Castlevania Lords of Shadow

skidz

Jan 5, 2011, 5:41:03 PM1/5/11
So I got it again (PAL), I done chapter 1, makes a change from playing
RPGs lately, although I done this b4 on import (USA), BUT i was
thinking (like Demons Souls does) it creates a new save as its EU game
not USA, so I was expecting EU trophies (like Demons Souls does) but
NO! No Trophies except the ones already unlocked, just have to find
the secret trophies then...cant double up on trophies..the Trophy set
is 1 for worldwide whereas Demons Souls, its 2 sets of Trophies....2
saves too!

I wasnt expectng that! So if that is the case, they could have made
the game saves compatible IMO...still enjoying it again...but whizzing
thru it faster:)

skidz

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 4:06:35 AM1/6/11
"skidz" <ski...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Is this game like Batman Arkham Ayslum?
A metroid type game with or Devil may cry?

--
gospvg
[..getting old and still playing video games..]

deKay

Jan 6, 2011, 4:42:26 AM1/6/11
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, gospvg wrote:

> Is this game like Batman Arkham Ayslum?
> A metroid type game with or Devil may cry?

It seems like DMC crossed with God of War to me. It's no Batman.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

hurricanepilot

Jan 6, 2011, 4:56:47 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 9:06 am, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > So I got it again (PAL), I done chapter 1, makes a change from playing
> > RPGs lately, although I done this b4 on import (USA), BUT i was
> > thinking (like Demons Souls does) it creates a new save as its EU game
> > not USA, so I was expecting EU trophies (like Demons Souls does) but
> > NO! No Trophies except the ones already unlocked, just have to find
> > the secret trophies then...cant double up on trophies..the Trophy set
> > is 1 for worldwide whereas Demons Souls, its 2 sets of Trophies....2
> > saves too!
>
> > I wasnt expectng that! So if that is the case, they could have made
> > the game saves compatible IMO...still enjoying it again...but whizzing
> > thru it faster:)
>
> Is this game like Batman Arkham Ayslum?

Not remotely

> A metroid type game with or Devil may cry?

It's not a fighty as devil may cry and I don't believe it's as
intricately puzzley as a metroid game, though my experience of those
games is Prime, and only so far as the jumping puzzles.

Maybe take Devil May Cry 4, tone down the combat to about 50%, then
and add in Uncharted inspired platforming sections, then add a puzzle
element to pretty much everything.

Each of the 12 chapters is split in to a number of acts and each act
can be anything from pure combat to pure puzzle to platforming to a
mixture of all three.

Toby Newman

Jan 6, 2011, 4:11:48 AM1/6/11

I'm only about 5 hours into it but it's quite varied.
Predominantly hack and slash, but with puzzle sections, platforming
sections (think Tomb Raider), mini bosses and large climbable bosses
(think SotC).

It's a beautifully drawn game - considering the speed that the artwork
goes past I'm constantly amazed at the level of detail they put into
it. One scene of note is the entrance to Pan's lair. The first time I
ran through it I thought it was a cave. When I backtracked and walked
through it I noticed they symbology in everything around me. Very
cool.

--
-Toby

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 5:25:30 AM1/6/11
"deKay" <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk.invalid> wrote in message

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, gospvg wrote:
>
>> Is this game like Batman Arkham Ayslum?
>> A metroid type game with or Devil may cry?
>
> It seems like DMC crossed with God of War to me. It's no Batman.

I'll pass then & wait for Arkham City

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 6:21:32 AM1/6/11

ughh..pass on Batmano! I would rather have this anyday! Like Toby says
its well beauty of a game graphically, puzzly, hack and slasher, sotc
yes, hard bosses, lots to do, trials to come back too, areas or levels
to come back to to get upgardes when you unlock stuff later in
game...I really got it for DLC, was hoping for a sequel, as for
Batmano..I will passo....Arkhum Asylum was dullness galore:)

skidz

deKay

Jan 6, 2011, 6:50:51 AM1/6/11
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, skidz wrote:

>...Arkhum Asylum was dullness galore:)

WHAT.

Are you utterly mental?! Batman was anything but dull!

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 6:58:27 AM1/6/11

> ughh..pass on Batmano! I would rather have this anyday! Like Toby says
> its well beauty of a game graphically, puzzly, hack and slasher, sotc
> yes, hard bosses, lots to do, trials to come back too, areas or levels
> to come back to to get upgardes when you unlock stuff later in
> game...I really got it for DLC, was hoping for a sequel, as for
> Batmano..I will passo....Arkhum Asylum was dullness galore:)

Um ??

