hello

choci

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Hi everyone,

been away for a few days and have just been catching up with the posts I missed, One point of
concern is that the US Gauntlet legends doesnt want to play in a modded DC ..... fingers crossed
that no more games appear like this ! or it looks as though we will have to get our soldering irons
out again and replace the chip with a newer version :(

Just popped in to EB yesterday and saw in their DC chart that Ecco was number 2, and a game by Eidos
(can't remember the name) was at numero uno ! can anyone here tell me the name of the game and also
if it is any good ???

Anyway it's good to be back, speak soon

ChOci ;)

Sjoerd de Roest

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
choci <psh...@NOSPAMmadasafish.com> wrote in message

The game on the number 1 spot is probably sword of the beserk. It received
about 80% in most of the reviews.
You can read reviews of it on almost every dc site.

Sjoerd

choci

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
The name is The Nomad Soul ..... anygood anyone ??

:
:

Nathan

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
I expect if that's number one it's only because of the delays. I mean, my
friend has had this on pre-order for ages and only got it this morning. I
guess because it's been 'out' on pre-order for so long, all the sales have
been slowly collected up into a concentrated one day sales figure today,
making it one.

Nathan

"choci" <psh...@NOSPAMmadasafish.com> wrote in message

Stephen Henderson

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:55:54 +0100, "choci"
<psh...@NOSPAMmadasafish.com> wrote:

>The name is The Nomad Soul ..... anygood anyone ??

Its a port of an overly-ambitious pc game. It tries to mix a lot of
styles -rpg, beat-em-up, shooter, action-adventure- but doesn't really
succeed at any of them. It has an interesting reincarnation system
whereby if you die you can play as whoever killed you + it tries hard
to create a Shenmue-like living city environment but it doesn't quite
pull it off.
Haven't seen it score much higher than ~70% in either DC or PC version
but if you're after a bit strange French-ness or if you're Bowie fan
(he makes a few appearances and did the sound-track) you might want to
give it a go.

Stephen H

choci

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Thanks for taking the time to write that Stephen,

cheers,

ChOci ;)

ps > I'll go for Ecco ... not got that yet and it was a toss up between the two of them.

"Stephen Henderson" <s...@xman.dnet.co.uk> wrote in message
: On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:55:54 +0100, "choci"

Nathan

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Definately Ecco then...no question about that one

Nathan