AC: Is it worth playing AC on the GC after ACWW on my NDS?

Jamie Kahn Genet

Jun 17, 2006, 8:08:03 AM6/17/06
It seems like the e-cards are something really fun AC has over ACWW.
Will I be disappointed if I play AC on the GC after ACWW? What other
differences are there? I just bought a whole load of AC e-cards by
auction and I'm curious.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

neil h

Jun 17, 2006, 10:35:18 AM6/17/06
Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> It seems like the e-cards are something really fun AC has over ACWW.
> Will I be disappointed if I play AC on the GC after ACWW? What other
> differences are there? I just bought a whole load of AC e-cards by
> auction and I'm curious.

It is a different experience playing it on a big screen and the rumble
effect is good for fishing, but the major difference is the hassle of
setting up the game cube if you just want to play for a few minutes here
and there.

--
neil h.
"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." - Douglas Adams

Animal Crossing : Satsuma in Dogwood 064 485 635 776

Chris F

Jun 17, 2006, 11:27:23 AM6/17/06
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:08:03 +1200, jam...@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie
Kahn Genet) wrote:

>It seems like the e-cards are something really fun AC has over ACWW.
>Will I be disappointed if I play AC on the GC after ACWW? What other
>differences are there? I just bought a whole load of AC e-cards by
>auction and I'm curious.

it doesnt have the same level of interactivity as the DS one does with
it's wifi features.

the GC version relies on using codes, etc to share with your real life
friends, so you can "send" them stuff. it's a total ballache and the
GC version gets tired very quickly.

its saving grace is the GBA connectivity, which lets you travel to a
small island south of the town to get coconuts and talk with the
lion(i think) who lives down there.

it also lets you download old NES games to the GBA which you can play
until you turn off the machine (theyre only saved in the ram,
obviously)

oh and thats only with an original GBA or an SP. the DS and Micro
can't connect to the GC.
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

Ted

Jun 18, 2006, 9:00:56 PM6/18/06
You can also use the Animal Crossing eReader cards with the GC version.
The eReader requires the original GBA (it won't work with the SP).

The GC version also has several benefits over the DS version; namely the
many holidays you can celebrate in the game. They emasculated the DS
version for apparently PC reasons that no one can really figure out.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Jun 19, 2006, 1:13:28 AM6/19/06
Ted <nospam...@nospam.com> wrote:

> You can also use the Animal Crossing eReader cards with the GC version.
> The eReader requires the original GBA (it won't work with the SP).

What do you mean? The e-Reader works with the GBA-SP.

> The GC version also has several benefits over the DS version; namely the
> many holidays you can celebrate in the game. They emasculated the DS
> version for apparently PC reasons that no one can really figure out.

PC taken too far :-(

Ted

Jun 19, 2006, 9:03:15 AM6/19/06

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> Ted <nospam...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > You can also use the Animal Crossing eReader cards with the GC version.
> > The eReader requires the original GBA (it won't work with the SP).
>
> What do you mean? The e-Reader works with the GBA-SP.

My recollection is the combination doesn't work; i.e., you can't use the
ereader and the GC-GBA connector at the same time on the SP, therefore
the SP won't work with Animal Crossing eReaader stuff.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Jun 20, 2006, 2:09:58 AM6/20/06
Ted <nospam...@nospam.com> wrote:

GB-SP's can be connected to GCs. They both have the same ports.