Keh?
If you are talking about Castlevania it sounds like Metroid to me which in
turn sounds like Arkham Asylum?

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 7:57:03 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 11:50 am, deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, skidz wrote:
> >...Arkhum Asylum was dullness galore:)
>
> WHAT.
>
> Are you utterly mental?! Batman was anything but dull!
>
> deKay
> --
>   Lofi Gaming -http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
>   Gaming Diary -http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
>   Blog -http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

>   My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that

yes I am mental...OI am not entitled to an opinion that disagrees with
Lord Dekay...it was dull, Arkum City, not interested..same old same
old,,,,,,I am fed up with costume hero games, Dc comics, oh wait, new
Spiderman.....must get NOT!
LOL

if I didnt like Arkhum Asylum fine, I am not Mental, but I am mental
aint I Lord dekay....an opinion is not justified by me, I have to
agree with you LOL, NOT!

skidz

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 8:02:18 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 11:58 am, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Castlevania is Metroid Prime? So Gabriel and the lycans and Vampires
have all grown suits and plasma weapons, can roll in to morph balls
bombing eveything, and Gabriel is a woman in a space suit? Please
explain that logic, how farther can Castlevania be from Metroid Prime?
So far apart....2 different styles of game, 1 is horror, 1 is sci
fi.....but they are the same..so the DLC will have Gabriel in Metroid
Prime suit blasting metroids and other aliens instead of Vampires and
Lycans etc.....ok....ummmmmmmm:)

skidz

John Dow

Jan 6, 2011, 8:28:31 AM1/6/11
skidz the Monkey was never naughty:

> Castlevania is Metroid Prime? So Gabriel and the lycans and Vampires
> have all grown suits and plasma weapons, can roll in to morph balls
> bombing eveything, and Gabriel is a woman in a space suit? Please
> explain that logic, how farther can Castlevania be from Metroid Prime?
> So far apart....2 different styles of game, 1 is horror, 1 is sci
> fi.....but they are the same..so the DLC will have Gabriel in Metroid
> Prime suit blasting metroids and other aliens instead of Vampires and
> Lycans etc.....ok....ummmmmmmm:)

"Metroidvania" is a term used to describe Metroid (and later
Castlevania) games where the map unfolds gradually as new areas are
unlocked by gaining new abilities at the end of boss fights. In these
terms, games like Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, etc are almost
identical to Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, etc. Because
they all involve exploring, back-tracking and powerups.

John Dow <j...@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using slrn and vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

hurricanepilot

Jan 6, 2011, 8:51:53 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 1:28 pm, John Dow <j...@nelefa.org.invalid> wrote:
> skidz the Monkey was never naughty:
>

> > Castlevania is Metroid Prime? So Gabriel and the lycans and Vampires
> > have all grown suits and plasma weapons, can roll in to morph balls
> > bombing eveything, and Gabriel is a woman in a space suit? Please
> > explain that logic, how farther can Castlevania be from Metroid Prime?
> > So far apart....2 different styles of game, 1 is horror, 1 is sci
> > fi.....but they are the same..so the DLC will have Gabriel in Metroid
> > Prime suit blasting metroids and other aliens instead of Vampires and
> > Lycans etc.....ok....ummmmmmmm:)
>
> "Metroidvania" is a term used to describe Metroid (and later
> Castlevania) games where the map unfolds gradually as new areas are
> unlocked by gaining new abilities at the end of boss fights. In these
> terms, games like Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, etc are almost
> identical to Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, etc. Because
> they all involve exploring, back-tracking and powerups.

Just so everyone is clear, Batman AA is indeed just like that,
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is absolutely nothing like that. The only
thing about Castlevania that is marginally like that is the ability to
revisit older levels to retrieve items that were previously
unavailable due to an incomplete skill set - it's simply replaying a
level though, not revisiting a location by design.

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 9:16:00 AM1/6/11
"hurricanepilot" <hurrica...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Oh shame :(
I'll stick with my pass then

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 10:34:46 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 1:28 pm, John Dow <j...@nelefa.org.invalid> wrote:

oh yes of course :~)

Never heard so much twaddle, but thats your opinion, fair enough, BUT
I think its noting like that:)

skidz

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 10:35:35 AM1/6/11
> level though, not revisiting a location by design.- Hide quoted text -

I think thats a better description really:) You forgot the trials you
can do too:)

skidz

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 10:36:30 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 2:16 pm, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "hurricanepilot" <hurricanepi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [..getting old and still playing video games..]http://www.gospvg.com- Hide quoted text -

Pass the Metroid Prime Castle, please:)

heh

skidz

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 10:57:59 AM1/6/11

> Pass the Metroid Prime Castle, please:)
>
> heh

There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.

