really impressed me. The Metal Gear Solid video was
well put together too (and I found it really funny to watch everyone
queue up for ages, then just walk past them all with my special VIP pass
and go straight in. Ha ha!).

The Sony party on Monday night was good too - Pulp played, plus there
were three free bars, dodgems, arcade games, food, and some army dudes
with stacks of guns to try out - they even had a massive
shoulder-mounted bazooka and some £8,000 night-vision goggles!

I think I've boasted enough now.

Ed

Ed Lomas
Senior Writer
Computer and Video Games
http://www.game-online.com

*Remove “NO JUNK” from the
address above to reply.*

Graham Goring

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
In article <35f7b...@news2.uswest.net>, Ed Lomas
<"ed.lomas"@ecm.emap*NO> writes

>As usual, all the best stuff was hidden "behind closed doors". Sonic
>Adventure on Dreamcast was the best thing I saw - that game is going to
>be soooooo incredible.

So, now you've seen the machine running, what would say it's polygon-
pushing-power is equivalent to in PC terms?

Paul Donovan

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

Ed Lomas <"ed.lomas"@ecm.emap*NO JUNK*.com> > wrote in message
<35f7b...@news2.uswest.net>...

>The Sony party on Monday night was good too - Pulp played, plus there
>were three free bars, dodgems, arcade games, food, and some army dudes
>with stacks of guns to try out - they even had a massive
>shoulder-mounted bazooka and some £8,000 night-vision goggles!
>
>I think I've boasted enough now.

It was good wasn't it? When I turned the corner into the side street and saw
the PlayStation symbols being projected onto the warehouse wall I though
'ohmygod, this is going to be big'. I was right down the front for Pulp!
The dodgems were fun (but dangerous...), but I missed all the weapons that
were there - must have been something to do with the free beer...

And there was a special MediEvil section - aahhhh

Paul Donovan

Jimbo

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

>>>What freebies did you all get? Me:
>>>
>>>3x PSX badges
>>>3x PSX bags (with Tekken 3 on it)
>>>1x Eidos Tombraider 3 bag
>>>PSX mug
>>>latest issue of Edge
>>>Acclaim CD
>>>Microsoft CD
>>>UbiSoft CD
>>>PSX winter releases CD
>>>Some promotional Leaflets, MVC issue 1 etc ...
>>

>I got a pink tombi lunchbox :)

I'm sure your Doctor could supply some ointment to clear it up. :-)

***********************************
Jim North
ji...@mrdo.demon.co.uk
***********************************

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the
Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears
in the rain. Time to die."

Paul Irvine

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
The other Day Ed Lomas <"ed.lomas"@ecm.emap*NO JUNK*.com> wrote:

> Meeting Jeff Minter was fun too, as he went through his collection
>of photos showing us pictures of his sheep and goat

Not the pervvy ones I hope..again...

>The Metal Gear Solid video was well put together too
>(and I found it really funny to watch everyone queue up for ages,
>then just walk past them all with my special VIP pass and go
>straight in. Ha ha!).

You would not have found it funny if my boot went up your arse tho..

BLOODY QUEUE AND DICKHEADS INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

>The Sony party on Monday night was good too - Pulp played, plus there
>were three free bars, dodgems, arcade games, food, and some army dudes
>with stacks of guns to try out - they even had a massive
>shoulder-mounted bazooka and some £8,000 night-vision goggles!

And the usual orge ???

>I think I've boasted enough now.

Right boys!!! next year Ed gets the sanny pad on his head!!

And we know what I mean by that don't we peeps from the meet :)

(if not see my meet page)

Paul Irvine

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
The other Day Graham Goring <gra...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <35f7b...@news2.uswest.net>, Ed Lomas
><"ed.lomas"@ecm.emap*NO> writes
>>As usual, all the best stuff was hidden "behind closed doors". Sonic
>>Adventure on Dreamcast was the best thing I saw - that game is going to
>>be soooooo incredible.
>
>So, now you've seen the machine running, what would say it's polygon-
>pushing-power is equivalent to in PC terms?

Another person in here also has played with one as he is a dev peep and
reckons its stunning...

Paul Irvine

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
The other Day "Paul Donovan" <pa...@scee.sony.co.uk> wrote:

>And there was a special MediEvil section - aahhhh
>
>Paul Donovan

What that heap of pooh!!!

