WWS2000 Out Friday?

Mike Jenkins

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
I went into Game today and they were advertising Soul Calibur (HURRAH)
and World Wide Soccer 2000 as out on Friday. I thought WWS was on Dec
3? They had the boxes and everything.

Mike Jenkins

ROMS? HERE: www.kwik-e-mart.in2home.co.uk

Andrew Guy

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
World Wide Soccer 2000 is indeed out this friday, Uefa Striker is now Dec
3rd...seems Worldwide soccer will get the advantage of being out first!

Regards
Andy
Console Corner
www.consolecorner.com

Liam Gibson

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Looks like my faux post below has now become a reality
If WWS2000 is any better than UEFA then it'll get my money Friday!

Mike Jenkins <mi...@kwik-e-mart.in2home.co.uk> wrote in message

Ed Lomas

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Liam Gibson wrote:

Hasn't anyone here learned to be suspicious about game releases being
brought forward so they hit the streets before any magazine reviews?

Wait a week or two and see what people think - you'll feel very stupid if
you rush out and spend £40 on WWS2000 just because it's the first one out.

Ed

James Shawe

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
I wish you wouldn't criticise us gamers and then release average magazines

Liam Gibson

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Yeah I was just gonna walk in Game and give em me money.
Of course I am aware of Sega's reluctance of allowing mags to get games!!
I HAVE played UEFA and I really like it so that will be what I am gettin!

Ed Lomas <ed.l...@TAKETHISOUTdennis.co.uk> wrote in message

Mike Jenkins

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:31:42 +0000, Ed Lomas
<ed.l...@TAKETHISOUTdennis.co.uk> wrote:
>Hasn't anyone here learned to be suspicious about game releases being
>brought forward so they hit the streets before any magazine reviews?

Sure have, but with the quality of magazines out nowadays that doen`t
matter much anymore.

>Wait a week or two and see what people think - you'll feel very stupid if
>you rush out and spend £40 on WWS2000 just because it's the first one out.

So is it any good?

Ed Lomas

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Mike Jenkins wrote:

> So is it any good?

Not particularly.

Ed

Ed Lomas

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
James Shawe wrote:

> I wish you wouldn't criticise us gamers and then release average magazines

Didn't criticise anyone. I merely pointed out that if a company uses that old
trick it almost always means there's something wrong with their game. As it
does in this case, as a matter of fact.

Ed

Stuart Dredge

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
James Shawe wrote:

> I wish you wouldn't criticise us gamers and then release average magazines

He had a fair point - don't think he was criticising anyone. It is weird how
WWS is being rush-released before any reviews are printed.

Average magazine? bah... ;o)

Stu

--
Stuart Dredge