<Richard Pryor>

hurricanepilot

Jan 6, 2011, 11:04:20 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 3:57 pm, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Pass the Metroid Prime Castle, please:)
>
> > heh
>
> There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.
>
> <Richard Pryor>

There's a thin line between fishing and standing on a pier looking
like an idiot.

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 11:49:58 AM1/6/11
hurricanepilot <hurrica...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a thin line between fishing and standing on a pier looking
> like an idiot.

There's a thin line between genius and bottom-barrel stupidness

Toby Newman

Jan 6, 2011, 11:34:07 AM1/6/11

There's a thin line between a fisherman and the fish.

skidz

Jan 6, 2011, 2:14:54 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 3:57 pm, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

There is a thin line between understanding a joke and taking it
personally...as people keep telling me here?
It was joke not intended to laugh at you..but.....:)

skidz

gospvg

Jan 6, 2011, 2:42:46 PM1/6/11

> > heh
>
> There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.
>
> <Richard Pryor>
>
> --
> gospvg
> [..getting old and still playing video games..]http://www.gospvg.com

>There is a thin line between understanding a joke and taking it
>personally...as people keep telling me here?
>It was joke not intended to laugh at you..but.....:)

So was mine :)
Albiet with sarcasm

Toby Newman

Jan 6, 2011, 2:10:10 PM1/6/11
On 2011-01-06, gospvg <addre...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> hurricanepilot <hurrica...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There's a thin line between fishing and standing on a pier looking
>> like an idiot.
>
> There's a thin line between genius and bottom-barrel stupidness

There's a thin line between the content and my signature.

deKay

Jan 6, 2011, 3:42:24 PM1/6/11
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Toby Newman wrote:

> On 2011-01-06, hurricanepilot <hurrica...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 6, 3:57 pm, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.
>>>
>>> <Richard Pryor>
>>
>> There's a thin line between fishing and standing on a pier looking
>> like an idiot.
>
> There's a thin line between a fisherman and the fish.

There's a thin line between n and i.

John Dow

Jan 10, 2011, 5:31:53 AM1/10/11
Toby Newman the Monkey was never naughty:

> On 2011-01-06, hurricanepilot <hurrica...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 6, 3:57 pm, "gospvg" <gos...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>> "skidz" <skid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> There's a thin line between to laugh with and to laugh at.
>>>
>>> <Richard Pryor>
>>
>> There's a thin line between fishing and standing on a pier looking
>> like an idiot.
>
> There's a thin line between a fisherman and the fish.

There's a thin line between the numerator and the denominator.

John Dow

Jan 10, 2011, 5:33:46 AM1/10/11
skidz the Monkey was never naughty:
> On Jan 6, 1:28 pm, John Dow <j...@nelefa.org.invalid> wrote:
>> skidz the Monkey was never naughty:
>>

>> > Castlevania is Metroid Prime? So Gabriel and the lycans and Vampires
>> > have all grown suits and plasma weapons, can roll in to morph balls
>> > bombing eveything, and Gabriel is a woman in a space suit? Please
>> > explain that logic, how farther can Castlevania be from Metroid Prime?
>> > So far apart....2 different styles of game, 1 is horror, 1 is sci
>> > fi.....but they are the same..so the DLC will have Gabriel in Metroid
>> > Prime suit blasting metroids and other aliens instead of Vampires and
>> > Lycans etc.....ok....ummmmmmmm:)
>>
>> "Metroidvania" is a term used to describe Metroid (and later
>> Castlevania) games where the map unfolds gradually as new areas are
>> unlocked by gaining new abilities at the end of boss fights. In these
>> terms, games like Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, etc are almost
>> identical to Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, etc. Because
>> they all involve exploring, back-tracking and powerups.
>
> oh yes of course :~)
>
> Never heard so much twaddle, but thats your opinion, fair enough, BUT
> I think its noting like that:)

So you're saying that in Metroid games and Castlevania games, you
*don't* unlock different areas of the map by gaining new abilities?

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 6:00:50 AM1/10/11
> / | \      Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.- Hide quoted text -

Yes and No, but they are 2 different style of game, 1 is sci fi
shooter, the other is Horror hacknslash....
ICastlevania is very Linear, Metroid is all over the place.....Plus
the gender unless Gabriel had a sex chsange when he comes a Vampire
(SPOILER) or Samus blasts Lycans with a beam? Metroid world is more
backtracking and wandering around the ,ap then anything...and loadsa
jumping, and Sci fi...and different genre...

