Last Play Want Bin of 2023 (PWBE 26 Dec 2023)

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Dec 26, 2023, 1:43:01 PM12/26/23

Well, there's always next year. For <gestures_around> any of this,
really.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5) - Having trouble
with the last of the Pocket Racer tracks before the advanced room opens
up. I'm sure that I'm overthinking this last race a bit because I've
finished up the main game so I've got almost all of the advanced racing
parts and I'm just using them all improperly There's also two remaining
arena encounters and one city mission to match remaining, and I'm not
sure if I have the will or the free time to put in the grinding
necessary to finish all that off. Still having fun though.

Lode Runner Legacy (PC) - I've got the Switch cart coming, and for now
I'm just running through the classic levels and remembering how these
worked way back in the day. The mechanisms whereby the game reminds you
where the fake bricks are is sort of a cheat, and the game for sure
comes down on the side of "Any ladder at the top counts as an exit" as
opposed to the JPN-region "Only one valid exit" method.

Jumpman (PC) - Ooh, they added the Commodore version to the Steam port.
It's also tuned for the UK/EU video settings, so if I want to play it at
the frame rate I remember from the US region I'll need to crank up the
run speed a little bit.

Taito Milestones 2 (NSW) - Produced in lower numbers than its
predecessor, which can be had for a song from the right retailer.
Milestones 2 has never dipped below its regular $40 retail American
price until this past week, and so out of sheer boredom I went and
bought it. Honestly, the only thing worth having here is the arcade
version of The Legend of Kage, which makes so much more sense in its
original form than in its rock-hard NES iteration. Darius 2 is nice to
see, but I've been too lazy to compare it to the Cozmic Collection
version which should otherwise be identical.

Want:
--=--

Better disc case storage - I've been relying on a melange of pressboard
cabinets and cardboard boxes to keep my DVD and Blu-Ray cases in order,
and this is a problem when I have to have a copy of House of the Dead
III out *right now* and the urge must be followed-up with 90 minutes of
searching. I've taken to ordering some of those PVC bags that are sized
for forty-ish disc cases, which has the added benefit of giving one the
ability to look inside without having unpack or rearrange anything. I'll
have 14 by the time all the separate orders are filled.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $6,409

Tiger Shark (PSX) - $4
Sheep (PSX) - $6
Area 51 (PSX) - $11
Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James (PSX) - $12
Indie Heroes 3 (EVC) - $20
C64 Collection 3 (EVC) - $20
Taito Milestones 2 (NSW) - $35
More Steam stuff I can't keep track of (PC) - $25

Total to date - $6,541

-KKC, who needs more sleep this week.

Russell Marks

Dec 27, 2023, 4:48:26 PM12/27/23
Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kend...@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Play:

Minecraft (PS4) - had another look around the base of the ruins I
mentioned a while back, which had seemingly ended quite abruptly just
above a cavern. As it turns out, that was right next to a deep
underground ravine - I'm not sure if these are commonplace underground
or not, but it's probably the first one I've spotted on the PS4
version at least. So I poked around that for a while, and definitely
didn't get lost at least three times, having to dig tunnels to escape.
Because that would be silly.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

My PS4 Minecraft save now being nearly a gigabyte, which seems a bit
excessive.

-Rus.