:)

Paul...Oh Paul...What's the super cheat code that all the blokes were
entering :)

Ed Lomas

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Graham Goring wrote:

> In article <35f7b...@news2.uswest.net>, Ed Lomas
> <"ed.lomas"@ecm.emap*NO> writes
> >As usual, all the best stuff was hidden "behind closed doors". Sonic
> >Adventure on Dreamcast was the best thing I saw - that game is going to
> >be soooooo incredible.
>
> So, now you've seen the machine running, what would say it's polygon-
> pushing-power is equivalent to in PC terms?
>
> Graham Goring

I saw a load of demos a month or so ago, and it's very impressive
indeed. I'm not bothered about figures myself, but as far as I can tell
it could do anything I've seen on the PC without any hassle whatsoever.
I'm sure it could do any Model 3 arcade game as well, and as far as I
know it could do quite a bit on top. I spoke to a lot of developers at
ECTS about Dreamcast, and all of them raved about how great it was and
how brilliant their games would be on it.

The only figures I remember are that the new Model 3 Step 2 arcade board
(Fighting Vipers 2, Spikeout, Daytona USA 2, Virtual On 2, etc) can do
about a million polygons a second, and Yu Suzuki (the genius boss of
AM2) has got almost 5 million a second out of Dreamcast. Thing is, I
think that's running graphics only. Also, Dreamcast does triangles
instead of the squares that Model 3 does. But hey - it's going to have
Sonic Adventure, Sega Rally 2 and an amazing new Virtua Fighter game
available on it on the 20th November this year, so it's bound to be the
greatest machine ever, to me at least.

Michael Bungey

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In article <FQ3EMMAY...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk>, Graham Goring
<gra...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk> writes

>Btw, Stratford? I think I've caught your cold! I feel utterly awful!
Is this a side effect of being in very close proximity to him for too
long then? ;)
--
Michael Bungey

To avoid follow ups finishing up in a tin of spam please address replies to
michael.bungey@ rather than spam@

ICQ no 16788727

Michael Bungey

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In article <35fd11a4...@news.demon.co.uk>, Paul Irvine
<mcl...@dellos.demon.co.uk> writes

>And we know what I mean by that don't we peeps from the meet :)
Or ne1 who knows the legendary "Virgin Stand Story" ;)

Graham Goring

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In article <iEzRyIAbSU$1E...@saintmatt.demon.co.uk>, Michael Bungey
<Sp...@saintmatt.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <FQ3EMMAY...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk>, Graham Goring
><gra...@duketastrophy.demon.co.uk> writes
>>Btw, Stratford? I think I've caught your cold! I feel utterly awful!
>Is this a side effect of being in very close proximity to him for too
>long then? ;)

Colds are airborn you mucky individual.

Anyway, it was Herpes that I got when I slept with him... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Paul Irvine

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
The other Day Michael Bungey <Sp...@saintmatt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <35fd11a4...@news.demon.co.uk>, Paul Irvine
><mcl...@dellos.demon.co.uk> writes
>>And we know what I mean by that don't we peeps from the meet :)

>Or ne1 who knows the legendary "Virgin Stand Story" ;)

OH OH...Warez dood talk..(ne1). Meet my mate Mr Soap!!!!

The Virgin Story is standard ECTS staff training material now.

Michael Bungey

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
In article <35fe84c7...@news.demon.co.uk>, Paul Irvine

<mcl...@dellos.demon.co.uk> writes
>The other Day Michael Bungey <Sp...@saintmatt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>In article <35fd11a4...@news.demon.co.uk>, Paul Irvine
>><mcl...@dellos.demon.co.uk> writes
>>>And we know what I mean by that don't we peeps from the meet :)
>
>>Or ne1 who knows the legendary "Virgin Stand Story" ;)
>
>OH OH...Warez dood talk..(ne1). Meet my mate Mr Soap!!!!
No, just lazy bastard chat talk.

Paul Irvine

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
The other Day Michael Bungey <Sp...@saintmatt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Or ne1 who knows the legendary "Virgin Stand Story" ;)
>>
>>OH OH...Warez dood talk..(ne1). Meet my mate Mr Soap!!!!
>No, just lazy bastard chat talk.

Thank christ for that, its the one part of the old computer scene that
grinds me..

All this 'WaReZ 4 U M8' shit...That and sys ops replying to you online
with 'hehe..hehe..' on every line they typed to you...