Nintendo DS Browser Real World Test

AirRaid

Jul 28, 2006, 2:24:07 PM7/28/06
7+ min real-world (not a commercial or promo) test video of the Opera
browser for Nintendo DS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2yfhBSvR0

even though it's not the greatest browser, as it has to work within the
limitations of a ~67 MHz ARM processor and less than 10 MB of memory,
it is the only one for Nintendo platform that I know of, at least until
the Nintendo Wii console comes out with Opera built-in.

very different from the PSP browser. other than not having dual
screens, or a touch screen, the PSP has lot more resources for
processing internet pages, 32+ MB memory and a 333 MHz processor
(currently capped at 222 MHz).... but from what I've seen, the PSP
browser is not very efficient or good, concidering the PSP is much more
powerful than the DS. maybe Sony will get Opera to make a decent
browser for PSP soon?

Mattinglyfan

Jul 28, 2006, 11:33:00 PM7/28/06

"AirRaid" <AirRa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

There is a homebrew Opera Browser.

Stabby Rip Stab Stab

Jul 29, 2006, 6:08:21 AM7/29/06
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:33:00 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
<nos...@bigmommashouse.com> wrote:

> There is a homebrew Opera Browser.

For DS? I seriously doubt it.

Chris F

Jul 29, 2006, 6:12:16 AM7/29/06

for PSP.................
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

Mattinglyfan

Jul 29, 2006, 11:50:28 AM7/29/06

"Stabby Rip Stab Stab" <e...@emo.emo.invalid> wrote in message

How about you read the post next time. Better yet, how about you read the
line DIRECTLY above what I said.

The Most Original Perkoff On Usenet

Jul 29, 2006, 2:44:42 PM7/29/06

How bout not throwing a temper tantrum over a simple mistake?

Grow up, punk.

AirRaid

Jul 29, 2006, 3:31:50 PM7/29/06

interesting, thanks.

I'll google for the homebrew PSP Opera Browser to see what features it
has,
the performance / quality of it, in general.

Mattinglyfan

Jul 29, 2006, 7:31:10 PM7/29/06

"The Most Original Perkoff On Usenet" <st...@perkoff.com> wrote in message

Hey, the scumbag is back.

Lister

Jul 30, 2006, 7:04:44 AM7/30/06

Go away you crossposting twattocks

Followups set

The Most Original Perkoff On Usenet

Jul 30, 2006, 3:43:45 PM7/30/06

You have a problem.

Fred Liken

Jul 31, 2006, 12:51:03 PM7/31/06
"Mattinglyfan" <nos...@bigmommashouse.com> wrote in message

>> maybe Sony will get Opera to make a decent
>> browser for PSP soon?
>
> There is a homebrew Opera Browser.

So, it is supported by Sony?

Chris F

Jul 31, 2006, 2:08:49 PM7/31/06
On 31 Jul 2006 11:51:03 -0500, "Fred Liken"
<noth...@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:

he never said it was, nor did he imply it was. all he said was that
there is a homebrew PSP version of Opera available.

or were you just trying to troll for a response?

ah, apologies. do carry on.

Fred Liken

Aug 1, 2006, 3:51:02 PM8/1/06

"Chris F" <ch...@asifimtellingyoulot.com> wrote in message

> On 31 Jul 2006 11:51:03 -0500, "Fred Liken"
> <noth...@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:
>
>>"Mattinglyfan" <nos...@bigmommashouse.com> wrote in message

>>> There is a homebrew Opera Browser.
>>
>>So, it is supported by Sony?
>>
> he never said it was, nor did he imply it was.

He responded to the question "Maybe Sony will get Opera to make a decent
browser for the PSP soon?" Are you implying that he was being inane?

> all he said was that
> there is a homebrew PSP version of Opera available.

Inane response, unless he was implying it answered the question...

> or were you just trying to troll for a response?

Ditto.

> ah, apologies. do carry on.

Ditto, Chris "Bad Touch" Fatty Butt.

Mattinglyfan

Aug 2, 2006, 6:38:00 PM8/2/06

"Fred Liken" <noth...@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message

> "Chris F" <ch...@asifimtellingyoulot.com> wrote in message
>> On 31 Jul 2006 11:51:03 -0500, "Fred Liken"
>> <noth...@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Mattinglyfan" <nos...@bigmommashouse.com> wrote in message

>>>So, it is supported by Sony?
>>>
>> he never said it was, nor did he imply it was.
>
> He responded to the question "Maybe Sony will get Opera to make a decent
> browser for the PSP soon?" Are you implying that he was being inane?

Well if the poster was looking for an official Sony Opera version, my
response wouldn't help. If however, he was really impressed by the Opera
aspects of the DS browser, I simply offered him a viable alternative.

Example:

"Wendy's chicken sandwich uses 100% white breast meat. I really like that,
I wish McDonald's had one."

"McDonald's doesn't offer it yet but Burger King has one that, if you
haven't tried, is just as good if not better than the Wendy's sandwich."
Maybe that can tide you over until MCDonald's gets one."

3rd Person: Does McDonald's sell the Wendy's chicken sandwich?

(Correct Response) No, dumb ass, that is why I specifically said BK
(homebrew)

Instigator: How does that help the guy who said he would like Mickey D's to
make the sandwich?

(Correct Response) Well, if there are no Wendy's where he is and he has the
ability to get to a B.K., it gives him a temporary resouce for the chicken
sandwich.