I see what your trying to do here...well, trying to wind me up for
your amusement is very odd.....or making criticism to start a flame
war unbecomes you....come on....what is your point...?

skidz

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jan 10, 2011, 6:13:07 AM1/10/11
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 03:00:50 -0800 (PST), skidz <ski...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That's just the detail, the graphics and weapon effects.

The actual gameplay of travelling around beating crap up, searching
through the map, getting a new ability, backtracking to use that
ability to open up more map - that's all the same.

>ICastlevania is very Linear, Metroid is all over the place.....

I find them pretty similar in back-and-forthing. Remember we're
talking about 2D Castlevanias (not the 3D ones which work differently)
and both 2D and 3D Metroids (except mayne Other M which I've not
played).

>Plus
>the gender unless Gabriel had a sex chsange when he comes a Vampire
>(SPOILER) or Samus blasts Lycans with a beam?

Gender is just graphics, vampiring is little different from a suit
powerup, beams vs spell effects is just graphics too.

>Metroid world is more
>backtracking and wandering around the ,ap then anything...and loadsa
>jumping, and Sci fi...and different genre...

Metroid does have more jumping than Castlevania, but not by that much.

>I see what your trying to do here...well, trying to wind me up for
>your amusement is very odd.....or making criticism to start a flame
>war unbecomes you....come on....what is your point...?

That's not what he's trying to do at all - there was nothing at all
there to wind you up, he was HELPFULLY EXPLAINING why the term
"metroidvania" is used to describe a class of games because you asked.

It was me who used the "metroidvania" label first (recently) anyway.

But look for yourself - bang it into Google, you'll see the first few
of 38000 hits are gaming wikis, TVtropes, lists of "metroidvania or
alternatively castleroid" games and so on. "Weekly metroidvania"! Wow.

It's a useful shorthand for a small but distinct class of games, in
the same way as Okami and Darksiders can be called "Zelda-ish games".

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I love children, especially when they cry, for then someone takes them away.
-- Nancy Mitford

Chris Stevens

Jan 10, 2011, 6:15:45 AM1/10/11
skidz wrote:
>> So you're saying that in Metroid games and Castlevania games, you
>> *don't* unlock different areas of the map by gaining new abilities?
>
> Yes and No, but they are 2 different style of game, 1 is sci fi
> shooter, the other is Horror hacknslash....
> ICastlevania is very Linear, Metroid is all over the place.....Plus
> the gender unless Gabriel had a sex chsange when he comes a Vampire
> (SPOILER) or Samus blasts Lycans with a beam? Metroid world is more
> backtracking and wandering around the ,ap then anything...and loadsa
> jumping, and Sci fi...and different genre...
>
> I see what your trying to do here...well, trying to wind me up for
> your amusement is very odd.....or making criticism to start a flame
> war unbecomes you....come on....what is your point...?

Skidz, on this occasion I don't think anyone is trying to wind you up.
The differences you point out are all valid, but the similarities that are
commonly seen between the two series come from the older 2D iterations of
both games, where they shared the mechanic of a map that opened up more as
you unlocked new abilities. The phrase 'Metroidvania' is in quite common
usage to describe this type of gameplay, and can also be applied to other
games (a relatively recent example being Shadow Complex) as well.
Whether the most recent Castlevania game even fits this historic pattern is
debatable, which makes your position even more understandable. I would
imagine that if Prime and Lords of Shadow were the first iteration of each
game, no one would draw any significant parallels at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you're both right and that there's
no need to argue. :)

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

John Dow

Jan 10, 2011, 6:27:55 AM1/10/11
skidz the Monkey was never naughty:

> I see what your trying to do here...well, trying to wind me up for
> your amusement is very odd.....or making criticism to start a flame
> war unbecomes you....come on....what is your point...?

The whole world doesn't revolve around youi, skidz. I have no interest
whatsoever in starting a 'flame war' with you, not least as you've
demonstrated several times that you don't need any assistance in that
department.

I was simply making the point that Metroid and Castlevania are very
similar games in structure - a view widely held by, well, people who
aren't you.

I'm not going to say any more on the subject because I really have no
time to read any more hysterical hyperbole.

