Re: Pilot Wings

1 view

AirRaid

Jun 18, 2006, 2:51:02 PM6/18/06
Hai wrote:
> IMHO the old version of Pilot Wings, updated slightly (I think this is
> called Shovelware by programmers) and Zelda, both, will put Nintendo
> Game Cube back on the map.
>

> I don't know about anybody else, but I would actually like what the GC
> could bring to this great old dog title. In America, from conversations
> with my friends, it is sort of like traveling along the famous Route
> 66. Ya know what I mean, jelly bean? Easy money, etc., etc.
>
> Have a nice day
>
> Hai
> - -

okay listen, the Pilot Wings title of your post got my attention.

First of all the *old* version of PilotWings was on the Super Famicom ~
Super NES. came out in 1990-1991 respectively. it was programmed by
Nintendo around 1989 as the SFC/SNES console itself was in development

Then the Nintendo64 got Pilot Wings 64, at launch in 1996. unlike
the original PilotWings, this new version was programmed by Paradigm
Simulations, makers of military flight simulators.

both games were great, very different from each other but both great.

forward to the 2002-2003 timeframe:

a Gamecube PilotWings *was* being made by Factor5 a few years ago, but
this project got canned, cancelled, scrapped, killed, nixed, axed,
whatever you want to call it. It probably had something to do with
Factor5 distancing itself from Nintendo.

there will be no PilotWings for GameCube.

However, it is rumored that a new PilotWings is being made, or will be
made, for the Nintendo Revolution (the Wii), but not by Factor5.
I've read that it will be made either by Nintendo themselves, or Hudson
(part of Konami now)....but this has not been confirmed.

I *mistakenly* thought that the Wii airplane game was the new
PilotWings for Wii.

Wii airplane game video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG201q53b8U

but it's not PilotWings, it's from a game called Wii Sports, even
though it looks strikingly similar to Pilot Wings 64.

so a new PilotWings has yet to be officially confirmed by Nintendo for
the Wii, as far as I know.

CMC

Jun 19, 2006, 9:41:50 AM6/19/06
> I *mistakenly* thought that the Wii airplane game was the new
> PilotWings for Wii.
>
> Wii airplane game video here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG201q53b8U
>
> but it's not PilotWings, it's from a game called Wii Sports, even
> though it looks strikingly similar to Pilot Wings 64.
>

> so a new PilotWings has yet to be officially confirmed by Nintendo for
> the Wii, as far as I know.

I can see why. the game looks exactly like the pilot wings game. Perhaps
they will re title it to Pilot Wings. Who knows?

Cheers,
Colin