Hey, wait, there's a "campain" now?

1 view

Lex Gray

Jan 23, 2003, 8:37:25 AM1/23/03
Re: Gamestation And Why It Sucks.

I think another thing we should point out: Either the channel has so many
artefacts that Indiana Jones *&* Lara Croft could work quite happily
side-by-side, or these people are downloading movies *off The Internet*.
Now, that is acceptable, and okay within itself; but c'mon! Are you guys
using a 56k connection for your friggin' *channel*? I hope not, but that's
what it sure looks like. I mean, it wouldn't be so difficult to actually buy
a magazine and run the video from there, would it?

Still, at least they don't complain about the "Bugs" such as walls going
invisible so you can see your character in a fighting game anymore.

But, c'mon, get your act together guys. If you're going to start charging,
and making, SOOOOOOO much money, then why can't it be spent making a decent
channel? Where's it all going?

I may post more on this subject when I am not drunk, and sitting in my
University canteen. I feel that when these variables are met, I might not be
so easily distracted by other top... Oooooh a kitten!
-Lex

Mortis

Jan 23, 2003, 9:01:16 AM1/23/03
Lex Gray left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Re: Gamestation And Why It Sucks.
>
> I think another thing we should point out: Either the channel has so many
> artefacts that Indiana Jones *&* Lara Croft could work quite happily
> side-by-side, or these people are downloading movies *off The Internet*.

I have utternly NO idea what you are talking about. Go home, sober up
and then translate the prior waffle into meaningful sentances.

Of course, if I'm pissed when I read it it won't make alot of
difference.
--

Mortis

[Insert sig here]

rich a

Jan 23, 2003, 9:18:31 AM1/23/03
Mortis came to uk.games.video.misc with a simple dream, a dream of
killing all humans:

>> I think another thing we should point out: Either the channel has so
>> many artefacts that Indiana Jones *&* Lara Croft could work quite
>> happily side-by-side, or these people are downloading movies *off The
>> Internet*.
>
> I have utternly NO idea what you are talking about. Go home, sober up
> and then translate the prior waffle into meaningful sentances.

I can happily translate for you:

One point is that the channel is really heavily and badly compressed.
It's clear in both the video and sound that they are squeezing the channel
into a very small amount of space. The sound someimes sounds like you're
listening to it underwater, and the video is full of artefacts (blockiness
all over the place, really strange looking edges). I don't know why
people bother to watch Babestation, because the "babes" are in really
minute windows which are plagued with MPEG artefacts. I can only guess
that their viewers use their imagination to the fullest as they're
attempting to "make the bald man cry".

The second point is that they often download low-resolution game clips off
the internet and show them on the channel. These clips usually look
really crap, they're low quality to begin with and then they're subjected
to the evil compression of the Game Network, making them look doubly
shite. You would have thought they would have deals with publishers to
get a decent broadcast quality feed of upcoming games that the publishers
wish to hype. Or at least they could pay for an ign.com account and nick
the hi-res videos from there.. :)

--
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly.

Dr. Boggis

Jan 23, 2003, 1:44:41 PM1/23/03
In article <Xns930C91719...@130.133.1.4>,
rich a <use...@brushtastic.f2s.com> wrote:

> Mortis came to uk.games.video.misc with a simple dream, a dream of
> killing all humans:
>
> >> I think another thing we should point out: Either the channel has so
> >> many artefacts that Indiana Jones *&* Lara Croft could work quite
> >> happily side-by-side, or these people are downloading movies *off The
> >> Internet*.
> >
> > I have utternly NO idea what you are talking about. Go home, sober up
> > and then translate the prior waffle into meaningful sentances.
>
> I can happily translate for you:

What channel? Is this some Sky-based malarky or what?

--
-Take out Ron to reply-
Muhuhuhuh: http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/mohh_omlo

rich a

Jan 23, 2003, 1:59:02 PM1/23/03
Dr. Boggis came to uk.games.video.misc with a simple dream, a dream of
killing all humans:

> What channel? Is this some Sky-based malarky or what?

Yeah. The "Game Network" *cough* is a Sky/Cable channel which is
supposed to be dedicated to gaming.. However it's output is complete and
utter shit. It has a few programmes about games, but they only take up a
quarter of the screen while the rest is dedictated to a 50p per message
text message chat service.

When it does have a program about games it is usally presented by a bloke
who is FUCKING HUGE, and is accompanied by the most low-resolution and
crap game footage imaginable.

Oh and at 11pm, they have a program called "Babestation". They have three
postage-stamp sized windows each with a different "babe", and the usual
text messaging crap which is full of messages like: "BABE 1 GET YER TITS
OUT FER THE LADZ!"

Lex Gray

Jan 23, 2003, 4:43:53 PM1/23/03
Also: They never do.
"rich a" <use...@brushtastic.f2s.com> wrote in message

Mortis

Jan 24, 2003, 9:49:48 AM1/24/03
rich a left a note on my windscreen which said:

> > What channel? Is this some Sky-based malarky or what?
>
> Yeah. The "Game Network" *cough* is a Sky/Cable channel which is
> supposed to be dedicated to gaming.. However it's output is complete and
> utter shit. It has a few programmes about games, but they only take up a
> quarter of the screen while the rest is dedictated to a 50p per message
> text message chat service.

Ah, it's becoming clearer now and, yes, Game Network is crap.