Love and kisses

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 11:37:25 AM1/10/11

yes of course:)

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 11:42:02 AM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 11:15 am, "Chris Stevens" <n...@thestevensfamily.plus.com>
wrote:

sorry Metroid games are open map games, where you back track from end
of map to other...CastleVania LORDS OF SHADOW as my header says doesnt
imply 2D iterations of Castlevania, I mean it I say Castlevania Lords
Of Shadow, unless I I misreading the header? a 3D iteration with
levels, acts and chapters which you gop back to, do the level again,
not wandser around the map aimlessly searching for power ups and
battles....sorry...

There is a difference.....

skidz

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 11:43:16 AM1/10/11

I havent time to read to such hysterical hyperbole.....get out!

skidz

Chris Stevens

Jan 10, 2011, 11:57:13 AM1/10/11
skidz wrote:

>>> I see what your trying to do here...well, trying to wind me up for
>>> your amusement is very odd.....or making criticism to start a flame
>>> war unbecomes you....come on....what is your point...?
>>
>> Skidz, on this occasion I don't think anyone is trying to wind you
>> up.
>> The differences you point out are all valid, but the similarities
>> that are commonly seen between the two series come from the older 2D
>> iterations of both games, where they shared the mechanic of a map
>> that opened up more as you unlocked new abilities. The phrase
>> 'Metroidvania' is in quite common usage to describe this type of
>> gameplay, and can also be applied to other games (a relatively
>> recent example being Shadow Complex) as well.
>> Whether the most recent Castlevania game even fits this historic
>> pattern is debatable, which makes your position even more
>> understandable. I would imagine that if Prime and Lords of Shadow
>> were the first iteration of each game, no one would draw any
>> significant parallels at all.
>>
>> I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you're both right and that
>> there's no need to argue. :)
>
> sorry Metroid games are open map games, where you back track from end
> of map to other...CastleVania LORDS OF SHADOW as my header says doesnt
> imply 2D iterations of Castlevania, I mean it I say Castlevania Lords
> Of Shadow, unless I I misreading the header? a 3D iteration with
> levels, acts and chapters which you gop back to, do the level again,
> not wandser around the map aimlessly searching for power ups and
> battles....sorry...
>
> There is a difference.....

I was agreeing with you! :)

I suggested that there is virtually nothing in common between
Castlevania:LOS and Metroid Prime (which is what you are *correctly*
saying), but that historically the two series have a shared heritage (which
is what choobs was *correctly* saying).

And, from that, I was *correctly* saying that there's no need to argue. ;)

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 2:10:16 PM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 4:57 pm, "Chris Stevens" <n...@thestevensfamily.plus.com>
wrote:
> GT: SomethingWitty- Hide quoted text -

ok I apologise for the misunderstanding then:)

skidz

Toby Newman

Jan 10, 2011, 5:50:31 PM1/10/11
On 2011-01-10, skidz <ski...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes and No, but they are 2 different style of game, 1 is sci fi
> shooter, the other is Horror hacknslash....
> ICastlevania is very Linear, Metroid is all over the place.....Plus
> the gender unless Gabriel had a sex chsange when he comes a Vampire
> (SPOILER) or Samus blasts Lycans with a beam? Metroid world is more
> backtracking and wandering around the ,ap then anything...and loadsa
> jumping, and Sci fi...and different genre...

You're supposed to put "SPOILER" before the spoiler, not after it, you
[censored]. I'm half way through that game. Cheers.

skidz

Jan 10, 2011, 6:39:23 PM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 10:50 pm, Toby Newman <goo...@asktoby.com> wrote:

thats ok...would you like some more spoilers?
I think I spotted it here and everywhere else about the (SPOILER)
ending...especially the DLC annoucemnet, its says what it is and is an
epilogue of Gabriel when he becomes a Vampire, BUT you dont experience
that in game......in game he is still Gabriel...so I will say no
more..I really havent spoilt it, CVG/Kotaku/gaming websites have
already said what happens to him...but its puzzling as it doesnt make
sense, I am on 2nd play thru...maybe it will then.....I am sorry...but
as you dont play him as Vampire at all....I expect the DLC you will?
I did not do it on purpose...its a Metroid Prime game anyways Samus
becomes a vampire:)

deKay

Jan 11, 2011, 8:05:16 AM1/11/11
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Toby Newman wrote:

A QUOTED SPOILER YOU UTTER SPANNER!

Toby Newman

Jan 11, 2011, 8:45:50 AM1/11/11
On 2011-01-11, deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Toby Newman wrote:
> A QUOTED SPOILER YOU UTTER SPANNER!

Ack, I'm really sorry. Didn't make the leap that people would have
Skids killfiled and wouldn't have seen the spoiler until I had it in
my reply. That's embarrasing.