Sega GT - What do you think?

PFR UK

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00

Bought Sega GT yesterday. Wasn't impressed on first viewing. Had a go today,
and - guess what - I think it's even worse!

OK, so it looks quite pretty.

But the car handling is just so unrealistic. Reminds me of playing that
Playstation thing using a digital controller - having to "yank" the car around
corners. Yuk!

And what's more, sometimes it just feels plain wrong! For example, one time I
had the wheels on full lock, but the car was going straight on. Fair enough,
that's understeer for you. But - and here's the thing - there was not even the
slightest sound coming from the tyres. How can that be? (!)

I like a game that is a challenge. Grand Prix Legends on the PC for example.
Really hard at first, but enjoyable, 'cos you really feel it's like a car and
you enjoy trying to master it.

But Sega GT, this just makes me frustrated and ultimately annoyed.

Anyone got any thoughts on this - either agreeing or disagreeing.

Is Sega GT truely awful? Or am I looking at it all wrong?

Thanks,

Phil

Dreamer Boy

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
I think I agree with you...you do have F355 don't you....

"PFR UK" <pf...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jonny Appleseed

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00

I also bought it yesterday and I have the same opinion. Graphics are great
but handling is bad.

Vidar "Hawk" Olavesen

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Wanna sell it ?

PFR UK

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Hi, thanks for that.

Yes, F355 is excellent from the car handling point of view. Love MSR as well!

Philip Hoole

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
I'm afraid I bought it yesterday and completely regret it.. I'll give it a
chance though and play a bit more. The handling ,as you say, is very odd.

Jonathan Trengrove

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Once you get used to the handling it is fairly enjoyable, however if you've
been too spoiled by MSR and F355 you may find it hard to get into it. Its a
good challenge though, and it is pretty satisfying once you get a decent
car.

Tren

"Philip Hoole" <p.h...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Kevin Howell

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
I've had the game for quite some time on import and its pants. I'm glad I
managed to sell mine on ebay for £15. Avoid if you can.

Howla :(

Marc Jefferies

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Well, at the risk of sounding a "rebel" I've got the Jap version, and I love
it!
I'm playing it more at the moment than MSR (I dont have F355).

I much prefer Sega GT to Gran Turismo 1 or 2 which I also have.

"Kevin Howell" <howlarem...@the-toon.com> wrote in message

deep

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Sega GT is complete rubbish... Its probably the worst racing game I've played
on the dreamcast. MSR is by far the best car racing game out. If you're
looking for realism, check out Test Drive LEMANS... Its made by melborne
house... they have done a great job. Don't be turned off by the title of Test
Drive.

gongaga

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
I just got it and really like it too the handling is tough to get used too
and nothing great but not half as bad as you guys make out the car choice is
as good as MSR or Tokyo Highway Challenge anyday and while the tracks are
not the greatest the game as a whole is good

Schnide

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
If it's as bad as the Saturn version, it's no surprise at all.

deep <de...@junglist.com> wrote in message

Mike Jenkins

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 20:00:41 -0000, "Schnide" <sch...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>If it's as bad as the Saturn version, it's no surprise at all.

Err, I think you`re getting confused with Sega Touring Car.

And nothing is as bad as that.

Mike Jenkins

ROMS? HERE: www.kwik-e-mart.in2home.co.uk

Mike Jenkins

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:09:29 GMT, de...@junglist.com (deep) wrote:

>Sega GT is complete rubbish... Its probably the worst racing game I've played
>on the dreamcast.

I quite like Sega GT. The handling is pleasant enough and it has a
nice feeling of speed.

The worst racer I have played on DC is Tokyo Highway Challenge,
followed by its sequel. Now THAT is crap handling.

CastDreamer

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Yeah, Sega GT is really crappy. You want a game that is a challenge? Buy
F355 Challenge. It is really hard and the graphics are way better then Sega
GT's.

Lazarus

Chris Lam

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
wacky races is worst than sega gt

in fact, sega gt (jap) had a lot of potential except
the track design was poor

"Schnide" <sch...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> If it's as bad as the Saturn version, it's no surprise at all.
>

> deep <de...@junglist.com> wrote in message

> > Sega GT is complete rubbish... Its probably the worst racing game I've
> played

James Harris

Dec 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/3/00
> Bought Sega GT yesterday. Wasn't impressed on first viewing. Had a go today,
> and - guess what - I think it's even worse!
> OK, so it looks quite pretty.
> But the car handling is just so unrealistic. Reminds me of playing that
> Playstation thing using a digital controller - having to "yank" the car around
> corners. Yuk!
> And what's more, sometimes it just feels plain wrong! For example, one time I
> had the wheels on full lock, but the car was going straight on. Fair enough,
> that's understeer for you. But - and here's the thing - there was not even the
> slightest sound coming from the tyres. How can that be? (!)
> I like a game that is a challenge. Grand Prix Legends on the PC for example.
> Really hard at first, but enjoyable, 'cos you really feel it's like a car and
> you enjoy trying to master it.
> But Sega GT, this just makes me frustrated and ultimately annoyed.
> Anyone got any thoughts on this - either agreeing or disagreeing.
> Is Sega GT truely awful? Or am I looking at it all wrong?

I agree with you. It's so difficult to control the car I don't know why the
cops don't pull me over for suspicion of DUI! Rush 2049 seems to steer much
better.

JH
______________Live & let live_______________

Vidar "Hawk" Olavesen

Dec 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/3/00
> >Sega GT is complete rubbish... Its probably the worst racing game I've
played
> >on the dreamcast.
>
> I quite like Sega GT. The handling is pleasant enough and it has a
> nice feeling of speed.
>
> The worst racer I have played on DC is Tokyo Highway Challenge,
> followed by its sequel. Now THAT is crap handling.
I agree with Mike here. Except I'd put Roadster as the worst. THC 2 was
better than the first, but still ... Haven't tested Sega GT, but if anyone
want to sell a US version to me, I am open to offers.